Des's very strange press conference response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Refer the Pressie for Dogs Tigers game.

http://m.nrl.com/rd-4-press-conference-bulldogs/tabid/10959/contentid/733602/default.aspx

When asked about how the team is performing at present Des states that its the first 5 rounds and we are not playing well "and the boys know that". All fine. THEN, Des pulls himself up and says..."there are various reasons for it and I cant comment"

So my question is.....Is Des merely being his usual protective self of the squad as we go through a rebuilding phase having new players in key positions, or is he referring to another matter that hed like to tell us about but is either instructed not to talk about it, or merely that he chooses not to air dirty laundry or that there are other deep seated reasons for the way the team is playing. We are certainly playing a very controlled brand of footy, under instructions. We all note the ineptitude of our halves at times and are getting frustrated with the way we are playing although we are still winning.

Before anyone says Im a complainer because a wining side has nothing to complain about...simply watch the press conference yourself and decide.

For me, hes referring to a particular matter that is restricting the way we can play. Thoughts?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Refer the Pressie for Dogs Tigers game.

http://m.nrl.com/rd-4-press-conference-bulldogs/tabid/10959/contentid/733602/default.aspx

When asked about how the team is performing at present Des states that its the first 5 rounds and we are not playing well "and the boys know that". All fine. THEN, Des pulls himself up and says..."there are various reasons for it and I cant comment "

So my question is.....Is Des merely being his usual protective self of the squad as we go through a rebuilding phase having new players in key positions, or is he referring to another matter that hed like to tell us about but is either instructed not to talk about it, or merely that he chooses not to air dirty laundry or that there are other deep seated reasons for the way the team is playing. We are certainly playing a very controlled brand of footy, under instructions. We all note the ineptitude of our halves at times and are getting frustrated with the way we are playing although we are still winning.

Before anyone says Im a complainer because a wining side has nothing to complain about...simply watch the press conference yourself and decide.

For me, hes referring to a particular matter that is restricting the way we can play. Thoughts?
Kind of gives it away, no?

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it is because of refs, then that's a pretty weak excuse..

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He wants us to play below par, especially our halves so no one gets picked for origin. That way we can blitz other teams during that period and come home with a wet sail............. Maybe

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He wants us to play below par, especially our halves so no one gets picked for origin.
Mission accomplished! Everyone seems to have gotten that memo (even Hodko)!... although MOTM... Wtf?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Until the bugs are ironed out concentration will suffer, sabotage?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's implying that the refs are having an effect on how we play.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's implying that the refs are having an effect on how we play.
I don't think so, we were jipped a few times but it doesn't excuse the lack of concentration in defense.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is referring to the voldamorts.

Even if there is something going on behind closed doors its not Des style to come out and hint about it.

You can tell he wanted to let lose on the refs (in true Des style) but he can no longer do so. IMO i think its only a matter of time before a blatant error costs us a game and Des blows his top and costs the club another fine. Which is fine by me.

The refs last night were awful, bad calls both ways, we just made the most of the situation and carried on.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is referring to the voldamorts.

Even if there is something going on behind closed doors its not Des style to come out and hint about it.

You can tell he wanted to let lose on the refs (in true Des style) but he can no longer do so. IMO i think its only a matter of time before a blatant error costs us a game and Des blows his top and costs the club another fine. Which is fine by me.

The refs last night were awful, bad calls both ways, we just made the most of the situation and carried on.
Exactly this!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to have the ability to film an entire game from sideline to sideline and ask the referees why they don't ever police players being offside (Both sides BTW) with video evidence.

I'm okay with referees letting them go, but don't then penalise for offside whenever you wish... because to me then that is cheating and the referees are purposely going out of their way to give a penalty when they easily let the other 50 offsides go.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone watch Jason Taylor's press conference lmaoo. He kept using short turn around playing Souths and losing woods as the reason they ended up losing lol. I seriously can't believe some coaches just wow. He had one player out which our forwards would have smashed, we had our best strike weapon out in brett morris and lafai and you could also say we were missing our origin half. But hasler didn't moan about it.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% refs. You can tell Des wasn't happy that he couldn't unleash when he sighed.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it was in regards to refs at all.

Clearly he is referring to the fact that the team likes to have a punt on themselves and by playing poorly, they get a better return on their investments.........

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone watch Jason Taylor's press conference lmaoo. He kept using short turn around playing Souths and losing woods as the reason they ended up losing lol. I seriously can't believe some coaches just wow. He had one player out which our forwards would have smashed, we had our best strike weapon out in brett morris and lafai and you could also say we were missing our origin half. But hasler didn't moan about it.
ALso missing Dene Halatau and Pat Richards (would have kicked a field goal for sure).

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ALso missing Dene Halatau and Pat Richards (would have kicked a field goal for sure).
Nothing is for *sure* except the tigers forward pass try! That was for *sure* yes they were missing 3 players, we were missing 2! One of which pulled out 10mins before the start of the game which is more disruptive than knowing all week he wouldn't be there!
We were missing prolly our 2 best strike players, they were missing prolly there best forward n goal kicker!! End of the day we played crap and they blew a 18 lead with as many minutes to go!! 2 points to us end of story!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.