Des Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
No one has pointed out why Morris and Goodwin had a field day out on that right side! Matt Cooper did not play and they had their number 18 at centre. Morris carved him a new one in the first half. Pricey must have pointed it out and in the second half their winger kept coming in to help their centre which opened it up for goodwin!

Great stuff from Des!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You can see Des' polish on our play so early in his time here. Looks like we have the players but just needed the right coach.

We shut Merge down and dominated them for 80 minutes. The game plan was great. Thank God for the dry track too, see how much better our handling and overall game was on a dry track. Nice to know we can fumble and grind our way to victory if it does rain though.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Except Matt Cooper plays left centre usually, so he wouldn't have been on that side in defence if he did play.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one has pointed out why Morris and Goodwin had a field day out on that right side! Matt Cooper did not play and they had their number 18 at centre. Morris carved him a new one in the first half. Pricey must have pointed it out and in the second half their winger kept coming in to help their centre which opened it up for goodwin!

Great stuff from Des!
Had nothing to do with it. cooper plays on the other side. However beau Scott got hurt early on that side and im sure des saw that and told them to keep going to the well !!

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except Matt Cooper plays left centre usually, so he wouldn't have been on that side in defence if he did play.
Was happy when they were going through the team sheets and Cooper
wasn't there.... when picked for NSW he plays up the ****, but when
he plays against us he usually pulls something out of his arse ....

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
How much does a coach have an effect on the quality of performances displayed by a team? I think this is an important competitive advantage in a game that seeks to create an even competition through a salary cap system.

too early to tell for us, but I like the signs we are showing.

I re-watched the game this morning and I have not seen our outfit play with such enthusiasm and energy in such a long time. Outstanding to see this attitude.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much does a coach have an effect on the quality of performances displayed by a team? I think this is an important competitive advantage in a game that seeks to create an even competition through a salary cap system.

too early to tell for us, but I like the signs we are showing.

I re-watched the game this morning and I have not seen our outfit play with such enthusiasm and energy in such a long time. Outstanding to see this attitude.
Reminded me of a game last year, when we got hammered by the Sea Eagles
at ANZ...

On paper our team looked alright, but we were put to bed before half time...

The Sea Eagles were eating up metres in attack, and their defense was brutal,
we were even unable to hit the deck, they held us up and drove us back all
night...

On that night we were out coached and out enthused....

Dymock showed at the end of last year, we had the cattle to be competitive,
apart from the Manly game , round 1 in 09 , Kevvy could never get the team
up....

Status
Not open for further replies.