News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think what u want ....but I don’t post all say anything to I am 110% rite ...
Well i hope youre right but the reason people are skeptical is because you go quiet when asked your source so without nameing the person whats your source?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitchell Done deal he would b with the dogs 2021 ...it’s 110%
I call bullshit.....how can it be a done deal when it's all hands off until Nov 1....what type of fools do u think we

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate it’s 110% true as long he doesn’t do a

110% true only if he doesn’t do api ..in the dogs
It is exactly previous “signings” that have fallen through that have TK so skeptical...Fafita, Teddy, Api that I can think of just now

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I call bullshit.....how can it be a done deal when it's all hands off until Nov 1....what type of fools do u think we
We can't speak to anyone until November, I'm not sure about third parties. If they know someone in the club (unlikely) it might be more they've heard we're going to go all in for him. So would be comfortable with 900k-1m but they'll push it to 1.1m.

I think a lot of people saying they have inside info (especially on new accounts) is a bit bullshit. The track record since I've been on these forums is pretty bad too.

From the outside and my eyes I think Latrell is a key signing even on that money. It's just a wait and see tho.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of talk/negotiating still happens before Nov 1 they just cant lodge the Contract until then.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted an article from the Telegraph on TK yesterday in which they said any club can talk to any player "before" Nov 1 - they just can't register a new contract until Nov 1.

There was that recent article saying we're chasing the Turbo bros and Fifita. Another article recently that the Dogs had gone cold on Mitchell because his price was too high. The thing is we can only afford 3 at a stretch of these 4 players so I wonder who the club would prioritise. I think they should put in offers to all 4 and the first who make a decision and sign get the contracts. I reckon the Turbos will obviously hold off no matter how big the offer until they are tabled an offer from Manly. If I were the club and Mitchell was willing to sign or Fifita I wouldn't be making them wait until we hear back from the Turbos. I'd prefer Fifita over Jake Turbo anyway as we need someone like him more who can create points. If we can sign Mitchell and Fifita then pitch to Tommy Turbo only for 1.3 or 1.4M. If he won't accept see if Ramien or Leilua at worst are still available and play Mitchell at fullback so we'll still need another centre in place of Holland.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You blokes are dreaming that the Turbo bros. will come to Belmore.

Absolutely 0 fucken chance

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
having extended Manu I think the roosters are happy to see where things land with Mitchell. If he wants the big dollars and someone is prepared to pay I think they part company. Im sure they are in with some sort of offer, just not the stupid money being talked about for him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like Mitchell is thing... hopefully the deal is not as crazy as earlier reported and be steps up and does some of the hard yards. He isn't going to have it as easy as he does at the Roosters where he can do all the flashy shit and just sit back while all the others do the hard work...then again I'm sure DWZ and Hoppa would love to combine for 50 runs per game between the two of them lol.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Mitchell is thing... hopefully the deal is not as crazy as earlier reported and be steps up and does some of the hard yards. He isn't going to have it as easy as he does at the Roosters where he can do all the flashy shit and just sit back while all the others do the hard work...then again I'm sure DWZ and Hoppa would love to combine for 50 runs per game between the two of them lol.
I hope we get him at a good enough price and he makes a huge difference for our team

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People mention DWZ as a winger. He will not play wing. He came here mainly so he can play fullback.
If Hoppa is still here, put him on the wing.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You blokes are dreaming that the Turbo bros. will come to Belmore.

Absolutely 0 fucken chance
I dunno. An extra 500K a season between the 2 of them (maybe more if Manly can't come up with 2M) might do the trick. Also maybe Manly won't be able to field competitive offers for both whereas at the Dogs they would be able to earn decent money and stay together. They're probably a little more loyal to each other than Manly and would anyone want to work in any job for 250K a year less than they could get elsewhere.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the answers above

I don’t normally post everything I hear, but this was from a source who is normally spot on. Now just wait for the Journos to read this page and claim it as a “scoop”

for the record, I don’t know if it’s a good thing to put a big part of you cap into these 2 when we really need a 9 and 7.

Foran injury free really is what I think we need. There are no play makers on the market

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Read the answers above

I don’t normally post everything I hear, but this was from a source who is normally spot on. Now just wait for the Journos to read this page and claim it as a “scoop”
If it comes off what a top notch backline we will have. Will put an end to the attacking woes you'd expect. Mitchell, Fox, DWZ, Smith, Hoppa & Okunbor/Meaney.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Doubt we're getting Addo-Carr while he's under contract. Vunivalu more likely - already been rumours linking him away from the Storm.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
48 hours to lock them down: The NRL stars free to talk to rivals from Nov 1

BRONCOS

Jack Bird (PO), Darius Boyd (PO), Herbie Farnworth, David Fifita, Thomas Flegler, Rhys Kennedy, Andrew McCullough (PO), Anthony Milford (PO), Sean O’Sullivan, Izaia Perese, Gehamat Shibasaki, Kotoni Staggs, Jake Turpin

