Opinion Desdemort Potentially Zero and 7

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Manly was the game to break their duck. Manly had lodge and even Woods playing. Going to be tough now. Knights in a few weeks could be their best chance.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fox said he was 0-13 before today's game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nup they won. Des is the best coach ever, they will extend him now

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon game has passed Des. I doubt he still has that pulling power where players would want to come and play under him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thank you to the once were Warriors for keeping Souffs at rock bottom. This is also why I don't gamble. I thought the once weres were certainties to win that game lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I reckon game has passed Des. I doubt he still has that pulling power where players would want to come and play under him.
The problem is that the rules of the game change, and Des simply cannot adapt, he uses the same tactics that would've worked 10 years ago. The rules change, the game's changed, but it's a case of same old tactics when it comes to Dessy. Other coaches can adapt, he can't - it's time for him to hang up the clipboard.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that the rules of the game change, and Des simply cannot adapt, he uses the same tactics that would've worked 10 years ago. The rules change, the game's changed, but it's a case of same old tactics when it comes to Dessy. Other coaches can adapt, he can't - it's time for him to hang up the clipboard.
He also cannot spot talent.
It has to already be there at the club. Im talking creative spine players. He is complete ass in spotting them.

Des' philosophy is that if you have high completions, you win games. - Thanks Einstein.

What he doesn't realise, is a team with slightly lower completions but higher IQ and creativity in the spine, has a higher chance to beat the opposition.

And that is his problem. While he DCE, Foran and Turbo doing their thing at Manly, and Stewart bros before them, he looked good. But the reason for success was mis attributed to Des rather than the skill of these players.

His inability to pick correct spine players at the Titans should see his coaching career there cut short -again

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He also cannot spot talent.
It has to already be there at the club. Im talking creative spine players. He is complete ass in spotting them.

Des' philosophy is that if you have high completions, you win games. - Thanks Einstein.

What he doesn't realise, is a team with slightly lower completions but higher IQ and creativity in the spine, has a higher chance to beat the opposition.

And that is his problem. While he DCE, Foran and Turbo doing their thing at Manly, and Stewart bros before them, he looked good. But the reason for success was mis attributed to Des rather than the skill of these players.

His inability to pick correct spine players at the Titans should see his coaching career there cut short -again
Yes - and this time it should be for good.

Also what you said about him not being able to spot spine players is on point. He walked into our team in 2012 with the team already picked for him, with great spine players like Reynold, Hokko, Ennis and Barba. Des systematically tore what was a great team that should've won the 2012 GF apart... and slowly down the ladder they fell from Minor Premiers to missing out on the top 8 completely, and just to rub insult into injury, complete mismanagement of the salary cap which gave us complete inability to sign any decent player for the immediate years that followed, and club legend Dean Pay held accountable.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the worst decision Des made was to not pursue the package deal of Tedesco-Moses.

Those two have gone on to become one of the best players in their positions and rep level. He appreciated Teddy but didnt want Moses. Idiot.

Had he invested in those two, they could have carried the team and saved his arse for the full tenure. May have even won a premiership.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieran Foran has been in really good form the past three weeks.. that's been one of the big difficulties for the Tits imo.. I still think they'll stay in the bottom 4 though

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reckon they won’t get the spoon shit defence but they have points in them.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont support the Des hate had our best years under him since the Folkes Era.. he made some bad recruitment calls at Manly letting ApiK leave and also AFBlake etc like the stuffuos with us with Damo Cook / Ennis and others..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nup they won. Des is the best coach ever, they will extend him now
Tbf, some are now saying this about Ciaraldo after we defeated competition heavyweights, the Newcastle Knights :grinning:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of des tactics have now become mainstream. We were the first to try the short kick offs and dying on the 5th to prevent the 7 tackle set

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of des tactics have now become mainstream. We were the first to try the short kick offs and dying on the 5th to prevent the 7 tackle set
I thought Tolman was dying on the 5th just to sabotage our chances of scoring....