Des Hasler hones in on Canterbury Bulldogs' inconsistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone remembers the claim by Des, that if the team completes @ 80% or more we win , girdler on Triple M just said weve been completing at 80% or more and still losing games...

Last edited:

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not that impressive considering teams spend most of the game in our redzone. What else are we going to do if we're not constantly defending? How bout they show the stats of how many meters every team makes per set against us. That'd bring the truth to light about our defence.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone remembers the claim by Des, that if the team completes @ 80% or more we win , girdler on Triple M just said weve been completing at 80% or more and still losing games...
85% against the warriors, 70% against the raiders and 79% against the eels.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothings fucking changed. Same shit from Des. Reason we are so inconsistent is because of your shithouse structure. Fuck off already.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
same shit since 2013, no matter who we buy it wont change until the coach goes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
same shit since 2013, no matter who we buy it wont change until the coach goes.
How many times do we need to see a forward pass to a fucking forward? Let the fucking halves do there job, and if they can't then you fucking recruit some that can. I wanted to throw my fucking head through my tv tonight

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I just want to be able to jump on the kennel one day and say we are a good team. Fml

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woahhhhh you must've really honed in on it dessie letting the other team catch up so we go golden point to win under the radar. Masterclass

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
And what has changed exactly? I'm still watching the same shit.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The post game was funny, even they talked about how we have been consistently disappointing.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's not true. Girdlers pulling stats out of his ass.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I think Reynolds can control the team? No.

Can mbye? No.

I think des needs to bite the bullet, spend big on a proper half, ditch Reynolds or mbye, and change the structure. Do you think des would've pinned Foran on the edges? Nup.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Can mbye? No.

I think des needs to bite the bullet, spend big on a proper half, ditch Reynolds or mbye, and change the structure. Do you think des would've pinned Foran on the edges? Nup.
I absolutely agree, if our halves have the quality Des would let them take more control. Look at his Manly days, when he has quality halves to work with such as Foran, Orford and DCE the style of play changed accordingly.

Last edited:

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I absolutely agree, if our halves have the quality Des would let them take more control. Look at his Manly days, when he has quality halves to work with such as Foran, Orford and DCE the style of play changed accordingly.
This will ultimately cost des his job, his loyalty to Our weak halves and his belief that his strictures can overcome our lack of creative controlling halves...He won't throw the cheque book at one cause it compromises our depth and cleal hasn't been able to poach one. The thing that shites me is that seizar would of gladly came back but we didn't make an offer..des always had a dominating halve during his successful years at manly..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Can mbye? No.

Doesn't matter. A half running the ball will always be more effective than slow overpaid forwards. Grahams ball playing is so overrated, wish he never fucking came as we would have never adopted this terrible style of footy.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In fairness that was our worst defensive effort of the year I would say our best was against parra even though we lost we just couldn't score and balance the game out. If we did like that perrett try it would of be a completely different game parra where throwing everything at us and that try to Jennings off that freak semi pass was how they broke us. The One thing that has improved immensely this year is the boys fitness which has everything to do with Donny singe this has improved our defence a lot not gameplan. On the other hand like Marley said this may be why teams are literally rolling over the top of our forwards

On a more interesting note do you know where our strength and conditing coach ended up this year..... South Sydney
I kept having a bitch fits about the strength and conditioning coach last year and thankfully he is gone.
If you stuff S&C you might as not turn up. Just don't know how much better this new guy is better.

Seems alright because we were still able to compete against warriors after 5 game turn around. Tigers could not against raiders neither could souths in any 5 game turn arounds. Both have shit strength and conditioning coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.