Des Hasler revolutionising the game...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When I saw big Kas receive the ball on the sweeping play to the left for him to throw a beautiful cut out pass for brown to score, I couldn't help but smile. Hasler's great footy mind at its best again.

First it it was our tip on play in 2012 and now we have a play where our biggest prop replaces a fullback in the attacking 20! And let's say he decided to run instead of pass? I'd definitely back him to bulldoze over any centre/half defensive combo.

It's just great, in my opinion, to see variation like this as it is not only effective but bloody entertaining.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We have props who are better ball players than half our backs. It must be a nightmare for oppositions to defend

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No hodko and no Reynolds for origin? No worries. Enter graham and kas into the 6 and 7 respectively lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have you ever seen 3 outside defenders look more alarmed? Even the winger was practically sprinting to be over next to his mate in defense "don't make me tackle that on my own!"

Brown didn't actually have much space on the flank, but no one got near him, Dogzilla attracted the defense like a magnet.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler is an innovator in the game, that is why so many clubs would love to have him. It's why he is so highly regarded compared to coaches like Ricky Stuart who've got nothing

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
What a pass and what a finish , btw the pass from Hodko to Kas was a beauty also , well done boys

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des Hasler is THE ULTIMATE TACTICIAN, He is the Jose Mourinho of the Rugby league world. Im so glad he's our coach. He really does think outside the box.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keep em guessing.going under the radar..Des would make a killing at poker.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I had to laugh today watching the game.

I'm like "Hey dad how many centres do we have at the moment".

Graham tore through to score as a centre, Eastwood scored in centres position, Kas tore it up playing a centres line.

Another thing we mentioned is how previously you had to have big props. Then the game shifted to mobile props, and teams like Manly and Melb dominated.

Bulldogs have both BIG and mobile props, and are one of (if not the only) team in the NRL with such a pack. Makes it near impossible to defend against.

=======

Hasler isn't just building this team for a year at the top, he's building it for a legacy of many successful years at the top.

With Bellamy retiring soon, and supercoach Wayne Bennett unable to adapt to the modern game, it leaves only one coach well above the other 2... Hasler.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des hasler is a deadset genius! The best coach in the game at the moment hands down.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No hodko and no Reynolds for origin? No worries. Enter graham and kas into the 6 and 7 respectively lol
I disagree............... Graham is halfback and Kasiano is 5/8th lol

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Our pack is now a once in about 3 generations pack. As people have said, Des and the Dogs HQ have assembled players that have all the attributes that have dominated in the last 30 years and put it into one pack. Fierce and size like the 80's, ball players like the 90's, mobile like the 00's. Then we added a new combination adding it all together and adding the halfback feature where most of our forwards could play in the halves with their skills. We are witnessing something never seen before and we are the ones who are writing the history on it. Its so good to be not just making up the numbers but pushing the boundaries!

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you could see the players loved it as they had practiced the play and it came off. it was brillant. maybe they will try graham on the other side now.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can see his theory of james and aiden start with no mistakes then the power of kas/brown and klemmer come on and power us massive metres up the middle ,even finnucane plays like another prop

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You can see his theory of james and aiden start with no mistakes then the power of kas/brown and klemmer come on and power us massive metres up the middle ,even finnucane plays like another prop
Finucane and Jackson play the fit mobile roles that can cover and do heaps of tackling aka Stagg or your usual lock.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finucane and Jackson play the fit mobile roles that can cover and do heaps of tackling aka Stagg or your usual lock.
Yep true ,its a power and skilled pack and all super fit

Status
Not open for further replies.