Delivery for the Broncos

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, were there any Kennellers visiting Red Hill overnight?

Humiliating image sums up Brisbane Broncos’ sad demise
Disgruntled fans rubbed salt into the wound with a cruel, final act after the Broncos collected the wooden spoon for the first time in history.

Andrew McMurtry
AndrewMcMurtry

SEPTEMBER 25, 202012:31PM
  • NRL: After failing to avoid their first ever wooden spoon, disgruntled Broncos fans have expressed their frustrations by throwing dozens of wooden spoons onto the training grounds.

The Brisbane Broncos started perfectly against the North Queensland Cowboys but a horrid season has seen an equally horrible end.
For the first time in 33 years, the Broncos have claimed the wooden spoon, finishing last in 2020 after a 32-16 loss on Thursday night.

A poor Brisbane staffer had his work cut out on Friday morning, picking up dozens of actual wooden spoons left at the club’s Red Hill headquarters by disgruntled supporters after it officially hit rock bottom.
The Broncos have officially hit rock bottom.

The Broncos have officially hit rock bottom.Source:Channel 7
In a farewell for Darius Boyd, who was retiring after his 337th match in the NRL, it all started so perfectly for the Broncos against the Cowboys with Payne Haas opening the scoring after just three minutes.
But following an innocuous looking tackle, gun centre Kotoni Staggs stayed on the turf and early indications are he’d suffered an ACL injury, which would rule him out for months.
It’s a brutal blow for the Broncos star, who was seemingly firming for a NSW State of Origin berth after being one of the few shining lights for Brisbane this season.
The trainers called for the medicab but Staggs was helped from the field, unable to put pressure on his injured leg.

“He clutched for it straight away, it’s not good signs for the Broncos,” Cowboys legend Johnathan Thurston told Channel 9.
Commentator Paul Vautin added: “Almost a hyperextension really.
“Lots of pressure on that knee, it’s buckled.”
RELATED: Darius Boyd’s bizarre retirement send-off
Staggs’ Origin hopes have been dashed.

Staggs’ Origin hopes have been dashed.Source:Supplied
The injury was the last thing the Broncos needed but Boyd went out with a try soon after to open up a 12-0 lead after 12 minutes.
However, after losing their most potent attacking weapon in Staggs, it all went downhill for the wooden spooners as three tries from the 20th minute gave the Cowboys 16-12 lead at the break.
While there was a grind early in the second half before Corey Oates evened up the score with a 54th minute try, the Cowboys had more in the tank, running away with three tries in 12 minutes to take the Broncos to 11 straight losses.
It was a horrific end to a sad season with scandal, coaching dramas and constant pressure on the club after substandard performances on the field.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck hahaha

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
That a disgrace Darius Boyd is with his gender reveal after collecting the spoon!! What an embarrassment. If a Dogs player ever did that after coming last on the last game I would dead set burn my jersey. I could not believe my eyes.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A sooky and salty Broncos boss is a great thing for rugby league. They’ve had it too good for far too long

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I'm devastated. A team like Brisbane should not get the spoon.
Bad day for RL

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This takes it one further...

NRL fan displays enormous Brisbane Broncos wooden spoon in front yard
news.com.au
October 1, 2020 3:36pm
The Brisbane Broncos wooden spoon continues to be a source of quality material for disgruntled fans.
A torrid season saw the club finish dead last on the ladder with a horrific 3-17 record, despite opening the season with two straight wins.
Watch the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals on Kayo. Every game before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
There last win came during round 9 when they took down fellow 3-17 team Canterbury, but an enormous lead in the point differential saw them comfortably claim the wooden spoon.
It marks the first time in the club’s history they’ve captured the unwanted wooden spoon and fans haven’t missed a beat in letting them know about it.

An image posted to reddit showed off one fan’s giant troll effort to the struggling club as he built a spoon that was the same height as his house and had been erected in the front yard.
Painted in the same colours as the Broncos, the giant spoon featured the word Broncos sprawled across it with the year just underneath.

1601590667573.png

The latest troll effort comes on the back of several disgruntled fans taking out their frustrations on the club by tossing wooden spoons over the fence.
Video of one poor staffer having to walk around the club’s Red Hill headquarters and pick up the dozen or so wooden spoons was met with great delight by fans of other clubs.

In what was a horrific season filled with scandal, coaching dramas and constant pressure on the club after substandard performances on the field, things went from bad to worse following the final game of the season.
Retiring star Darius Boyd opted to use his final moment on the field to go ahead with a gender reveal, as his teammates stood around and celebrated.
The moment went down like a lead balloon with club powerbrokers including chairman Karl Morris were blindsided after not being told about the stunt in advance
“I was embarrassed and disgusted by the gender reveal and celebrations post-match,” Morris told Nine News.
In what is a potential positive for Broncos fans, things can’t get much worse in 2021 than they were in 2020.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I tried to but a wooden spoon the other day from K Mart but they had none. Now I know why...............Seeing they have a surplus at Red Hill I wonder if they wouldn't mind letting me have just one...

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
My Brother in Law is a diehard Broncos Supporter and funnily enough, he is glad that they got the wooden spoon this year otherwise, he reckons they wouldn’t get it at all.