Demetriou's 27 second presser

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won't get sacked, he'll "resign effective immediately".

Problem is Souths have created a wanktank around Demetriou as Bennett and Bellamy reincarnate, so theirs huge egg on Souths face if they sack him.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's the one who has allowed Latrell to get away with murder by never holding him accountable. He also tried to give Latrell a post match award for knocking Fox out the other week..

I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He was also the one carrying on last year about hip drop tackles like Preston's that weren't hip drops and told his players to lay down and feign injury. He deserves to get fired based on performance and I'm not feeling sorry for him as he's been a complete fuckwit most of his time as head coach.
1000% correct. Spot on.

Soufffs just need a bit more time to find an interim coach and any wonder. Who’d want that job right now?

The joint is toxic!

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's only a matter of when, not if, Demetriou is fired. I don't know what the hold up is but it's an absolute shit show at the moment.
Meninga knocked them back.

Sacking a coach and putting in an interim is much higher risk that what is perceived. The only club where the interim actually improved the team beyond the first game was Potter. He had coached previously at the top level and he tasted success as a player at Canterbury. Once contracts all got sorted out the players dropped their intensity the only exception was JMK who really wanted to leave by giving his all. Jones the best ever Warriors player a novice as a coach took them backwards. The bloke who came in at Dragons last year had them competitive in patches and meek in others.

All coaches willing to go to Souths face the same issue. Can't upset Latrell and must bow down to Latrell's demands.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won't get sacked, he'll "resign effective immediately".

Problem is Souths have created a wanktank around Demetriou as Bennett and Bellamy reincarnate, so theirs huge egg on Souths face if they sack him.
Like Barrett apparently resigned. He was sacked and so he should have been. Gus made sure the interim was locked in first.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a few weeks it will be Demetriwho.

I'd love to be as sure with this week's Powerball numbers.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Anthony Seibold can get a job after that shitshow up there in Brisbane, this guy will have no issue finding a job again.
He isn’t a head coach material but he’s an outstanding assistant reminds me a lot of Potter to be honest