Des has thrown the biggest Dummy Rugby League has ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Reynolds will buckle like usual.
Yeah the same Reynolds that was suspect under pressure, underperformed and was reportedly on the outer at Redfern midway this season.

Grand final pressure is like SOO conditions
Our halves have experienced it, theirs havent. That goes for our rep. forward Kiwi bros and Morris as well
We have more big occassion players than them
It could be too much too soon for Keary.
Easts forwards on paper were tarzans but played like jane. Got belted.
I would have to say their backs excluding our halves have a lot of attacking firepower, but they are going nowhere if we can get them on the backfoot.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
sorry dude , a little far fetched.... i saw Des after the game and his reaction didnt look like a finals game plan
Even if it wasnt planned it worked out for us. Storm were not expecting our form. Smashed them at home

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
not negatives mate , just my opinion... alli read on this is how great we are... great is a powerful word and i dont see it ( sorry ) any team that makes a GF is a an achievement , however i just think we have been a little lucky..

storm - smith was on one leg , they made crucial mistakes at the ruck & scrum base in crucial field position and we scored , lets not forget the intercept that made it 18-0 ( who from ??? Ben roberts , why do u think we got rid of him )

manly - DEPLETED & mentally 4 starting forwards out. we scored 2 tries from mistakes ( kicking out on the full DCE how often does that happen ) and we got a lucky bounce from the ref that won us the game... we were gone in that 2nd half.

penrith - our backs couldnt penetrate but relied on our forwards to score all 3 tries , also coming from penrith mistakes on the first tackle 10m from their line.Indris bombed a try at 12-6 , then helped us with that stupid pass whuch led to our 3rd try.... we also got tired.

yes we were good enough to capitalize on those mistakes , but will souths make those mistakes ?? yes we are a good team but i think luck has u
helped us as well... will our luck last one more game ??
the positive thing we have is that Souths may crumble, this is huge...

most here were predicting smashing Manly , i commented saying it will a very close game , 1 point in extra time doesnt get any closer..
Storm scored one try against us from a kick we completely dominated them. Manly game I'm still scratching my head why we didn't go up 22 nil Reynolds should have been a try every day of week..they relied on two dummy half try's and Ennis mistake. Penrith how Perrett got held up amazing that makes it 24 to 12 no hooker complete second half..try's are very hard during big matches give the boys some credit there doing a great job

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will be a real dirty game between the packs. No one will care if they sit out a few games next year!

I also hope our boys are still burning from 2012.

Souths need to loose 1 to win 1. This year is our year. 1974, 1984, 1994, 2004 & 2014 says it all!

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
The only way Souths can win this game is by bombing Brown and Thompson. This is the only thing I'm worried about. Should be a grinding nail biter with not much ball going out wide. If we can stick our noses in front with 20 to go it should be a great Christmas. Good luck men. Do us proud and no brain explosions. Especially from Mitch Brown.

Malla

Reaction score
It's a shame Ennis will probably have to sledge Adam Reynolds from the sideline because he was very suspect to Ennis niggling him R25. Adam Reynolds is not the player people think he is and if the right amount of attention is applied he will not be able to keep his cool - especially given the weight of expectation on their young halves . Even if Souths try to play down the importance of their halves performance I see their 6 and 7 as vulnerable targets in both attack and defence
After watching Graham rattle Soward with his words I am fairly confident we have that covered haha. Watching the replay again of the Panthers game, it was after Graham got blindsided after throwing a pass then Soward came in talking shit and Graham just got up and did not stop from there lol 'WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW SON' hahahaha i love him!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait are you saying we let them beat us? Scoring points from kicks to wingers is good isnt it?

I dont care how a team scores their tries, scoring tries and getting the win is all that matters.

I wouldnt give a F if thats the only way we could score and were putting 30+ points on the board and getting the win.
isnt it the same way we score most of our tries ???

eastwood scored a try from a kick the other day ( storm )
we beat newcastle with tolman scoring from a kick

how do we score ??? there is no magic or creativity...

we scored 3 tries against panthers through our forwards... backs are suppose to score more of the tries..

if it wasnt for our forwards we have would have nothing..

manly almost beat us and they had 4 starting forwards missing..

If ennis doesnt play , HUGE loss ... remember 2 years ago when we were on fire , we rested ennis against canberra and they smashed us..

Reynolds is shite , still dont know how his an origin player , runs sideways and never backs up ( 5/8 brett kenny & terry lamb ).. how is he going to play hooker... IF FORAN COMES OVER , REYNOLDS WILL BE GONE
What I am trying to say is that we earn our tries, we don't have the referees piggy backing us up field every few sets and in regards to them beating us all their tries came of our mistakes or iffy penalties they received they didn't earn any of them they were given them it.

They were struggling to break our line and this was evident in Saturday's game, the Panthers only scored from an odd penalty and a kick we didn't contest well enough while we earned our way up field and executed perfectly.

To me if we limit our penalties and ball handling errors Souths main 3 or 2 men will be under too much pressure and fold, fire up lads!

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
our defence is back to early season form. the blue and white wall will not be penetrated on sunday

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking during origin and post origin we've only been at 60% and left quite a few set moves in the locker for a rainy day?

Everyone thinks we are shit!
Everyone thinks we don't stand a chance!

i think we are going to see an ambush of epic proportions. Souths are going to be on the receiving end of a battering ram.
Nope. We played shit in parts thats why.

We would have wanted top 4 definitely.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
No one knows finals footy in the modern era like Des.

I feel quietly confident that we got dis.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
If we win.. hasler has managed to produce the greatest "under the radar" season in the history of the god damn nrl..

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
If we win.. hasler has managed to produce the greatest "under the radar" season in the history of the god damn nrl..
He is the Joker in our deck , has an outstanding record - he is the steel in our foundations . If he can get every available player to play to their absolute potential we are a chance .

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key to stopping the bomb threat (and with the way the bomb is kicked these days its very hard to catch) is to pin the attacking side no closer than the 40 metre line. In other words the defence must move up and deny the play moving too far into your own half by the 5th tackle. The dogs were guilty of this in the second half of the season allowing the play to roll down the field too easily until by the 5th tackle the attack was close enough to the line to make the bomb a lottery. Bombing from 40 metres gives the fullback time to catch. True it is that Perret dropped one last week and true it is that the referees piggy back the attack up field. Can't do too much if either of those things happen but solid defence to maintain field position will be the key to grand final.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing that can stop us is the refs.

I hate to say it but they will probably have the crowd, and if the refs walk them out of their own end all game we'll get rolled. If they let us play we're a massive chance.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
after the way graham bashed burgess last time they played he may not even run out. Luke and burgess could both be missing :P

Status
Not open for further replies.