David Stagg - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

how long does stagg have left in his contract wondering if they will re-sign him now
i wouldnt re sign him on big dollars, we have some great backrowers coming through the grades who play the exact same game as Stagg.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Playing same. Solid, defensive warhouse.

Where has his ballplaying and offloading gone though? I was watching '09 footage and his attack has really deteriorated since.
Coaching.

His role has changed considerably.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
played his best game this season v parra good to see him get away afew offloads

gf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would like to see him let some of the other forwards get the ball in attack. We need a little more quality then quantity.

G

Gladiator.

Would like to see him let some of the other forwards get the ball in attack. We need a little more quality then quantity.
Well its not his fault, the halves aren't setting any other forward up.

gf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well its not his fault, the halves aren't setting any other forward up.
Agreed. It's like only pass to Tolman, Ryan, Stagg. We talk of all the attacking forwards we have yet don't give them the ball. Stagg is a defensive forward.

dedezy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I love Stagg but i think the workhorse tag has killed him.

He is a very good ball runner and even ball player a bit wider of the ruck during his times in Brisbane and in 2009 and in attack he is not used effectively, I can't point the finger at Stagg for being pedestrian and not getting involved because that's not his way... must be orders coming from higher up for him not to play wider.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Stagg has been very disappointing lately, he just does not do enough with the ball and is taking up space in attack, yeh he can tackle but I think that aspect of the game is over rated as not every team needs a guy making 50 tackles a game. I think with him going to the bench, he has become even less effective and may not have a future with us. I've heard he is being shopped around as the club wants to secure the young backrowers coming through who are being chased. I like Stagg but I don't think he should stick around

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish we had more like him. I love watching him play.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stagg has been very disappointing lately, he just does not do enough with the ball and is taking up space in attack, yeh he can tackle but I think that aspect of the game is over rated as not every team needs a guy making 50 tackles a game. I think with him going to the bench, he has become even less effective and may not have a future with us. I've heard he is being shopped around as the club wants to secure the young backrowers coming through who are being chased. I like Stagg but I don't think he should stick around
agreed

for my reckoning the difference between warburton and stagg is minimal

stagg can **** me at times as well when a play is on and there is an overlap he can sometimes just take the tackle for no good reason

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
theres no need to rush stagg back give him a week in nsw cup, why break a winning formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.