Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a lot I dislike about the way Des has this team playing, which puts the team under more pressure than it needs to be.

However, when under pressure tonight, our defence was exceptional.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Belive it or not apparently we are 4th in scoring trys and first in defence

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as I hate some of the shit we dish up, we keep finding ways to win, and that makes me smile.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO, we should be scoring more tries.

Most of our tries stem from individual brilliance as opposed to a well constructed play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the return of the long range try.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye is a shirt grabber - comes up with bad misses most weeks. His attempt on Lyon was pathetic.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was baffled as to why Manly didn't just dribble the ball through in behind to combat our rushing defence on the outside. It is imo the biggest weakness in our otherwise solid defence. I fear the better teams/playmakers will kill us this way.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our goal line defense is great but mid field defense is much to be desired. Teams generally roll up the field with ease as we rarely come off our line and just wait for them to come to us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our goal line defense is great but mid field defense is much to be desired. Teams generally roll up the field with ease as we rarely come off our line and just wait for them to come to us.
Our kick chase is the same. Most teams have a couple of players that chase hard while the rest present a line behind them. Des would rather have a full defensive line meet the attack. Most teams get way to many free metres off us.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our kick chase is the same. Most teams have a couple of players that chase hard while the rest present a line behind them. Des would rather have a full defensive line meet the attack. Most teams get way to many free metres off us.
Teams are almost in zero threat mode when we put a kick up, yet when another team bombs there is almost always a chance they'll score.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The reason we need to do so much goal line defence is because of our lethargic defence when there in the midfield or in there 50. If we rush up on attackers we'll make our lives a whole lot easier(not offside like the manly pea eagles).

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Majority of the trys against us recently have come from kicks, Our d will be very hard to crack in the finals.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des is really focusing us on defence coming up into the finals. There has been a drop in out attack to keep things simple to reduce errors

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm are best defensive side we are ranked 4th in defence and 5th in tries 6th in points

Malla

Reaction score
End of the day minimal errors and great defence will win comps and we are doing that atm

d0ody

tad fancy
Reaction score
The reason our kick chase is crap is because we often get it to the kicker second off the ruck and flat footed, meaning they kick from a standing start, so most of our blokes are already offside and can't put a decent chase on. We have to learn to pass in front of the receiver first time and get a kick in on the run

Status
Not open for further replies.