Des has thrown the biggest Dummy Rugby League has ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks souths aren't that good. No idea why people think we will get smashed
nah, you are not alone.

I would ve been more scared off roosters tbh. when rabbits are hot they are like plazma but when they are cold they are dead...you see both phases in every single game. Roosters would ve been a tougher opposition for dogs.

we can do this.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
This reminds me of 2006 to be honest when everyone expected Storm to simply fly to sydney to pick up the trophy

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think any team goes out there not to win or play its best footy. Every team strives for the top 4. I do think souths are beatable esp if the grub luke gets susp which he should. I predict dogs by 2pts in an epic and brutal gf.
hope pritchard and rex can handel teo and jammer and beast handle burgess boys

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you look at Souths "Awesome" forward pack, they really arnt that good. Players like Turner, Clark and Tyrell, wouldnt make FG in many other sides. If the Dogs play a controlled game, with short passes, they will win

Malla

Reaction score
Souths are a confidence team. We have to target their young guys - Turner will get belted, Avau (spelling) will get belted, Walker will get belted and Keary will get rattled. We should target those guys and keep our forwards running straight up through them.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Exactly this bro, they only score points from kicks to their wingers, from mistakes penalties that piggy back them or just waiting on Inglis/Walker to run. They only beat us a few weeks ago because we let them they couldn't even crack our line by them selves.
Not to mention half those "mistakes" are actually a two on one strip and not the knock on the ref says it is.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths are a confidence team. We have to target their young guys - Turner will get belted, Avau (spelling) will get belted, Walker will get belted and Keary will get rattled. We should target those guys and keep our forwards running straight up through them.
It's a shame Ennis will probably have to sledge Adam Reynolds from the sideline because he was very suspect to Ennis niggling him R25. Adam Reynolds is not the player people think he is and if the right amount of attention is applied he will not be able to keep his cool - especially given the weight of expectation on their young halves . Even if Souths try to play down the importance of their halves performance I see their 6 and 7 as vulnerable targets in both attack and defence

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
We just need to ensure we prevent Souths from getting a roll on. They are going to kill us with their cross field bombs/kicks - I can just sense it. We can't make the same amount of mistakes against Souths as we did against Panthers either.

Des will turn it into a war of attrition. That's our game and we are comfortable with that.
All the pressure will be on Souths on Sunday which will help us out a fair bit. I'm confident we will be on point and bring home the premiership.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The performances that this team has showed over the past month really has me believing Hasler was supremely unconcerned with losing all those games in the regular season. We've been completing at above 80% of sets all through the final and we've showed more attack in this final series than we have the entire regular season. We always knew our defence was there for the big games, but its our attack that has astonished me recently.

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
Exactly this bro, they only score points from kicks to their wingers, from mistakes penalties that piggy back them or just waiting on Inglis/Walker to run. They only beat us a few weeks ago because we let them they couldn't even crack our line by them selves.
isnt it the same way we score most of our tries ???

eastwood scored a try from a kick the other day ( storm )
we beat newcastle with tolman scoring from a kick

how do we score ??? there is no magic or creativity...

we scored 3 tries against panthers through our forwards... backs are suppose to score more of the tries..

if it wasnt for our forwards we have would have nothing..

manly almost beat us and they had 4 starting forwards missing..

If ennis doesnt play , HUGE loss ... remember 2 years ago when we were on fire , we rested ennis against canberra and they smashed us..

Reynolds is shite , still dont know how his an origin player , runs sideways and never backs up ( 5/8 brett kenny & terry lamb ).. how is he going to play hooker... IF FORAN COMES OVER , REYNOLDS WILL BE GONE

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had them covered last time we played them...

I think we shot ourselves in the foot in that second half with stupid mistakes coming out of our half...

Graham smashed Burgess all night, and needs to do it again in the GF
I honestly think our pack is the only pack that can match theirs, and if we do, we can grind a win...

All the pressure and expectation is on them, and i hope they buckle under the pressure..

This whole week will take alot out of them, and we have been there before, and will be better prepared this time

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Dogs need to play a lot better on Sunday than they did against the Panthers. I can't see Souths having 18 tackles on the Dogs line without scoring like the Panthers had the other night. Great defence but the Panthers seemed almost clueless when they got into the Dogs 20 metre zone. Souths will ask a lot more questions in attack.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh I am loving the banter going on from certain old legends from Souffs. One of the biggest grubs to ever lace up a boot John Sattler has said that Nut grabber Burgess ( you know which one) is a far superior player to James Graham. Hope the Dogs put that little comment on constant loop and replay it ad nauseum to young Jimmy this week in the lead up to the GF.We'll see just how good squirrel boy is.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isnt it the same way we score most of our tries ???

eastwood scored a try from a kick the other day ( storm )
we beat newcastle with tolman scoring from a kick

how do we score ??? there is no magic or creativity...

we scored 3 tries against panthers through our forwards... backs are suppose to score more of the tries..

if it wasnt for our forwards we have would have nothing..

manly almost beat us and they had 4 starting forwards missing..

