Des applying for Kiwi Coaching job? - UPDATE: Hasler has pulled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh that **** of a man. He destroyed our club completely. I hope his old mate Toovey gets the job over him.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des Hasler has broken his silence on the New Zealand coaching gig.
LEAGUE

• April 30, 2018 11:19am
  • by MARK ST JOHN
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Des Hasler talks to the media.Source: News Corp Australia
DES Hasler has all but ruled himself out for the New Zealand national coaching job after meeting with officials.

Hasler was full of praise for New Zealand rugby league when he spoke to Macquarie Sports Breakfast Show.

“I’ve always got aspirations to coach anywhere at the moment,” Hasler said.

“I went over there and had a chat to New Zealand rugby league just to see where they are at and where I’m at.

“It was good. They’re a great nation.

“A side like that if they can pull together the strongest possible national side you would have a very strong side.”

LIVE stream every game of every round of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership on FOX SPORTS. Get your free 2-week Foxtel Now trial & start watching in minutes. SIGN UP NOW >

However the former Bulldogs and Manly mentor believes his intentions to coach in the NRL again mean he is not the right fit for the national Kiwis job.

“But their aspirations are probably to go with somebody that’s not still aspiring to be (coaching) in the NRL,” Hasler said.

Blair opens up on WC win

1:51
“Which is fair enough because at the end of the day if you still have aspirations to coach an NRL side I know with the Stephen Kearney situation they were in a great situation.”

Hasler did admit that it was a formal interview process and that any coach would be lucky to have the talent that New Zealand have at their disposal.

“Obviously after the last World Cup they had a panel so they are being very transparent and very professional about it.

“They have some amazing talent there.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/de...g/news-story/1121d3849de38eb65f0ad2cb09a04f4d

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Des Hasler has broken his silence on the New Zealand coaching gig.
LEAGUE

• April 30, 2018 11:19am
  • by MARK ST JOHN
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Des Hasler talks to the media.Source: News Corp Australia
DES Hasler has all but ruled himself out for the New Zealand national coaching job after meeting with officials.

Hasler was full of praise for New Zealand rugby league when he spoke to Macquarie Sports Breakfast Show.

“I’ve always got aspirations to coach anywhere at the moment,” Hasler said.

“I went over there and had a chat to New Zealand rugby league just to see where they are at and where I’m at.

“It was good. They’re a great nation.

“A side like that if they can pull together the strongest possible national side you would have a very strong side.”

LIVE stream every game of every round of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership on FOX SPORTS. Get your free 2-week Foxtel Now trial & start watching in minutes. SIGN UP NOW >

However the former Bulldogs and Manly mentor believes his intentions to coach in the NRL again mean he is not the right fit for the national Kiwis job.

“But their aspirations are probably to go with somebody that’s not still aspiring to be (coaching) in the NRL,” Hasler said.

Blair opens up on WC win

1:51
“Which is fair enough because at the end of the day if you still have aspirations to coach an NRL side I know with the Stephen Kearney situation they were in a great situation.”

Hasler did admit that it was a formal interview process and that any coach would be lucky to have the talent that New Zealand have at their disposal.

“Obviously after the last World Cup they had a panel so they are being very transparent and very professional about it.

“They have some amazing talent there.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/de...g/news-story/1121d3849de38eb65f0ad2cb09a04f4d
I nearly choked on my weetbix when i heard that nose whistle on 2ue this morning as a guest host. Desperate

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Des Hasler is unemployable at NRL level as a head coach. Have a look at the 2 clubs he has coached (destroyed) MANLY - really suffered once there back eneded deals kicked in and have made 1 finals series in 5 years (including this year). They then has to resort to rorting the Salary cap to try and get then selves out of it and will be in trouble for years to come. CANTERBURY - back ended deals starting to kick in and is looking like 2-3 years to try and get out of the mess he created. We even tried to force the NRL to increase the salary cap as we knew how much trouble we were in. NO club surely would want that

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I nearly choked on my weetbix when i heard that nose whistle on 2ue this morning as a guest host. Desperate
was he really on the air? did he take any phone calls from Doggies fans?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
was he really on the air? did he take any phone calls from Doggies fans?
Yep he was. I don't know if he took any calls but i honestly felt some anger. You could sense some joy in his voice in a weird way probs because of our demise.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
daley and toovey interested in the job. think it would be good to see how there styles would play out

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NZRL only appointee kiwis to the job hence why we have been so shit over the last few years.

I reckon Daley or Toovey would go ok. However NZRL is a bit of a joke, selecting Park footballers when Benji Marshall is available.

I would put Marshall at 6 and make the captain.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NZRL only appointee kiwis to the job hence why we have been so shit over the last few years.

I think they have also tended to insist it's someone New Zealand-based. But then again, Kearney coached Parra at the same time as being NZ coach, so i'm likely talking out my arse.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like its between Daley and Madge

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder who would hire Des in the NRL now. I would think he might be waiting a while on that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.