Destiny Review (PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, gents. Found out you can upgrade the uncommon guns. I upgraded my shotgun, the dam thing is a cannon! Two shots, max, and they're dead. Especially those annoying wizard f*cks!

This game is pretty damn addictive!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, gents. Found out you can upgrade the uncommon guns. I upgraded my shotgun, the dam thing is a cannon! Two shots, max, and they're dead. Especially those annoying wizard f*cks!

This game is pretty damn addictive!
Shotguns are the best weapon for PvP. I keep getting owned by these annoying guys with shotguns, usually one shot one kill. The moment we play on a long range map they either quit out or get owned by me and my fusion rifle.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate the pulse rifles. I prefer the auto rifle and the fusion rifles. The pistols or "hand cannons" are pretty powerful but the reload times... damn!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate the pulse rifles. I prefer the auto rifle and the fusion rifles. The pistols or "hand cannons" are pretty powerful but the reload times... damn!
Yep, for the hand cannons you need one with at least 6 in the chamber.

Once you get high enough (if Bungie don't fix it by then) hit up the Loot Cave on earth. It's a cave that has a bit of an exploit to it. You stay a long distance back with a scout rifle and pick off the enemies as they come out of the cave. As long as you are far enough away the enemies will automatically respawn meaning you just keep picking them off. The trick is that if anyone gets close they won't respawn and if you don't kill them fast enough they'll run away and you have to spend time hunting them down. The best part is that you don't actually have to do it yourself. There's always 2-3 people there killing and if you are in close proximity to them you also get items dropping. When people run out of ammo everyone rushes up to the cave and collects all their loot then runs back and does it again.

I spent 30 minutes on 3 separate occasions there killing and got 4 legendary weapons and one legendary chest piece. Bungie haven't fixed it yet but they have placed in counter measures. Occasionally they'll throw a world event on top of you (literally on top of you, if you don't move when the sky goes dark you'll have a satellite fall on your head and kill you) and the world events are always challenging. We had four level 24+ players and were rushed by level 6-9 creatures in this world event and most of us died at least once.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Much to the dismay of Destiny players everywhere, the loot cave has been fixed by Bungie. They handled it pretty well too. Instead of saying "It's an exploit and it's now fixed" they made the following statement:

"The Hive of the holy 'Treasure Cave' have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack."

Bungie then made a comment saying:

"The social experience of a cave farming run is amazing: the herding to get a team of Guardians all behind the line and firing in the right direction, the rush to grab the loot, the scramble when the panic wave starts, the beckoning glow from inside the cave," Bungie said in a developer note. "The speed at which the community organized around this activity was inspiring and humbling to us.

"But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played. Our hope is that social engagement in public spaces is only one part of the Destiny experience."

Guess it's back to playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/25/6844833/destiny-loot-cave-shut-down-bungie

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Question: What the hell am I supposed to do with those helium tubes and spinmetal leaves?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Question: What the hell am I supposed to do with those helium tubes and spinmetal leaves?
Hold on to them and collect any materials you see lying around. They're pretty pointless right now but you need them to upgrade legendaries and you need a lot of them. Alternatively you can turn them in for reputation gains with factions/vendors but it's about 50 materials for a sub-par reputation gain.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bungie have announced some upcoming fixes which include:

Lowering the drop rate of engrams and items from repetition spawn (cave spawning)

Raising the drop rate of items and engrams for completing missions/strikes

Lowering the range damage of auto rifles and shotguns (right now they are over powered at medium/long range)

Raising the damage of scout rifles so they're a better long range option than auto-rifles

Lowering the difficulty in strikes so they're not so much of a grind (right now there's one strike that has 3 bosses and constant waves in one area. Each boss takes about 10 minutes of constant attacking to take down and each boss is fast and evasive)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I played one of the Borderlands games... I absolutely hated it. More than pretty much any other game I have ever played.

Will be steering clear of Destiny.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I played one of the Borderlands games... I absolutely hated it. More than pretty much any other game I have ever played.

Will be steering clear of Destiny.
Probably best. I loved Borderlands one but was bored with it by the time I was halfway through it. Took about 10 minutes to be bored of Borderlands 2.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah number two was the one I tried. I pretty much hated everything about it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bungie have announced some upcoming fixes which include:

Lowering the range damage of auto rifles and shotguns (right now they are over powered at medium/long range)
Nooooooooooo! My 2 favourite guns!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nooooooooooo! My 2 favourite guns!
I have a legendary scout rifle and a legendary pulse rifle and both are pretty useless compared to my blue assault rifle and hand cannon so I'm glad they're upgrading the scout rifle. Plus I always get owned in PvP by kids with shotguns.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blue is rare? Green is uncommon?

It's a shame not all guns/armour can be upgraded, TBH.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blue is rare? Green is uncommon?

It's a shame not all guns/armour can be upgraded, TBH.
Yep, and purple is legendary, gold is exotic.

Basically the higher the rarity the more you can upgrade it. After level 10 you don't see many white/common items and by 20 you'll only see green or better. Once you reach the soft level cap (level 2) a lot of the blue gear has light on it which ups your level so you start getting armour purely based on how much light it has.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, and purple is legendary, gold is exotic.

Basically the higher the rarity the more you can upgrade it. After level 10 you don't see many white/common items and by 20 you'll only see green or better. Once you reach the soft level cap (level 2) a lot of the blue gear has light on it which ups your level so you start getting armour purely based on how much light it has.
Sounds good. I'm on level 11 (Or 12?) and the guns are just getting better and better. So damn powerful.

When can we start getting better hoverbikes/sparrows?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'm on level 11 (Or 12?) and the guns are just getting better and better. So damn powerful.

When can we start getting better hoverbikes/sparrows?
Once you hit a certain level you get a better sparrow bike (or you can buy one from the person who gave you the ship thing in the tower). They're not much better than the early one. Goes slightly faster, takes more damage. Later you can by rare sparrows for PvP marks or vanguard marks, and apparently there are legendary and exotic sparrows.

You can also use strange coins (rare) and motes of light to buy Sparrow upgrades and stuff from the vendor that only appears on weekends.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want one that can shoot. But, TBH, I don't really use it. I tend to be on foot 99% of the time. I feel that if I use the sparrow, I will miss something.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want one that can shoot. But, TBH, I don't really use it. I tend to be on foot 99% of the time. I feel that if I use the sparrow, I will miss something.
No shooting ones in the standard singleplayer. There's certain areas in certain missions that give you that (some missions have pikes that are sparrows with guns/rockets, some missions have tank versions of the sparrow with rockets/grenades), plus some multiplayer matches have armed vehicles and gun turrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.