Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As a fan of Hasler i do believe he is a very good coach but it must be said that some of his decisions over the last 3-4 yrs has put our club in this bad situation which we are in at the moment.

If we look back to the talented players we've lost as a result of Hasler's decisions from Dale finucane to Martin Taupau, Ben Barba leaving& then replacing him with Morris, Michael Ennis also leaving & replacing an experienced hooker with an inexperienced kid in Michael Lichaa partialy explains why we are in this mess.

One of the biggest down falls he has is persisting with Reynolds, no doubt he makes effort but what good is effort if he cant deliver. Not only is he not fulfilling his key role but he is also holding back Moses Mybe because his not a halfback.

The game is getting quicker & we aren't keeping up with where the game is going.

You have guys like Graham, Tolman & Eastwood who are getting slower & cant keep up with the game.
Its quiet obvious that Des Hasler's loyalty lies with the players and not with the club which is why as a team we haven't progressed & aren't getting the results a club like ours deserve's. He is not making the tough calls which are required as a coach & has been ignorant when it comes to our spine. Its weak and its costing us...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Most coaches have a used by date at a club. This is Haslers 6th year, if they sign him for another 2 it will be a big mistake. Time for a fresh approach.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good opinion piece.

I'd probably add that we were stuck with this set up because Des doesnt want to change the gameplan. Yes we are linking up more, but it's kinda the same plan. Still very one up hit up stuff, still very "run around them" and not "through" them. He has loaded us up with forwards because he truly believed/was arrogant enough to believe he was going to change how the game was played.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most coaches have a used by date at a club. This is Haslers 6th year, if they sign him for another 2 it will be a big mistake. Time for a fresh approach.
He has to go right now, not in Round 8, not at the end of the year.

We need to recruit immediately and it aint going to happen if noone knows who the coach is. The new coach needs a say on who he wants and not come in without a say

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

We need to recruit immediately and it aint going to happen if noone knows who the coach is. The new coach needs a say on who he wants and not come in without a say
Agree. If a decision isn't made soon we can say goodbye to 2018 as well.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. If a decision isn't made soon we can say goodbye to 2018 as well.
2019, 2020.....all players off contract will be snapped up on a minimum of 2 year contract.

Players like Tedesco & Bird will be signed for a minimum of 4 years

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I think realistically we all knew going into this season that it was a right off

It's why I and many others refused to purchase memberships this season

How the club respond will determine if I get one next year
So far we are 1 and 3

Not looking good

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler has turned our team into a closed club. Nobody gets dropped regardless of how crap they play, and in return the players reciprocate this loyalty.

I wouldn't wait until rd 8 . Bite the bullet and get rid of him now and start planning for next season.

We have way too many Hasler loyal players who have become comfortable , complacent and underperforming in Haslers closed club.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think realistically we all knew going into this season that it was a right off

It's why I and many others refused to purchase memberships this season

How the club respond will determine if I get one next year
So far we are 1 and 3

Not looking good
We have gone downhill drastically like Souths. The only difference is Souths made the most of the opportunity they had with their squad.

They won a premiership

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't re-sign Pritchard who was our best edge runner and replace him with powder puff Eastwood.
Des is outdated on player recruiting and rotating the bench. Why wouldn't you start RFM instead of Eastwood?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I dislike the the guy. Have for a few years now. Not bulldogs like style. I wanted potter or pay. But Cleary has a habbit of building a foundation and i think we need a big change .

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dislike the the guy. Have for a few years now. Not bulldogs like style. I wanted potter or pay. But Cleary has a habbit of building a foundation and i think we need a big change .
We might be too late for Cleary, I think he is a good coach and ended up being a scape goat for Gould. Most of recent premiership coaches are relatively rookies, I would take a chance on Pay.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week hasler made the comments along the lines of, there was unwarranted criticisim of the team for rounds one and two performances. This week after the game he made a statement along the lines of the team was flat, the team was ambushed, Thursday can't come quick enough to turn their game around and that the player will be up for the next game! Now, everyone remember 2004, when we were pumped by the roosters in the early rounds? I'm sure most of us remember! And I'm not comparing team, trust me, I know, we are shit! But, I'm willing to give hasler the benefit of the doubt! Over to you hasler and team Bulldogs!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
When are the players going to take some accountability? Our halves today were inept with their kicking game, organisation and ball skills. They're officially the worst halves in the comp. Our fullback also was caught out of position twice which cost tries.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm so done even talking about it anymore. I just feel wasted about the position we are in. It all starts again with a fresh season but I can't help but think that we are now 1 win from our last 8 games, 2 from 10 if you want to add the trials...............that's piss poor in anyone's books, especially for a coach looking for another contract.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are the players going to take some accountability? Our halves today were inept with their kicking game, organisation and ball skills. They're officially the worst halves in the comp. Our fullback also was caught out of position twice which cost tries.
I understand what your saying but the halves are following a game plan! Everyone needs to be responsible! But I think they're no longer paying attention, we definitely need a change in the coaching and player departments! Not sure they will happen.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When are the players going to take some accountability? Our halves today were inept with their kicking game, organisation and ball skills. They're officially the worst halves in the comp.
They can't drop themselves.

Hasler is the problem . This is his game plan, his roster and his player selections every week.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last week hasler made the comments along the lines of, there was unwarranted criticisim of the team for rounds one and two performances. This week after the game he made a statement along the lines of the team was flat, the team was ambushed, Thursday can't come quick enough to turn their game around and that the player will be up for the next game! Now, everyone remember 2004, when we were pumped by the roosters in the early rounds? I'm sure most of us remember! And I'm not comparing team, trust me, I know, we are shit! But, I'm willing to give hasler the benefit of the doubt! Over to you hasler and team Bulldogs!
We have forgotten all about changing up our style in attack. Today we reverted to flat footed passing across the field. No players in motion. When we got near Manlys line any dummy runners are already in front of the dummy half when he picks the ball up, so are ignored. We have nobody that will take the ball to the line, poke his head through and offload the ball. As big as Klemmer is, why the fark cant he hold the ball out in front of his body and slip a pass around the back of the defender. Instead Klemmer gets dominated one on one and never looks to slip a pass. As nobody is slipping passes, nobody is pushing up. Abby doesnt follow anybody up. The wingers dont follow anyone up in the middle, instead we take it up 1 out...all day long.

SACK THE COACH NOW. FOR $1M A SEASON MOST OF US ON THIS FORUM WOULD DO A BETTER JOB THAN THIS PRETENDER OF A COACH.

Status
Not open for further replies.