Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read a few reports now that on Sunday some of our fans booed Hutchison. If true it's a really bad look. I want him out of the team as much as anyone but that's going a bit too far. It's not like he's not trying. It's not his fault if Ciraldo keeps choosing him. How disappointing would it be trying your best and having your own fans turn on you.

I presume it happened when he came off the field. Can anyone who was there confirm and say how bad it was and the numbers involved ?

I also read when we scored the last try (largely due to Taaffe who replaced Hutcho) that Hutcho was the only one on the bench who failed to stand and cheer. IF that's true I think that's poor on his part too.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes, bad form to boo your own player - totally agreed. But we that make up the crowd that lives in a democracy, that pays hard earned money in a cost of living crisis., we are free to voice our frustrations freely. If those who are easily outraged by some booing should try living in North Korea where no one can have a voice. That would be even more dire.

As in Roman days, the mob needs to be entertained and we are surely not entertained by Hutchinson's monotonous step inside that is as slow as a turtle giving birth...to twins.

GIF image-275582D1F957-1.gif

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i beleive these drongos are what Folkesy rightly labeled nif nufs..they believe they know better than the coach, and that every player must be a star. Hutchison may not have all the skills of a regular first grader but is stepping up and doing his best for the club. Booing him is embarrassing.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't remember hearing any booing although when he was replaced by taffe and the ground announcer said Hutcho had been replaced for Taffe majority of the crowd started cheering very loudly which was pretty awkward for him

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it’s short sighted to boo him. Whilst Taaffe contributed to a try, did he not also lead to letting one in with best’s try? Hutchison might not be the flashiest player but he gets the fundamentals done and is probably our best defensive halfback in the squad. We have enough strike in our backline that we don’t really need a flash halfback. The combinations will improve over time if he gets a chance. I think this is a what Ciraldo is hoping to achieve.

I just think all the love for Taaffe at halfback is a bit premature based off 10mins against tiring defence when we were up by 20+

Would rather see Taaffe play 7 in nsw cup for a few games if this change was being considered

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, bad form to boo your own player - totally agreed. But we that make up the crowd that lives in a democracy, that pays hard earned money in a cost of living crisis., we are free to voice our frustrations freely. If those who are easily outraged by some booing should try living in North Korea where no one can have a voice. That would be even more dire.

As in Roman days, the mob needs to be entertained and we are surely not entertained by Hutchinson's monotonous step inside that is as slow as a turtle giving birth...to twins.

View attachment 107356
poor behavior towards our own players has nothing to do with "democracy" its about having respect and etiquette..ffs.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the years when I heard other teams supporters booing their own players I always believed we were better than that - in a way it set us apart from other teams. The way we have stuck solid in the last 5 years supporting a team with around a 20% rate also show what a great fan base we have.
In my opinion booing your own players diminishes our standing as the best supporters in the comp!

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn’t hear booing at the game?
I was sitting on the western side of the field on the 10m line at the southern end and could hear booing. It was an element of booing that was mixed in with some cheering, but it definitely happened. Bad look. Foxsports hacks must have been salivating at it so they could report it in the paper.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it’s short sighted to boo him. Whilst Taaffe contributed to a try, did he not also lead to letting one in with best’s try? Hutchison might not be the flashiest player but he gets the fundamentals done and is probably our best defensive halfback in the squad. We have enough strike in our backline that we don’t really need a flash halfback. The combinations will improve over time if he gets a chance. I think this is a what Ciraldo is hoping to achieve.

I just think all the love for Taaffe at halfback is a bit premature based off 10mins against tiring defence when we were up by 20+

Would rather see Taaffe play 7 in nsw cup for a few games if this change was being considered
Agree it’s a balanced team with hutch!
I love Taaffe as well he may have to wait until Tracey is coat hangered unfortunately.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People have unrealistic expectations of Sexton thinking he will be setting up tries on the right and Burton on the left when in reality Sexton is going to be a turnstile who will get targeted and be the weak link in the side that opposition teams will expose.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People have unrealistic expectations of Sexton thinking he will be setting up tries on the right and Burton on the left when in reality Sexton is going to be a turnstile who will get targeted and be the weak link in the side that opposition teams will expose.
Yup hutch every day of the week for me!
We score 16 points, defend 15 or less we win!
It’s not rocket science!