Dear Raylene. Accept the Passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah fair enough, I see your point. I still disagree that Graham was at fault in any way in this case though. Yes, he came into contact with the legs but it's fairly obvious that someone attempting a charge down needs to get pretty close to the kicker otherwise the ball is going to sail over their head. To me it was just a pretty unfortunate incident for everyone involved. Unlucky for Reynolds, especially if he is going to be out for as long as they are saying, and completely ****ed for us. If Reynolds didn't get injured, and instead just got bowled over and jumped back up, there is no way it would have been a penalty. And of course we can say that the fact that he got injured warrants a penalty in itself, but players get injured all the time in this CONTACT sport without penalties being blown. Should the refs have penalised the souths player who had his arms around Lafai's leg for dangerous contact when he got injured? Of course not, because it was an unlucky occurrence, which unfortunately does happen in heavy contact sports like league. In saying all of this, I understand that the ruling was most likely 'officially' correct and within the rulings. Obviously the NRL have very concerned with player safety in more recent years and are aiming to reduce incidents like this occurring, but I feel like those in charge are completely out of touch with how many of the fans feel about the way the game is being run, particularly in regards to how it is officiated.

I do, however, share the same opinion as you regarding Graham's reaction to the penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm gunna get smashed here but I agree with Marley..Graham carried on too much..he lost the plot. Look I believe Graham is an unbelievable player..best Pom to play in the NRL..heck one of the best forwards to EVER play..anywhere..in any code of footy.. However yesterday was way over the top.. I'm gunna get smashed even more.. Ennis never lost control..yes massive pain in the ass at times..and talked to the ref when he shouldn't have..but he never lost control.. Unfortunately King Graham did..

Graham is a champion and is the right man for the job as captain of the Dogs..I for one hope he stays as captain..because truly he inspires by how he plays not what he says..and he plays fantastically!

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
James Graham will not lose Captaincy. I hear raylene on the news. She was trying to protect our position but the media kept throwing bullshit at her

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm gunna get smashed here but I agree with Marley..Graham carried on too much..he lost the plot. Look I believe Graham is an unbelievable player..best Pom to play in the NRL..heck one of the best forwards to EVER play..anywhere..in any code of footy.. However yesterday was way over the top.. I'm gunna get smashed even more.. Ennis never lost control..yes massive pain in the ass at times..and talked to the ref when he shouldn't have..but he never lost control.. Unfortunately King Graham did..

Graham is a champion and is the right man for the job as captain of the Dogs..I for one hope he stays as captain..because truly he inspires by how he plays not what he says..and he plays fantastically!
I been hit with 20+ thumbs down because i thought Graham stepped over the line lol

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James Graham will not lose Captaincy. I hear raylene on the news. She was trying to protect our position but the media kept throwing bullshit at her
Yeah, Dessie was interviewed on the Continuous Call Team and said that he captains with passion and will continue to captain in that manner.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with Marley and Mr I, Graham can't lose his cool when dealing with these situations. Also the Captain needs to control his troops. Most Captains while being filthy at the decision would ask the question in a mild manner. As much as I love the dogs, you can't attack the kickers legs. While I think there is a grey area as James head made connection with Adams leg, the officials called it and we have to live with it.
I am more concerned about the Greg Inglis knock on that went against us. The Josh Morris push in the back that could have given us a shot at goal. These refereeing mistakes are what caused me frustration. Also the fans who threw bottles deserve to be banned. I was at the game and as frustrating a loss as it was, I could never bring myself to harming another individual over a game. I wish the bottles were not thrown as it has just given the media and NRL a bigger story to talk about than the refereeing issues that were missed. Again sweeping the refereeing mistakes under the rug.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes I also agree that he lost control and stepped over the line. He will learn a lot from this incident.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did everyone see the interview the today show had with our CEO, Cameron dick whatever his name is has by far the worst ****ing attitude towards us.

Imo we were out of line but how can we keep our mouth shut when everything went aganist us at the dying minutes which seriously needs to be looked at. I think we need to bring in the captains call, should sort things out.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called it just after the match, hardly influenced by the media. Graham's communication with the refs was poor all game and at the end it was terrible. As captain abusing an official is completely out of line no matter how much of a ****wit the official is. Graham should have pulled the boys in and keep them under control, he didn't ans he completely lost his head. Tolman showed us all during the Manly game how a captain should act.
Marley has a point here. Gonna have to tone it down in order to be effective - and passion aside, Klemmer jumping into it was unnacceptable.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Marley has a point here. Gonna have to tone it down in order to be effective - and passion aside, Klemmer jumping into it was unnacceptable.
A game of footy is like war and in war you don't act polite and give free shots to your enemy now do you?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A game of footy is like war and in war you don't act polite and give free shots to your enemy now do you?
War is where any decsion you make can lead to your own death..your fellow soldiers death..the people you are protecting's death..in the end this only a game footy..

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nobody is condoning Klemmers actions. Graham as a captain needs to get that in order. But what does "toning it down" do in "effectiveness"? Are refs going to reverse decisions if we ask nicely next time? Is the referee going to be biased because he feels he is being spoken down to? What am I missing here???

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
War is where any decsion you make can lead to your own death..your fellow soldiers death..the people you are protecting's death..in the end this only a game footy..
I'm not talking about the death part of war more so you do what you need to do to be victorious and not showing your enemy respect to win aspect. Footy does differ where things are done within the game but somethings like swearing and having a go at players or referees is always going to happen because when men are in a physical environment smack talking and disrespect happens just how life is in general aswell.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just curious, what is the point in talking to the refs? Can someone explain it to me?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm just curious, what is the point in talking to the refs? Can someone explain it to me?
There is no point. All they can do is tell you why they made a ruling.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There ain't no referee in war.

In footy, when you piss off the ref, he isn't going do you any favours. We saw that last night.

Nobody is saying that we want Graham to act polite, just not to go over the top and disrespectful.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also being nice just gets you trampled on to be honest.

There is no point. All they can do is tell you why they made a ruling.
Pretty much or they try to explain the context of the ruling yeah?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There ain't no referee in war.

In footy, when you piss off the ref, he isn't going do you any favours. We saw that last night.

Nobody is saying that we want Graham to act polite, just not to go over the top and disrespectful.
America seem like the modern day war referee to be honest haha, you piss of the team they back and they come into make unfair "calls"

Status
Not open for further replies.