RAIDERS

Luke Bateman, JJ Collins, Nick Cotric, Jarrod Croker, Siliva Havili, Joseph Leilua, Jack Murchie, Michael Oldfield, Aidan Sezer, Iosia Soliola, Jack Wighton (PO)

BULLDOGS

Jack Cogger, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Kerrod Holland, Will Hopoate, Josh Jackson, Lachlan Lewis, Marcelo Montoya, Chris Smith, Reimis Smith, Sauaso Sue, Renouf To’omaga, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

SHARKS

Jayson Bukuya, Jackson Ferris, Sione Katoa, William Kennedy, Josh Morris, Matt Prior, Cruz Topai-Aveai, Chad Townsend, Braydon Trindall

TITANS

Jai Arrow, Alexander Brimson, Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Keegan Hipgrave, Ryan James, Leilani Latu, Nathan Peats, Kevin Proctor, Tyrone Roberts, Phillip Sami, Sam Stone

SEA EAGLES

Brendan Elliot, Albert Hopoate, Sam Smith, Moses Suli, Martin Taupau, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Corey Waddell

STORM

Jesse Bromwich (PO), Kenneath Bromwich, Brodie Croft, Sandor Earl, Tom Eisenhuth, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Harry Grant, Nicho Hynes, Cooper Johns, Tui Kamikamica, Solomone Kata, Felise Kaufusi (PO), Max King, Isaac Lumelume, Justin Olam, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Marion Seve, Cameron Smith, Suliasi Vunivalu, Christian Welch (PO)

KNIGHTS

Mitch Barnett, Herman Ese’ese, Beau Fermor, James Gavet, Aidan Guerra, Josh King, Danny Levi, Mason Lino, Tautau Moga, Jesse Ramien, Daniel Saifiti, Jacob Saifiti, Pasami Saulo, Connor Watson

COWBOYS

John Asiata, Jake Clifford, Gavin Cooper, Reuben Cotter, Mitchell Dunn, Kyle Feldt, Jordan McLean (PO), Francis Molo, Tom Opacic, Emry Pere, Tukimihia Simpkins, Shane Wright

EELS

Dylan Brown, Nathan Brown (PO), Kane Evans, George Jennings, Oregon Kaufusi, Shaun Lane, Reed Mahoney, Marata Niukore, Jaeman Salmon, Will Smith, Ray Stone

PANTHERS

Caleb Aekins, Dylan Edwards, Kaide Ellis, Tyrone May, James Tamou, Brian To’o, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

RABBITOHS

Cory Denniss, Kurt Dillon, Bryson Goodwin, Alex Johnston, Liam Knight, Steven Marsters, Bayley Sironen, Cody Walker

DRAGONS

Euan Aitken, Jack de Belin, Tyson Frizell, James Graham, Jacob Host, Timoteo Lafai, Luciano Leilua, Zac Lomax, Jonus Pearson, Mikaele Ravalawa

ROOSTERS

Mitchell Aubusson, Nat Butcher, Jake Friend, Ryan Hall, Lachlan Lam, Latrell Mitchell, Brett Morris, Siosiua Taukeiaho, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

WARRIORS

Gerard Beale, Adam Blair (PO), Lachlan Burr, Jackson Frei, Blake Green, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Patrick Herbert, Peta Hiku, Adam Keighran, Sam Lisone, Taane Milne, Isaiah Papali’i, Hayze Perham, Leivaha Pulu, Nathaniel Roache

WESTS TIGERS

Oliver Clark, Matthew Eisenhuth, Luke Garner, Robert Jennings, Benji Marshall, Ben Matulino, Sam McIntyre, Chris McQueen, Paul Momirovski, Dylan Smith, Tommy Talau, Elijah Taylor, Alex Twal

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Most of the gold from that list.

Fifita - Second Row/Lock
Flegler - Prop
Staggs - Centre

Arrow - Prop/Lock

Turbo - Fullback
Jurbo - Lock/Prop

Fa'asuamaleaui - Prop
Grant - Hooker
Papenhuyzen - Fullback
Vunivalu - Winger

Ramien - Centre

Frizell - Second Row/Lock
Lomax - Centre

Butcher - Second Row/Lock/Prop
Latrell - Centre/Fullback
Taukeiaho - Prop

Twal - Prop

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does the club do with Foran? We clearly need a quality half. But market is limited. 1-2 year deal at 600K?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What does the club do with Foran? We clearly need a quality half. But market is limited. 1-2 year deal at 600K?
He needs to be able to get on the field for at least 20 games next year in order to earn another contract imo.

He currently averages just 12 games per season since joining us. If he continues in a similar vein then he’s not worth a new contract at any price.