Opinion Defence

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All bs and deflection to buy more time. Going backwards this year was absolutely not on the menu and is totally inexcusable

Their lucky to have fans like u who gobble up every word like a sheep
Wow, clearly trolling with all your netball experience.

The Kennel should set up a poddy on how we deal with negative sooks like you! In the ring or whatever, no gloves. Only offering zero soultions, just bitching...

I'm keen, are you?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not to be complicated.

When no player shows improvement after round 25 than its clear the bloke coaching is the problem.
That's very fair. However allegedly as Gould said it's "part of the process" to have the results going backwards this year and this somehow means Ciraldo and Co. have been doing an impeccable job coaching and motivating the playing group this season.

Cc as an alleged defensive coach Messiah's plan was to have no defence and miss tackles by the dozen then I'll applaud with the rest and say he's done an absolutely impeccable job in achieving his goals.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cc is a fucking idiot, that's all that needs to be said and I want everyone to stop swallowing Goulds propaganda how he's so fantastic and all but sewn up the coach of the year award.

He's a shit shit shit coach
Propaganda?? Are you thick in the head or something? Gus has been saying since day dot that it would get harder before it got better. Is this not the reality we currently see? Explain to me how this is "propoganda"???

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Propaganda?? Are you thick in the head or something? Gus has been saying since day dot that it would get harder before it got better. Is this not the reality we currently see? Explain to me how this is "propoganda"???
Q. Do you think players have gone forwards or backwards under cc?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Q. Do you think players have gone forwards or backwards under cc?
I think the whole team has gone backwards. But there some contributing circumstances that many conveniently ignore.
Serious question, what did you think of Adam O'Brien's up until about 7 weeks ago?? Like myself and most others here on the kennel, you probably thought he was a complete dud right? Look at the knights now though. 7 wins in a row. First time since 2001 I think. Even better then when they were coached by the messiah Wayne Bennett.
The point I'm making is that sometimes it takes time to realise a long term plan. No one from within the club has said that we would be a very good team this year. In fact. Most said that it would be very much the opposite. And here we are.
Ciraldo will not be sacked. Gus and the board will stand by him until he gets us back to being a successful club again. Sacking him would put us further behind.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah well I just disagree with you on that, I think he was confident of having much better results than what's come to pass.

And when he addresses the media, too me he sounds like a dictator who's losing a war yet telling his subjects this all part of his grand plans for the final victory

Sounds like probaganda is all, I'm just expressing my feelings as a disgruntled supporter as one is entitled on such a platform. In saying that I thought they'd be in for the win against Raiders they are putrid.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah well I just disagree with you on that, I think he was confident of having much better results than what's come to pass.

And when he addresses the media, too me he sounds like a dictator who's losing a war yet telling his subjects this all part of his grand plans for the final victory

Sounds like probaganda is all, I'm just expressing my feelings as a disgruntled supporter as one is entitled on such a platform. In saying that I thought they'd be in for the win against Raiders they are putrid.
Your entitled to your opinion mate. Apologies for being so blunt. I just get so frustrated with all the negativity and constant shit canning of the club on this forum. I don't recognise your user name, so im assuming your reasonably new to posting, and should have been a little bit more understanding of the fact.
Anyway, I think Gus definitely expected more then the whimper we have put up this year, but also wasn't expecting too much. I think he has been pretty consistent with his view on where the club currently is, and how much work needs to be done to get us competitive again. I also think that he is the best man for the job, and that no one could do it better. Yet some posters on here are so over the top with their opinions on how we are doing as a club. People are frustrated, so am I. But calling Gus fuckingbuseless etc etc is just complete rubbish. He will get us back on top again. But it will take time.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All bs and deflection to buy more time. Going backwards this year was absolutely not on the menu and is totally inexcusable

Their lucky to have fans like u who gobble up every word like a sheep
Bro we have used 32 players this year. No way you can be consistent and build combinations.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bro we have used 32 players this year. No way you can be consistent and build combinations.
Well yes, but as several posters have already said, defence is very much an attitude. Once we get defence under some reasonable control and we are not chasing 3-4 tries in a half, due to lazy feeble defence, then the combinations will follow.

Last edited:

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your entitled to your opinion mate. Apologies for being so blunt. I just get so frustrated with all the negativity and constant shit canning of the club on this forum. I don't recognise your user name, so im assuming your reasonably new to posting, and should have been a little bit more understanding of the fact.
Anyway, I think Gus definitely expected more then the whimper we have put up this year, but also wasn't expecting too much. I think he has been pretty consistent with his view on where the club currently is, and how much work needs to be done to get us competitive again. I also think that he is the best man for the job, and that no one could do it better. Yet some posters on here are so over the top with their opinions on how we are doing as a club. People are frustrated, so am I. But calling Gus fuckingbuseless etc etc is just complete rubbish. He will get us back on top again. But it will take time.
I haven't really contributed in previous seasons but it was the over hype of pre season that triggered me and others will recognise I was in the top 3 or so that was completely opposed to the whole Reynolds fairytale return. I saw that as diabolical leadership from both Gould and Cc to entertain this idea and it was done as more of a smokescreen get fans excited but far out I'm no footy coach or GM but sheeeeeeeeeesh that kinda leadership had me thinking the season is done for before a ball had been kicked and our new master coach must be about as intelligent as a fence post. 2023 NRL is a bloodbath for anyone less than an elite athlete.

Talk about moving forward but then taking enormous steps backward in the same step

He may well be the best man for the job that's true but he's also the biggest ego in the business and personalities such as that don't admit to making mistakes which is a problem.

Over and out [emoji28]

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe it is 36 with 14 players having played only 3 games or less. There are 24 players who haven't even played half the season.
That makes consistency impossible and building combinations a pipe dream.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who said anything about Gus? I said everyone still believes in his deflecting and excuses he makes for Cc.

I said Cc is garbage and Gus signed him for massive 5 year deal after the demise of assistant Barrett. There were other coaches he could have employed so it can be argued he needs to improve his own performance and decision making.
Once Gus leaves a club they improve see: Roosters, Panthers, Warriors... etc... hes an egotistical cancer