Did Dib lie about Des/Tedesco/Moses situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lol “successful club” almost fell off my chair reading this.

mitty_7

New Pup
Reaction score
Let’s all be honest, why would tedddy have wanted to join the club with des at the helm. We had the worst attack in the league and the players looked miserable.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Correct. He is far FAR better and more qualified than "Netball" ever was.
Lol.. He should start off with getting someone to proof read his press releases. Not a good look when a CEO press release has typos!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow. After the shit Dib pulled on Hasler's contract, people are still trying to say he doesn't lie????

He may very well be in the right and Haslers MOU isn't a valid contract but he stood in front of the TV cameras and said it was.

Was that not a lie?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tedesco-insists-no-dogs-pledge-over-moses-20180226-p4z1th.html

James Tedesco insists there was no guarantee he would have joined the Bulldogs had the club's former coach Des Hasler given the green light to sign his housemate and ex-teammate Mitchell Moses.

On the same day the NSW No.1 hailed his new partner in crime and fellow Roosters big name recruit Cooper Cronk as the "smartest" player he's worked with, Tedesco stressed he has come to the Roosters to win NRL titles as he relishes the pressure of making his tricolours debut against his old club next week.

Deposed Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib told Fairfax Media last month Tedesco would have joined former Tigers teammate Aaron Woods at Belmore had Hasler also given the nod to Moses' capture, but baulked when told Moses wasn't in Canterbury's plans.

"That wasn't the be-all and end-all," Tedesco said. "I was talking to [the Bulldogs] and the Roosters, but I wasn't going to sign on that day. When you're off contract you meet with other clubs - and out of all three the Roosters were the best for me and that's why I chose them.

"They've had so many strong years and their culture is based on winning. That's why they've probably been so successful. To come into this strong club and strong culture is beneficial for me and I'm looking forward to getting started."
Yep Teddy just like you had no intention of signing with the Raiders.....reneging on your deal with them at the last minute.....Roosters were the best because money was the best but they will still maintain that he was signed at a lesser amount because of the club culture etc. " We don't back end deals, we just manage our salary cap well...." says Uncle Nick ( now and for the last 44 odd years he has controlled the purse strings of the club)

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really they won 2 primership in 40 years.
We have won 5 in 40years.
Modern era is considered start of NRL onwards.
So since 1998, using the metric that premierships > Runner up> minor premierships, the Roosters have been the third most successful team: 2 premierships, 4 runner up years and 4 minor premierships.

We have been 5th with 1 premiership, 3 runner up years and 1 minor premiership.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean as much as it pains me. They’ve been more successful than us in the modern age.
What's the "modern age?" Since breakfast? We've both won one comp in the last 15 years and they have only won 2 in the last 40 to our 6. Yes they have had a reasonable 5 years but don't forget they missed the semis only a couple of years ago and that was with a premiership side and a "wonder coach". All we had was des....

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Modern era is considered start of NRL onwards.
So since 1998, using the metric that premierships > Runner up> minor premierships, the Roosters have been the third most successful team: 2 premierships, 4 runner up years and 4 minor premierships.

We have been 5th with 1 premiership, 3 runner up years and 1 minor premiership.
Yeah but no one remembers second place lol

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the "modern age?" Since breakfast?
I literally defined the modern age as the NRL age. So 1998 onwards.

Nobody remembers second. Sadly they’ve got an extra 1st on us. I want the club to remedy that ASAP cause fuck those guys.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I literally defined the modern age as the NRL age. So 1998 onwards.

Nobody remembers second. Sadly they’ve got an extra 1st on us. I want the club to remedy that ASAP cause fuck those guys.
Unfortunately the system does posts sequentially and then puts any comment at the end so you can't see what's written in between. I saw you response after asking the question....The thing is most people with any sort of age on them would determine the modern age to be post-unlimited tackle or at a stretch when the 6 tackle rule came in. You are just talking about the post-super league period. Ask a 20 year old and the will say after 2010, so just arbitrarily determining a period has little value. So on the basis of what the great majority of people who have been following the game for an extended period would consider to be modern, we beat them hands down.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that’s not how it works. Modern era is a term used in the media and has been used by the NRL themselves to define the time after the super league War. I have never heard anyone say that the 80’s are a part of the modern era because most people are likely to parrot the NRL and media.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah that’s not how it works. Modern era is a term used in the media and has been used by the NRL themselves to define the time after the super league War. I have never heard anyone say that the 80’s are a part of the modern era because most people are likely to parrot the NRL and media.
Let's be honest - no-one walks around talking about "the modern era" at all, but to arbitrarily determine it to suit an argument is ordinary. I'm sure that many on here would make the comment that given we had 4 minor premierships and lost 4 GFs would equate with us being chokers. In 2012,2014 & 2016 we finished ahead of them so in the last 5 years we were superior. Easy to play with numbers....

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Be happy with mediocrity. I want more “NRL” premierships than the Roosters. Enjoy rewatching the 80’s grand final tapes and justifying the clubs lack of success in the past 20 years.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Be happy with mediocrity. I want more “NRL” premierships than the Roosters. Enjoy rewatching the 80’s grand final tapes and justifying the clubs lack of success in the past 20 years.
1980 & 2004 GFs are the most enjoyable
Seeing the ‘Favourites’ getting beat on both occasions

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know how you arrive at that conclusion. I wouldn't even consider anything the rorters did as being worthy of being on this site but you were the one who brought it up in the first place. Perhaps you would rather be on the chookpen......me, I'm working out what to pack for Perth. It's going to be hot.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think it shows that at all. I suppose our disagreement shows that people see what they want to see... lol.
p

People see what they want to see mate dependant on what they want to believe, I consider myself impartial I hate some of the things dib has on the other hand he was considered one of the best operators in the game and got some great things done...

Teddy is a cat of a person signed with Canberra on a MASSIVE deal at the time only to reneg in the final hour to resign with tigers.. But only because tigers bettered the original offer not for all the other crap he banged on with... would change his name to gronk for the right amount of cash.

Teddy had no intention of responding to dib comments it was a roosters directive for him to do so to save face..

Status
Not open for further replies.