DCE Back flip

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All within the rules set and he probably got an offer pretty close to the Titans ones plus he did keep saying he wants to stay in the Manly area with his young family. I'll accept that as a valid reason because money wasn't a factor here (well in the end it wasn't), he also probably knew that his career would tarnish and lose value once he joined the Titans.

I like DCE, for a young talented footballer with the world at his feet he is well spoken and a nice person by the looks of it.
loll u r kidding right ??

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have to think about Evans rep future.

He is 27. If next year is cronks last origin series then Evans will be 29 when he inherits the number 7 jumper.

You have to wonder if Meninga is planning blooding guys who are going to be there for years like Lockyer + Thurston and dominate, if he does then it's Hunt + Milford all the way.

Cherry Evans has the potential to play very few rep games in the next few years.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I guess you used this line on your wedding night 'Say hello to my little friend..' And you really meant little! Sorry bro I couldn't help it..LOL
You're lucky i love you lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's hope the titans might take Hodkinson now. They said they won't convince Sezer to change his mind and that there are still a few halves off contract. I hope they make him a decent offer and he moves on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, this is unbelievable!

What a mess this whole situation has become and not solely because of the guidelines set by the NRL. Cherry Evans and his management deserve to take blame for this as well.

Just watched his press conference as he sat there with a look on his face that seemed to indicate he has no remorse over all the empty words spoken by him since the issue initially arose.

Listened as he said that he wanted to always be a one team player ;if so why all this protracted to and fro? He says he is sorry for reneging on the deal and that people who know him state he is an honourable person; he has broken no rules in doing what he has done. Well that may be the case but morally and ethically he has shown that he has no conscience or honour and no idea of the unrest and distress he has caused.

He wanted to be at Manly all along he says and he was always curious to see what Manly could offer him...he says he always left the door open for this approach...but that is not what I heard coming out of his mouth the last few months...he kept saying there is nothing to discuss and that what had been put in place I.e.his move to the Titans is what would happen. He even had the audacity to state that the media had to take their share of the blame for all the speculation over the last few months.

He did it for his family and for no other reason, did he not say he signed for the Titans for his family?Cannot have it both ways and I have no respect for him as a person or player.

I hope that Messrs Greenberg and Smith take all this on board and see just how much their inept and broken NRL leadership has made this game of ours a laughing stock. They may feel all warm and fuzzy about their brand new rules regarding player negotiations and contract registrations but too late fellas the horse has bolted here and now. What has transpired in this matter cannot be taken back and shows that NRL is now truly a business with no thought for those people who actually pay the wages...the fans who fork out their hard earned dollars who deserve better than this type of sh@t and the sponsors. What about the Titans who now have let go Aiden Sezar, will they try to entice him to backflip? Absolute shambles.
Graham Annesley is not a happy man saying that he feels sorry for the team, the management, the fans who have been bitterly disappointed by the decision.

I hope that Manly and Cherry Evans choke on their lies and that this costs all parties concerned very dearly. One player taking up one sixth of their salary cap for years to come. Wonder what his team mates think of him now? If the rumours of players being unhappy with him before are true, this little stunt might just alienate him a bit further. You hear of players taking a little bit less in the way of wages to keep a team mate at a club, Mmm? The contract is based on the following;he CANNOT play NRL for any other club but Manly and while he continues in the NRL he will wear the maroon and white.

Reminds me of a quote that someone alerted me to, "There is no I in team but there is a DCE in Dickhead"

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nice info guys! Oh but that was predictable lol I even stated tomorrow

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This actually played out pretty well for the NRL, as the Cherry-Evans signing, at the time, took the heat out of the cocaine issue surrounding the embattled club....I would have imagined the Titans would be far worse off now had they not been temporarily linked to DCE.

Anyone have the address of the Mermaid Waters pad he purchased? Bets its back on the market within days?!

~cb.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This actually played out pretty well for the NRL, as the Cherry-Evans signing, at the time, took the heat out of the cocaine issue surrounding the embattled club....I would have imagined the Titans would be far worse off now had they not been temporarily linked to DCE.

Anyone have the address of the Mermaid Waters pad he purchased? Bets its back on the market within days?!

~cb.
In relation to your last comment.........

ONLY if it is his family's best interests. That is his principal concern apparently.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sure he is entitled to backflip under NRL rules, but the blokes a massive bag of dicks for doing it.

1. Titans have lost Sezer and there is little to no time for him to renig.
2. Foran couldn't renig now because they don't have cap space for him.
3. Manly will have to go Aldi shopping for the rest of their side (or fiddle books), because they've blown their cap on him and the other old buggers in the side.

