Des Hasler returns to Manly

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact is, regardless of what happened with us, he is a premiership winning coach... You would not want any of those other blokes who have failed everywhere they have been

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for Manly Fans :D

The problem is that Dessies coaching style is old school. Nobody coaches like that (and has success) these days.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seems an odd fit. He spent millions on facilities at Belmore for no result. Manly apparently have poor facilities. Thats why Barrett left.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On one hand if manly sign Hassler it will mean that they can't find any else.
On the other hand it will mean that Hassler is trying to prove himself as a coach again. after all he came to our club with great credentials and left with a reputation worse than any coach I've ever known.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone else has rejected the place looks like Des really wants to coach again bad.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for Manly Fans :D

The problem is that Dessies coaching style is old school. Nobody coaches like that (and has success) these days.
I'm sure he can evolve.. and he won't have a spine featuring Reynolds, Mbye and Lichaa :sweatsmile:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why? Up to any club to hire him if they want to. What has that got to do with the NRL? Are you asking for a life ban?
Almost ran two clubs into the ground. Im not asking for anything. Just thinking out loud. It's just the pills man!

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Desler should be plotting his way out of prison for what he did at the Dogs instead of coaching again!
How could Manly even go there...? Hilarious!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure he can evolve.. and he won't have a spine featuring Reynolds, Mbye and Lichaa :sweatsmile:
Correct, he will evolve...........
We had the worst spine in the comp from 2014 onwards.... (hasler believed in his players and our spine and his signings, but in reality they were shit and he made no changes because he is a stubborn pr!ck and probably wanted to prove everyone outside our club wrong) its a miracle we made the top 8 in some of those years...
With decent players we all saw what his Manly team could do to opposition teams in attack and defence...
I am sure he will have success at Manly again.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems an odd fit. He spent millions on facilities at Belmore for no result. Manly apparently have poor facilities. Thats why Barrett left.
Hasler only came to our club for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and the control he was given over everything.
First you get the money, then the power, then Aunty....

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go there and take all your dud signings with ya at least if he goes there Foran might ask for release so he can be with hasler

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
FFS people on this forum carry on like they are as pure as virgin snow.
What never fucked up?
What a plan never went astray?
I guess it is human nature that when you leave a job the knives come out but for fuck sake.
Yes Des didn’t deliver a premiership and ultimately player retention and salary cap ran offthe rails but here are facts:-
1 minor premiership.
2 Grand Finals.
5 Final series in a row.
I hope he gets the job at Manly.
Because I've asked and needed a second, third & forth chance in my life.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
FFS people on this forum carry on like they are as pure as virgin snow.
What never fucked up?
What a plan never went astray?
I guess it is human nature that when you leave a job the knives come out but for fuck sake.
Yes Des didn’t deliver a premiership and ultimately player retention and salary cap ran of the rails but here are facts:-
1 minor premiership.
2 Grand Finals.
5 Final series in a row.
I hope he gets the job at Manly.
Because I've asked and needed a second, third & forth chance in my life.
One more fact brother, he has fucked our cap for years...

Could be also blamed on the wannabe Politis.