Did Iran do it?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
this was an interesting read but this particular line contradicts itself so much I don't know what to say.

It claims Solemaini is no Terrorist but in the same breath says that he sponsored terrorists, trained terrorists and armed terrorists.

You don't need to have much of a brain to realise that would make you a terrorist.
Wrong again, like usual.

He's the equivalent to the US's CIA. Unless you wish to call the CIA a terrorist organisation?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Iran came out with a statement, pretty quickly, after the missiles that the ball is now in Trumps court and not to escalate any further.

To me that suggests they don't want an escalation but had to send warning shots,hence I think it's on purpose that they avoided any US personnel in that area
Do you think they didn’t expect the US to call their bluff and are now shitting themselves?

Edit, just saw this
Iran’s foreign minister is calling Tuesday night’s ballistic missile attack on Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops “proportionate measures in self-defense.” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has also tweeted, “’We do not seek escalation or war, but will defend ourselves against any aggression.” His tweet follows the missile attack in retaliation for the killing of Iranian Revolutionary Guard Gen. Qassem Soleimani in a U.S. drone strike last week in Baghdad.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Iran came out with a statement, pretty quickly, after the missiles that the ball is now in Trumps court and not to escalate any further.

To me that suggests they don't want an escalation but had to send warning shots,hence I think it's on purpose that they avoided any US personnel in that area
I'd say Trump removed the US force from the Iraqi base (obviously to an unknown location), before his hit on the Iranian general

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think they didn’t expect the US to call their bluff and are now shitting themselves?
There's many rumours going on at the moment. Let's not forget that Trump missing a lot of "best people" from his cabinet because he's either fired them or STILL hasn't gotten around to appointing people in those positions. Then there's also the fact that US embassies in the middle east were not prepared for the assassination, that US defence force personnel were not informed the assassination was going ahead. Hence, there's a lot in the US Defence force who aren't being given info from Trump and it seems like Trump is "winging it".

Iran doesn't want a conflict, this is plainly obvious, as the US had their warships in the PErsion Gulf for the last year trying to provoke Iran to attack them. Iran haven't taken the bait. They had to have a reply (for their population's sake, it's a control mechanism for them), so they took the "safe" option and killed a bunch of Iraqis and not americans

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say Trump removed the US force from the Iraqi base (obviously to an unknown location), before his hit on the Iranian general
Have you seen the map of the bases hit? They're a short distance from the Iranian border. I would think Iran chose those targets on purpose.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you seen the map of the bases hit? They're a short distance from the Iranian border. I would think Iran chose those targets on purpose.
probably to ensure at least some of their rockets made it lol

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They're not going to fire missles into the likes of Qatar, UAE, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan where there are US troops.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You're probably right as they seem to have bases all over the middle east.

Trump wouldn't be that stupid carrying out a hit without removing his personnel, who are in close vicinity of the attacks

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh I know, but dawgfather only sees the world in goodies and baddies, there's no inbetween for him
There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception...Aldous Huxley..

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hence, there's a lot in the US Defence force who aren't being given info from Trump and it seems like Trump is "winging it".
Surely you jest, Trump is one of the greatest thinkers of our time. Have you not read his tweets?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Wrong again, like usual.

He's the equivalent to the US's CIA. Unless you wish to call the CIA a terrorist organisation?
To be clear I do not have a 'pro-USA' position on matters of middle eastern diplomacy and warfare.

My position is generally the opposite i.e. I believe the U.S should get the frk out of Iran and stop meddling in other countries politics and economies.

However, the point which I was making (which you quoted) was that the person who wrote that article can not have it both ways.

If they wish to say that Solemaini funded, trained and sponsored terrorists - then they can not also say that he is not a terrorist.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To be clear I do not have a 'pro-USA' position on matters of middle eastern diplomacy and warfare.

My position is generally the opposite i.e. I believe the U.S should get the frk out of Iran and stop meddling in other countries politics and economies.

However, the point which I was making (which you quoted) was that the person who wrote that article can not have it both ways.

If they wish to say that Solemaini funded, trained and sponsored terrorists - then they can not also say that he is not a terrorist.
And the point I'm making is that his position for Iran is no different to any other nation having an intelligence/defence force.

For years now theres been a whole bunch of countries fighting proxy wars in syria without getting involved themselves and they've all had their own style of the Iranian general

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely you jest, Trump is one of the greatest thinkers of our time. Have you not read his tweets?
After the attacks the Iranian leader tweeted with just the Iranian flag. They're stirring the shit out of trump and i fear that trumps ego is so fucking brittle that he's more affected by the tweet than the missile attacks

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
After the attacks the Iranian leader tweeted with just the Iranian flag. They're stirring the shit out of trump and i fear that trumps ego is so fucking brittle that he's more affected by the tweet than the missile attacks
I wouldn't worry too much, he probably has no idea what the Iranian flag looks like.