Did anyone catch Brian Smith's post match comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I hated most about today was that the Roosters should never have got that close. We were 20 metres out and a Roosters player knocked the ball down blatantly and the ref gave the feed to them saying we passed the ball forward when it was not. At that time the score was 24 to 14 and we were looking to seal the game with another try.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so glad that I'm not alone in thinking that the Roosters only got close to us with luck and crap calls. It should have been a much more comfortable win but winning under those circumstances just makes it that much sweeter, specially against the Roostards.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
seeing how he's one of the most vocal critics of refs when some calls don't go his way, i was interested to see if he was going to mention how his side got lucky from some astounding calls. i knew i was wasting my time of course :p

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
So it wasn't just me and my extreme bias when it comes to the refs, the thing about the first two weeks where we had the same two refs was you didn't notice them! the pair yesterday where unbelievable, throw in the video idiot and it was 3 blind mice. I cannot beleive the bull**** that they served up, but because we won it will all get swept under the table those guys are not NRL standard! Cross your fingers we don't get those cocks next week.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at the papers today its all 'Unlucky Roosters' and 'Interchange blunder costs Roosters'. No 'Great win by Bulldogs' headlines. Nothing mentioning the abysmal refereeing that even the Fox commentators couldn't believe.

It just goes to show that some things in League never change, like the Roosters getting a free ride.

That is why I was barracking so hard for St George in the GF last year.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
First try off the back of 3 penalties is a wonderful stat, Brian.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How did they beat us in every part of the stats? Weirdo
yeh except the that kinda minor stat......THE FKN SCOREBOARD................hahahahahahahaha....Suck it Smith

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
look at the papers today its all 'unlucky roosters' and 'interchange blunder costs roosters'. No 'great win by bulldogs' headlines. Nothing mentioning the abysmal refereeing that even the fox commentators couldn't believe.

It just goes to show that some things in league never change, like the roosters getting a free ride.

that is why i was barracking so hard for st george in the gf last year

gtfo.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah they sure did beat us in all statistical categories...

Is tries off bullsh!t ricochets an official stat? They're certainties to lead the comp in that one.

None of their tries had any semblance of quality imo, whereas all of our tries were manufactured from talent.

When the finals come around I'd rather be relying on talent creating tries than bs ricochets and lame hot potato touch footy garbage to be honest.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.

Smith is an absolute jibberer. We absolutely outclassed them in every aspect.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
yeh except the that kinda minor stat......THE FKN SCOREBOARD................hahahahahahahaha....Suck it Smith
Good call mate. Would Smith rather win the stats and lose the game or the other way around.

The answer is easy isn't it?

Who gives a f*ck about the stats - winning is what matters.

Smith is a stupid tool.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think someone put crack in Smith's Late. I'm not sure which stats he was referring to, but overall the game was very very close.

They had more football, 37 sets to our 36, but completed at 70% compared with our 78%.

In general play they averaged 8.27m/run, we averaged 8.14.

We made 307 tackles to their 268. We missed more, with 34 - 21, but they had more infective tackles with 12 - 9.

We had one extra line break 4 - 3, Two extra Try assists 4 - 2, and more kick meters with 518m from 18 kicks where they made 462m from 19 kicks.

What the **** was he talking about? I think Gus Gould was sucking so hard during his post match gobby that there was no blood going to his brain.

There is however one stat where they clearly trump us. Their position on the ladder, 11th, has DOUBLE the amount of 1's in it than ours.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Check out Smiths trophy cabinet. Such a long coaching career and all he has in his cabinet is a wooden spoon....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.