Manly must have one of those flexi-caps where nothing is ever said about it.

$10 million over 6 years on an open ended contract ... $1.6 million a year .... plus Myles on $500k. Plus Matai, Stewart, Ballin, Lyon, etc etc.

If its $10 million regardless, what if he only stays 3 years?

Either way, lets hope karma catches up with him on the injury front.

Mermaid Waters mate. Also he may not have actually settled on the place and may of pulled out?
A poofteenth between them. Clear Island Waters is the posh area next to Mermaid Waters.

There was a block of land as well as a house purchase. My understanding was the house purchase was a secluded "cheapie" in MW, until the Daly Cherry Man$ion in CIW was built and complete.

But I'm not about to breach privacy laws saying any more :grinning:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
loll u r kidding right ??
All within the rules its not like he did a SBW on them, even if it happened to us with the deadline I would be fine with it because its the rules but if it wasn't done within the rules there would be reasons to be angry. The rules might not be the best thing but he only exercised what the rules allow you.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Legally he was entitled to do what he did , but morally he has a lot to answer to. He screwed over the Titans club who lost a couple of players because of him.
DCE seems the sort of guy that has no shame.
Karma will bite him in the ass though.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All within the rules its not like he did a SBW on them, even if it happened to us with the deadline I would be fine with it because its the rules but if it wasn't done within the rules there would be reasons to be angry. The rules might not be the best thing but he only exercised what the rules allow you.
just because he acted within the rules does not exempt him from the manner in which he conducted himself throughout this whole saga ... as I have I said in a previous post , the central issue here is not dce breaking any nrl guidelines , and yes I do agree with players trying to get the best deals for themselves , but not at the expense of your integrity being questioned , which it has and will be for months to come .... in essence he could have handled it better and not come across as such an arrogant young man whom appears to consider himself quite important "

{"ahh!... vanity one of my favourite sins '' }

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
just because he acted within the rules does not exempt him from the manner in which he conducted himself throughout this whole saga ... as I have I said in a previous post , the central issue here is not dce breaking any nrl guidelines , and yes I do agree with players trying to get the best deals for themselves , but not at the expense of your integrity being questioned , which it has and will be for months to come .... in essence he could have handled it better and not come across as such an arrogant young man whom appears to consider himself quite important "

{"ahh!... vanity one of my favourite sins '' }
Its all godo bro and I can see where you are coming from but I don't see it as a big deal. The Titans are broke and a shambles club plus DCE's integrity won't have an issue with 10 million dollars or so lol.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its all godo bro and I can see where you are coming from but I don't see it as a big deal. The Titans are broke and a shambles club plus DCE's integrity won't have an issue with 10 million dollars or so lol.
true that.....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
DCE really stuck his neck out with this one..

and what a big neck it was to stick out.

Either way, Manly have somewhat screwed themselves now, and face "Cowboys Syndrome", where (once the old timers they have around) start to break down and retire, they'll rely more and more on DCE. Sure they'll have money from when the old crew retire, but can they attract new blood.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sure he is entitled to backflip under NRL rules, but the blokes a massive bag of dicks for doing it.

1. Titans have lost Sezer and there is little to no time for him to renig.
2. Foran couldn't renig now because they don't have cap space for him.
3. Manly will have to go Aldi shopping for the rest of their side (or fiddle books), because they've blown their cap on him and the other old buggers in the side.

Manly must have one of those flexi-caps where nothing is ever said about it.

$10 million over 6 years on an open ended contract ... $1.6 million a year .... plus Myles on $500k. Plus Matai, Stewart, Ballin, Lyon, etc etc.

If its $10 million regardless, what if he only stays 3 years?

Either way, lets hope karma catches up with him on the injury front.

A poofteenth between them. Clear Island Waters is the posh area next to Mermaid Waters.

There was a block of land as well as a house purchase. My understanding was the house purchase was a secluded "cheapie" in MW, until the Daly Cherry Man$ion in CIW was built and complete.

But I'm not about to breach privacy laws saying any more :grinning:
There was photos in the paper up here showing the house it's a mansion and said Mermaid Waters. Wasn't anything about a block or build. The house was meant to be over 1.5mi so sounds like a pretty lush pad for Mermaid.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DCE rang Neil henry at 10am this morning and told him his decision. DCE did nothing wrong in this whole scenario. He did everything within the rules. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Henry said he got the call at 10.40 & that was after the media rang & told him.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wait up can the titans not just register his contract before manly do after round 13 or whatever it is. they still have a signed contract after all. First in best dressed so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.