Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the buzz.
Phil Rothfield, The Sunday Telegraph

THE NRL has become an employment agency for out-of-work coaches. Michael Maguire got a job at Moore Park headquarters to help fix the refereeing ranks when he was axed by Souths.

We can now reveal former Canterbury coach Des Hasler was spotted at NRL HQ on Friday morning. It’s the first time Dessie has been back around football since he was marched out of Belmore by the former Bulldogs board.

We’re hearing Dessie will take on a roll with the football department working alongside Brian Canavan and Jason King. Given his experience in the game, this is a good move.

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just fucking brilliant that is... anyone who still thinks the NRL doesn’t have it in for the bulldogs needs to re-evaluate their position. Des can screw us over big time now... maybe it’s a good thing that dib and castle are gone, no payback... but then again, if des gets the chance to stick it to the dogs, I’m sure the slimy rag would do it...

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
According to mark gyers new bullshit segment flush or float rumour mill. Some one reckons des Haslers name is floating around Penrith to replace griffin. Imo it's a load of shit! But who knows.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to mark gyers new bullshit segment flush or float rumour mill. Some one reckons des Haslers name is floating around Penrith to replace griffin. Imo it's a load of shit! But who knows.
Why they let Cleary go is beyond me,
Hook ain't a coachs asshole

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he ends up in the video refs box we won't win another match lol

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why they let Cleary go is beyond me,
Hook ain't a coachs asshole
Yeah I don't know what happened there. Cleary seems like a no nonsense type of coach. Penrith went ok under him I think gould has been babying that squad since cleary. So now the squad thinks they can go straight over the head of coach and to mummy Phil. I don't rate hook at all I think he is the major problem but I also think Gould has some part in this that's just my opinion tho

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It not like Dessie needs the money

Reactions: DT

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at this from a club point of view, who else is available with same credentials as Hasler? Answer is no one! Coaches who’s team don’t start well thid season will be under the pressure, the likes of the Warriors, Dragons, Panthers and Manly, will look at Hasler seriously if it’s going down hill! And 4 into one doesn’t go! First in best dressed, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, early bird gets the worm!!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking at this from a club point of view, who else is available with same credentials as Hasler? Answer is no one! Coaches who’s team don’t start well thid season will be under the pressure, the likes of the Warriors, Dragons, Panthers and Manly, will look at Hasler seriously if it’s going down hill! And 4 into one doesn’t go! First in best dressed, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, early bird gets the worm!!!
Fuck I hope he goes back to manly that shit would be poetic justice

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he is there to make things better not worse. I cant see how he can however. Lets hope there is no axe to grind.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
As long as it's not in a role that makes decisions over clubs etc, as that would be a conflict of interest with the court case with the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.