Did no-one notice how many of our forwards rotated during the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought by now someone would have mentioned the fact that 3 of our forwards who usually go 80 minutes a game or near enough actually had time on the bench yesterday. Graham came off around the 23 min mark and didn't come on until later in the second half and both Elliott and Jackson had spells. In the case of Graham it gave our attack a chance to stay straighter and in the case of the 2 back rowers it gave them a chance to re-energise and come back on and give it to the Dragons. I think those 3 rotations were a big reason why we kept them tryless.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We had much better line speed, yesterday.
Im assuming that was the plan, to play shorter, more intense stints.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Looked like we just played straight and ran harder to me. All jokes aside we just played better footy. Our kicking game still needs a lot of work but I don't think Mbye should be kicking at all. He has 1 kick and that's the bomb to the opp player.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still love seeing Sam carry three defenders, been demanding better rotation for a while.
We did miss Graham and his passing, good to see him back, even reckon Eastwood had an ok game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His middle 3rd rotations were a lot better this week, but it's still fucking weird.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought a big contribution to the win was the speed in defence. Instead of waiting for opponents to come to them and make 10 post contact metres every run, the boys moved up in defence and cut the Drongos attack down. About time

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Did not notice this, very interesting.

Also we did not use Holland at all did we? I guess Holland is just there in case Chase breaks down again?

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought a big contribution to the win was the speed in defence. Instead of waiting for opponents to come to them and make 10 post contact metres every run, the boys moved up in defence and cut the Drongos attack down. About time
Dunno about that ... our speed of defence was good in patches however most of the time the bulldogs defence waited for the opponents to come to them .. very frustrating as many of dragons sets ended in our own half

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought by now someone would have mentioned the fact that 3 of our forwards who usually go 80 minutes a game or near enough actually had time on the bench yesterday. Graham came off around the 23 min mark and didn't come on until later in the second half and both Elliott and Jackson had spells. In the case of Graham it gave our attack a chance to stay straighter and in the case of the 2 back rowers it gave them a chance to re-energise and come back on and give it to the Dragons. I think those 3 rotations were a big reason why we kept them tryless.
I do recall that elliot changed sides and replaced jackson, with feastwood replacing him on the left edge. At this time we also had klem, graham and tolman on the field. Definitely an improvement on our usual bench rotations!!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Des is always about 5 minutes - 10mins or a try against us too late when he makes the first sub. So many times I sit their and watch us start to lose the arm wrestle from the opening 10-20 mins and think chuck "Kas" on. Des waits until we flatten out or we have a try scored against us to make the move. If I can feel the pendulum shifting that he certainly should be able too. IMO the sub needs to be made just before that so we can maintain the pressure or enthusiasm. I believe most times it would result in us scoring first instead of the opposition. I have felt this for several seasons now. It's like he says in his head that first sub will be at the 25 minute mark and it doesn't matter what the game is doing it will be at 25mins?

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our forward rotation is poor compared with other teams. Playing Tolman for such long stints is pointless.
I disagree. He is more capable of long minutes then anyone bar jackson. He doesnt tire and start dropping off tackles either.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not always. I actually noticed them deliberately holding back as a line in defense when it was called for. They had great cohesion as a defensive unit, and no one was rushing up out of the line by themselves à la brwnko!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On another note, it really shits me how slow the commentators are to pick up on interchanges made. Its part of their job surely?!! Sometimes the player has been on for 2-3 mins before they mention it. They have the best view, and surely someone else available to tell them these things.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
On another note, it really shits me how slow the commentators are to pick up on interchanges made. Its part of their job surely?!! Sometimes the player has been on for 2-3 mins before they mention it. They have the best view, and surely someone else available to tell them these things.
Absolutely, they use to say it as soon as they were on the sideline about to come on. Their usually is a sideline commentator so I don't see why they can't do it as soon as it is obvious.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely, they use to say it as soon as they were on the sideline about to come on. Their usually is a sideline commentator so I don't see why they can't do it as soon as it is obvious.
Its pretty piss poor isnt it. As a television viewer you can barely see half of whats going on on the field, much less whats happening on the bench.
Fox is much better then 9, but still average.

Dogs1938

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still love seeing Sam carry three defenders, been demanding better rotation for a while.
We did miss Graham and his passing, good to see him back, even reckon Eastwood had an ok game.
Sam is good I won't deny that, but the fat fuck only makes one good run and that's it.. Cut back on the cigarets and kebabs and I'll praise him more

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very good point. Hasler' use of the bench in recent years has been mind boggling.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwood played 34 mins

8 tackles 1 missed tackle. 1 offload and 48 run metres.

DAMAGING. FFS how does this guy get selected
He has pictures of Des in a compromising situation

Status
Not open for further replies.