Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of what would happen in this scenario:

I got pulled over this morning by an unmarked after thinking he was trying to get past me because he was driving like an animal.

Nope.

I got told to get out of the car. He said he got me doing 110 in a 90 zone and then tried to say I wasn't displaying my P plates correctly.

He didn't show me the radar and was in full blown god mode.

He said I may receive a summons to appear in court due to the speeding and P plate drama.

Not once did he go to the front of the car to see where my front plate was located.

I went into the shopfront 4 hours after the incident and had the P plate restrictions removed from my licence, meaning I no longer have to display the plates AND i have 4 points added to my existing 4 points.

Am I ****ed?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lol he was scaring you if you go to court you would win
1. No radar no proof
2.were you ps showing if yes that's all that is required unless they where inside the car

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you look young? I'm guessing he was trying to scare you straight.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
for starters...........an unmarked car the persons driving must show proof of them actually being police officers, i would be contacting that area police station and make inquiry as to the validity of the unmarked car
they must show radar if you ask
they must point out the infringement ie your sign placements

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol he was scaring you if you go to court you would win
1. No radar no proof
2.were you ps showing if yes that's all that is required unless they where inside the car
He didn't show me a radar.. I'm assuming it was all built in to the car?

I had a plate in the back window and front window because they get stolen off my car all the time.

Do you look young? I'm guessing he was trying to scare you straight.
I do look young and drive a bright red commodore and am also a tradie. **** magnet.

He got up me because I got done over a year ago for 49km over in a 90 zone in the exact same area. Told me to grow up and that I hadn't learned my lesson.

for starters...........an unmarked car the persons driving must show proof of them actually being police officers, i would be contacting that area police station and make inquiry as to the validity of the unmarked car
they must show radar if you ask
they must point out the infringement ie your sign placements
He was wearing uniform. I didn't ask for the radar. I honestly thought he was trying to get past me to something important because he was up my arse so bad and I had no safe opening to get in the left lane.

He said it was incorrectly placed in the rear window and he never checked the front.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did he book you ?
If not, you're fine. He was just power tripping.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How do you mean book me?

He said I may receive a summons to appear in court in the mail.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He might get you for the plates for being inside the but as for the radar he must show you and you will win in court

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
How do you mean book me?

Most of the time it doesn't come in the mail cause he was taken the piss I have had that were he said it will come in the mail but nothing happened

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of the time it doesn't come in the mail cause he was taken the piss I have had that were he said it will come in the mail but nothing happened
Me too

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
while reading this thread i am watching the 9 news and see this copper knock a cyclist off his bike, back slams him, the cyclist crashed on his back and head

all cos he wasnt wearing his helmet.

fck me, no wonder coppers get the bad name for some power tripping morons.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
while reading this thread i watch this copper knock a cyclist off his bike, back slams him, the cyclist crashed on his back and head

all cos he wasnt wearing his helmet.

fck me, no wonder coppers get the bad name for some power tripping morons.
He could of used that helmet when he was slammed on his head lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn't receive anything on the spot last year when I got done. I got the infringement notice in the mail.

This guy was driving aggressively and initially I thought he was just some lunatic then heard sirens (saw no blue and red lights just high beams) and I assumed he had to get to something more important.

Pulled me over on a blind spot and made get out of the car in th eline of oncoming traffic. Dude was offit.

Main question here is whether the 4 points I had added this afternoon will still be active when/if i lose 4 or more points to warrant suspension.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May receive a summons? When I was on my P's, which sadly wasn't that long ago, I copped a ticket then and there.

And I assumed a P plater speeding is instant loss of license? He probably assumed the speed going off his speep. Even if he's not trying to scare you, he will need some proof, I would assume.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I didn't receive anything on the spot last year when I got done. I got the infringement notice in the mail.

This guy was driving aggressively and initially I thought he was just some lunatic then heard sirens (saw no blue and red lights just high beams) and I assumed he had to get to something more important.

Pulled me over on a blind spot and made get out of the car in th eline of oncoming traffic. Dude was offit.

Main question here is whether the 4 points I had added this afternoon will still be active when/if i lose 4 or more points to warrant suspension.
If you do receive the infringement notice then fight it you have nothing to lose and like I said he has to show you the radar by law and it won't stand in court

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do you mean book me?

If he didn't give you a ticket on the spot, you're sweet.
If you were going to receive a summons, you would've been given a ticket for....something.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he didn't give you a ticket id say ur fine!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thing is i got done 49km over in the exact same spot last year and i didn't get anything on the spot. I got the infringement notice in the mail and drove off.

Could it just be an ACT thing where they don't issue anything on the spot?

Like I said, my main concern is whether or not I've been able to save myself by getting 4 points added to my licence 4 hours after he pulled me over.

As it stands I have 8 points. At time of infringement I only had 4.

If i lose 4-5 points or whatever will my remaining 3-4 points that were added at 4.30pm today be affected by the offence that occured at 12pm today?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is some defence to it. You can say that you were attempting to overtake then a vehicle started tail gating you so you sped up to get out of the way 'cause you thought the vehicle would cause an accident. That vehicle being the police officer. They'll check the police footage but if they see the cop tail gating you there's a chance they'll reduce it to just a fine.

For the P plates you can say that you had P plates outside the car and P plates inside the car in case the ones on the outside were stolen or fell off. Say that you didn't realise that the ones on the outside had come off and you thought the ones on the inside were clearly visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.