If ennis doesnt play , HUGE loss ... remember 2 years ago when we were on fire , we rested ennis against canberra and they smashed us..

Reynolds is shite , still dont know how his an origin player , runs sideways and never backs up ( 5/8 brett kenny & terry lamb ).. how is he going to play hooker... IF FORAN COMES OVER , REYNOLDS WILL BE GONE
Geez, Our supporters are hard markers , in case you haven't heard we are in the grand final..1 of only 2 teams left standing

Enjoy the moment instead of trying to find negatives...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's a shame Ennis will probably have to sledge Adam Reynolds from the sideline because he was very suspect to Ennis niggling him R25. Adam Reynolds is not the player people think he is and if the right amount of attention is applied he will not be able to keep his cool - especially given the weight of expectation on their young halves . Even if Souths try to play down the importance of their halves performance I see their 6 and 7 as vulnerable targets in both attack and defence
Reynolds will buckle like usual.

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
Geez, Our supporters are hard markers , in case you haven't heard we are in the grand final..1 of only 2 teams left standing

Enjoy the moment instead of trying to find negatives...
not negatives mate , just my opinion... alli read on this is how great we are... great is a powerful word and i dont see it ( sorry ) any team that makes a GF is a an achievement , however i just think we have been a little lucky..

storm - smith was on one leg , they made crucial mistakes at the ruck & scrum base in crucial field position and we scored , lets not forget the intercept that made it 18-0 ( who from ??? Ben roberts , why do u think we got rid of him )

manly - DEPLETED & mentally 4 starting forwards out. we scored 2 tries from mistakes ( kicking out on the full DCE how often does that happen ) and we got a lucky bounce from the ref that won us the game... we were gone in that 2nd half.

penrith - our backs couldnt penetrate but relied on our forwards to score all 3 tries , also coming from penrith mistakes on the first tackle 10m from their line.Indris bombed a try at 12-6 , then helped us with that stupid pass whuch led to our 3rd try.... we also got tired.

yes we were good enough to capitalize on those mistakes , but will souths make those mistakes ?? yes we are a good team but i think luck has u
helped us as well... will our luck last one more game ??
the positive thing we have is that Souths may crumble, this is huge...

most here were predicting smashing Manly , i commented saying it will a very close game , 1 point in extra time doesnt get any closer..

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not negatives mate , just my opinion... alli read on this is how great we are... great is a powerful word and i dont see it ( sorry ) any team that makes a GF is a an achievement , however i just think we have been a little lucky..

storm - smith was on one leg , they made crucial mistakes at the ruck & scrum base in crucial field position and we scored , lets not forget the intercept that made it 18-0 ( who from ??? Ben roberts , why do u think we got rid of him )

manly - DEPLETED & mentally 4 starting forwards out. we scored 2 tries from mistakes ( kicking out on the full DCE how often does that happen ) and we got a lucky bounce from the ref that won us the game... we were gone in that 2nd half.

penrith - our backs couldnt penetrate but relied on our forwards to score all 3 tries , also coming from penrith mistakes on the first tackle 10m from their line.Indris bombed a try at 12-6 , then helped us with that stupid pass whuch led to our 3rd try.... we also got tired.

yes we were good enough to capitalize on those mistakes , but will souths make those mistakes ?? yes we are a good team but i think luck has u
helped us as well... will our luck last one more game ??
the positive thing we have is that Souths may crumble, this is huge...

most here were predicting smashing Manly , i commented saying it will a very close game , 1 point in extra time doesnt get any closer..
There is no such thing as luck in making it to the GF.

luck is when Michelle Keegan falls and slips onto your dick

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Des the master tactician. It wouldnt surprise me at all if losing to Titans was planned. What better way to get under the radar in the finals than to go into them in ordinary form, and after losing to a bottom side after leading by 18-0.

Storm probably thought at home all they had to do was show up for the first final, and we blew them off the park. They looked stunned at various times in the match. They couldnt believe we were that good.

Although a close result, we were dominant more minutes in the match vs Manly.

We were only level at 0-0 and never headed vs Penrith.

We are going better than even i thought we would go.

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
Des the master tactician. It wouldnt surprise me at all if losing to Titans was planned. What better way to get under the radar in the finals than to go into them in ordinary form, and after losing to a bottom side after leading by 18-0.

Storm probably thought at home all they had to do was show up for the first final, and we blew them off the park. They looked stunned at various times in the match. They couldnt believe we were that good.

Although a close result, we were dominant more minutes in the match vs Manly.

We were only level at 0-0 and never headed vs Penrith.

We are going better than even i thought we would go.
sorry dude , a little far fetched.... i saw Des after the game and his reaction didnt look like a finals game plan

Status
Not open for further replies.