Day off work for new Bulldog Rauicava

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury debutant Daniel Rauicava's biggest relief was getting a day off work to train with the Bulldogs ahead of Saturday's NRL clash with Canberra.

Having already kicked the party life, the late blooming 24-year-old needed to front the boss at his day job as a renderer to make sure he could train for his first game on the big stage.

"I told my boss for today and he said, `What about next Monday?'," said Rauicava, whose father was Fijian.

"I said, `I don't know, I've got to see how I go on Saturday night'.

"My boss is pretty lenient, he's like my mentor, he's real good bloke so he looks after me."

But the centre has also learned to look after himself after giving up partying to get serious about footy, first through Cronulla's lower grade sides and now with the Bulldogs.

"I had a couple of pre-seasons but I was more into the party life and the girls," he said.

"I didn't like my old life, I was going out and partying too much and didn't have a licence, had nothing going for me, so I just thought big change-around and now I'm here.

"I stopped drinking and I went on a big fitness thing for about nine months.

"It was all worth the sacrifices."

After two years with his local side the Sharks, he was forced to move on.

"They weren't going to have a NSW Cup side down at Cronulla so I had to get a manager, I didn't have a manager at that stage," he said.

"I ended up at the Bulldogs.

"My dream was to make it with the Sharks but unfortunately that didn't work out.

"I was heartbroken when I had to come here but it's like an ex-girlfriend, you get over it and you move on.

"It's been a long season ... fortunately it's paid off now, all the driving from Cronulla every day and working.

"Now I'm that close to running out for my dream."

Rauicava is hoping to emulate South Sydney's Dylan Farrell, who scored three tries in his first game last Saturday.

"That stuff you dream of," he said.

"I've got a little daydream in my head about scoring tries but I just try to block it out.

"I just want to get out there and play what's in front of me and see how I go.

"To me, running out there, that's three tries in itself."

A contract for 2011 would also allow him to give up the day job.

"Hopefully I can give that the brush for a bit," he said.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...ff-work-for-new-bulldog-rauicava/default.aspx

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
thought he was 21! late bloomer he is

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Well, he turns 24 in 2 months. :p

Nice read - cheers.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I had to laugh at the "heartbroken he had to come here bit" but I hope he goes well.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would be nice if he came out and tore them apart and we didn't have to go buy yet another newbie to replace this newbie.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and has worked hard to get where he is. I wish him well. He'll probably do pretty well as Rauicava is a pain in the @$$ to type so well see lots more of it. Good luck to him.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Hope the lad does well.

Hopefully we'll find a full time Centre so Jamal can permanently stay in the Second Row.

Score a hat-trick Rauicava!

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Good read :grinning:

Well done Daniel, persistence can work wonders if you put your mind to something.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
Very good read, great to see this bloke has his head screwed on.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cronulla is not that far to training, in fact most of the boys travel from the Sutherland Shire.. whinger.. haha

Im with you Barry, good to see we have people that really want to be here :s

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's defending against Croker and Monaghan... Good luck lol..

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm sure other teams must have other players who made their debuts this year, why does the media always put extra pressure on our debutants. Idris, Barba,Romelo,Rauicava..............

Status
Not open for further replies.