Dene Halatau given all clear to play this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Payne has more experience than Finucane and Jackson - Des might go for that.

But Finucane and Jackson have been playing well.
Not sure what will happen when Pritchard, Halatau and Jackson can play extended minutes. All can play 80min

Then there is also Eastwood and Stagg.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
7 weeks on the sidelines, no footy but sweet to walk into the starting side? dunno bout that... might be a better idea to give Jacko less minutes and Hala return on the bench for Payne or Finnucane
Why not let common sense come into Halatau's selection, if he's injury free and match fit he's a shoo in for FG. He may be injury free but there's no way he could be anywhere near match fit. A full 80 mins or close to it in NSW Cup, see how he pulls up then decide if he's okay for the semis.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Finucane can play prop and second row, i cant see jackson playing prop (too small) got dominated badly vs tigers an again a little last week. Dont get me wrong i love what the kid (jackson) has done this year but i much prefer finucane as an allround player in the 17.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Payne is the first to go IMO finucane has been way to strong

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jackson out, halatau straight back into starting side. I think the rigures of first grade footy is starting to show with jackson eg handling errors and stupid penalties.
Halatau in if we wanna flog the Roosters, in a young side it's good to have a wise old head in big games.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
1 BEN BARBA
2 SAM PERRETT
3 JOSH MORRIS
4 KRISNAN INU
5 JONATHAN WRIGHT
6 JOSH REYNOLDS
7 KRIS KEATING
8 AIDEN TOLMAN
9 MICK ENNIS
10 SAM KASIANO
11 FRANK PRITCHARD
12 JOSH JACKSON
13 GREG EASTWOOD

INTERCHANGE
14 JAMES GRAHAM
15 DALE FINUCANE
16 COREY PAYNE
17 DAVID STAGG
20 MARTIN TAUPAU
COACH: DES HASLER

No Halatau he will probably play NSW Cup to get some match fitness.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Yer I have a feeling Dene will be a late inclusion but who knows, he does need some match fitness before the finals.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Halatau WILL be a late inclusion!!
Is that a guess or do you know something?

If i had to guess id say Hasler would give him some game time before the finals, but im not Hasler so I have no idea.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yer I have a feeling Dene will be a late inclusion but who knows, he does need some match fitness before the finals.
As Dene hasn't been namedin any side I think Des and Co. will really work him over during this week's training and assess where he'll go best (for himself) in this weeks game. IMO the Rooster match is a "must win". In that regard Des wont put anyone in FG if they're coming back from a long term injury and are only half done. Sadly, the other thing to remember is that Dene has a history of knee injuries.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des may give him a run in the NSW Cup on Saturday afternoon. Shane Pumipi won't be playing, so there will be a reshuffle there. Perhaps Romelo to hooker, or one of the backrowers moving up and being replaced by Dene Halatau.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need halataus experience and i would think he would be in the team this week before finals

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
we need halataus experience and i would think he would be in the team this week before finals
Some racehorses need a run before they are in winning form. Id rather him in FG after a game in the reggies assessing how ready he is. Cant risk him if hes not 101%. We have a must win match this week, it would be heartbreaking to lose the MP after leading the comp by 4 points with 2 games to go. Also hard to drop Josh Jackson who i assume would be dropped for Halatau based on experience. You want as much experience as you can get in finals.

Personally id drop Payne. Not because hes bad, but because IMO Jackson and Halatau are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.