day 2 - Marty Taupau

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
Two More Years for Taupau
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have taken another step towards shoring up their front row stocks with Marty Taupau signing a new two year deal with the Club.

A former Bulldogs Toyota Cup and Junior Kiwis captain, Marty has been part of the Bulldogs full time squad in each of the past two seasons after making his NRL debut whilst still Toyota Cup eligible back in 2010.

He has featured in three NRL games in 2012, including the Bulldogs round 15 win over St George Illawarra Dragons, taking his total of first grade appearances to seven since his debut in round five, 2010.

“The Bulldogs have been a big part of my life for a number of years now and I’m over the moon to be staying at the Club,” Taupau said.

“I’ve learnt a lot working with our coaching staff this year and it’s an honour to be involved with such a great team of players.

“I’m still growing as a player and as a person and I look forward to my football education continuing over the next two years.

“More than anything else I want to put in on the field for the Bulldogs, our Members and supporters.”

Born in Auckland, Taupau moved to Sydney as a youngster and represented the Bulldogs at both Harold Matthews Cup and SG Ball level. He was selected to play for the Australian Schoolboys out of Endeavour Sports High School in 2008.

He has been a member of two NSW Cup winning Bulldogs sides and represented NSW Residents in 2011. He was also a member of the Samoan train-on squad at the back end of 2010.

“Marty has a great deal of potential and I’m looking forward to his ongoing development over the next couple of seasons,” Bulldogs head coach Des Hasler said.

“He’s a popular member of the squad and I’m sure his contribution will continue to grow in the years to come.”

Taupau’s new deal will run over NRL seasons 2013-14.

MARTIN TAUPAU

Born: 03/02/1990, Auckland NZ
Junior Clubs: Greenacre Tigers, Padstow Panthers
Position: Prop
Height: 190cm
Weight: 105kg
Rep Honours: Captain, Junior Kiwis (2010); NSW Residents (2011)
Previous Clubs: Nil
NRL & Club Debut: V Warriors, ANZ Stadium, 10/04/2010 (Round 5)

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
Hmmmm someones been telling me lies that caught me off gaurd but still good to see

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Marty can get to his full potential, been a little dissapointed this year. but if any coach can do it, its Dasler.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been disappointed with his progress this year. Still needs work... No room for him in our current first grade team.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
agreed, though got a feeling give him those 2 years, he will fire.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
Been disappointed with his progress this year. Still needs work... No room for him in our current first grade team.
Des obviously see's something in him to want to keep him signed hopefully under des' development he will get better

Bonzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully Marty can get to his full potential, been a little dissapointed this year. but if any coach can do it, its Dasler.
Very true, he hasnt played to his potential this year, however he will get better in time.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
and what lies were they?
Got told from someone that it was going to be different player getting re signed, anyway doesnt matter still a good re-signing imo

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could have easily spat the dummy and signed elsewhere, chosen to stay and prove to us just how good he actually is, stoked.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Good to see we are trying to keep local talented juniors

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taupau, Jackson and Finucane have been all re-signed till end of 2014 like 2-3 weeks ago.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would have defintely had offers from other clubs. I wonder when we'll see the best of him. Des must see something in him he wants and we might see him included when Des gets his team sorted (as well as when Marty hits some form).

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Before he was injured he was a battering ram! I think he is struggling with his confidence and returning from injury. He will come good!! I'm glad he is staying.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Tapau is a fine player and a great prospect. Des is not a coach who lets the polynesians play loose football. He has had success in instilling discipline into their play and making them conform to a game plan. Tapau was a great success in Toyota cup and last year in NRL playing free form football. Its not Des' way and I think Tapau will adapt. We have seen how good Des is with forwards both in Manly and at the Dogs. Marty will have no better chance to realise his potential than this and luckily he sees that too. I am convinced barring injury he will become one of the best forwards in the game. Des is building a dynasty!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed he's a junior kiwis captain, but represented Nsw residents. Who's he eligible for? NSW or NZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.