Des-Troyed

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wayno sure showed his critics, he came with an aggressive war plan, Hasler came with, not sure, over by half time.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayno sure showed his critics, he came with an aggressive war plan, Hasler came with, not sure, over by half time.
South’s controlled the ball first 20 minutes and manly fucked all there chances and the game with errors

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
still need the Panthers to lose to the Storm.
Not for me. Panthers havent won since 2003, Storm won last year so fuck them. Also my most hated team any time is Storm

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only bc of Burton, Naden and TPJ, I will go for Pennies.

But then there's Fox.

I'm torn.

Then there's Storm, who are far more likely to beat Cody wanka Walker.

I'm torn and just looking forward to next year when we get a better chance to compete.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Despite wanting Penrith to beat storm, i dont think they can

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only bc of Burton, Naden and TPJ, I will go for Pennies.

But then there's Fox.

I'm torn.

Then there's Storm, who are far more likely to beat Cody wanka Walker.

I'm torn and just looking forward to next year when we get a better chance to compete.
as long as Souths get beaten

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d prefer the Storm over the other two.

Fuck Souths and I don’t want our recruits at Penrith winning a comp as it has the potential to reduce their hunger for winning a comp and they could get in a comfort zone with us.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Souths showed that solid defence, and keeping Turbo in the middle of the field is the way to beat Manly.

Throughout the year, the Dogs have shown competitive spirit, but were starved of possession - usually only seeing around 40% of the ball in their hands. Playing against sides like Manly, when they have 60%-70% possession, there is no way we can win.

Last night, it was Manly's turn to be starved of the ball, and they played no better than the Dogs in the same situation.

Maybe we'll see a much improved Bulldogs if we can get an even share of the ball - we saw a glimpse of that in our last game against the Tigers.
Takes a good smart coach like Bellamy or Bennett to figure out how to dominate possession at 60% consistently with the new rules. I’m afraid with baz we’ll need to be content with trying to grind out some wins with 40% possession and high completion rates. Don’t be surprised if the refs give us nothing again next year and cane us with 6 agains. But then again with Gus on board it might be different.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d prefer the Storm over the other two.

Fuck Souths and I don’t want our recruits at Penrith winning a comp as it has the potential to reduce their hunger for winning a comp and they could get in a comfort zone with us.
Conversely its also possible that winning a GF will make them hungry to repeat the experience, and they will gain experience around what it took to win the premiership, which cant be a bad thing. Sadly though i think it would be a huge upset if they beat Storm anyway. Probably wont happen.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Conversely its also possible that winning a GF will make them hungry to repeat the experience, and they will gain experience around what it took to win the premiership, which cant be a bad thing. Sadly though i think it would be a huge upset if they beat Storm anyway. Probably wont happen.
That’s possible but you just have to look at the lack of teams going back to back that’s it’s a lot more likely to go into a comfort zone rather than spur another win on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Takes a good smart coach like Bellamy or Bennett to figure out how to dominate possession at 60% consistently with the new rules. I’m afraid with baz we’ll need to be content with trying to grind out some wins with 40% possession and high completion rates. Don’t be surprised if the refs give us nothing again next year and cane us with 6 agains. But then again with Gus on board it might be different.
Don't count on it the way Gus bags the bunker for a start lol.

On the other hand he does get along with Vlad they say.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I see more an upside than a downside for the Bulldogs if Burton plays in this year's GF.

We already know he won't have an experienced half beside him so GF experience might help?

Who knows. Only care about any possible benefit to us Dogs :grinning:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds you of the barba game plan. Des has one game plan and if that doesn’t work he keeps trying
Exactly. Des can't seem to learn from mistakes. He just doesn't evolve. Can't change his gameplan even if it's falls completely in the lap of his opposition. He's no good at spotting talent himself either.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were soft as thought it was parra

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Souths showed that solid defence, and keeping Turbo in the middle of the field is the way to beat Manly.

Throughout the year, the Dogs have shown competitive spirit, but were starved of possession - usually only seeing around 40% of the ball in their hands. Playing against sides like Manly, when they have 60%-70% possession, there is no way we can win.

Last night, it was Manly's turn to be starved of the ball, and they played no better than the Dogs in the same situation.

Maybe we'll see a much improved Bulldogs if we can get an even share of the ball - we saw a glimpse of that in our last game against the Tigers.
yes the perfect example is when we were leading parra at halftime but the ref got involved and made it a one sided contest

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank god I hope he gets destroyed every day.