David Klemmer, Moses Mbye have expressed their desire to be Bulldogs for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WHAT does Canterbury mean to rising stars David Klemmer and Moses Mbye?

For Klemmer it means negotiating a rich new four-year deal worth over $2 million without a manager.

For Mbye, it’s the decision to sign-on until 2020 for less money than what he could’ve secured elsewhere.

Ahead of Sunday’s important clash with the Sydney Roosters at ANZ Stadium, Bulldogs fans have plenty to cheer about with the blue-chip duo finally putting pen to paper, following protracted negotiations, to contracts which will keep them at Belmore for the next four years.

Both Mbye, the dynamic playmaker and Klemmer, who will be named in the NSW front-row, now plan to not only repay the faith of the Bulldogs hierarchy, but show why they both desire to finish their careers in the blue and white.

“With this deal it’s given me an opportunity to really sink my teeth in and truly believe that I will be a one club player,’’ Mbye told The Sunday Telegraph.

“It’s a credit to the club to put faith in myself and Klemmer. At our age, it’s good for us and we’re looking to really repay them.

“There was obviously plenty of interest elsewhere, I had a fair few options there.

David Klemmer and Moses Mbye have both re-signed big deals with the Dogs. Picture: Tim Hunter.
“But it’s the structures that are in place at the club, the professionalism of the club, it’s how they’ve treated me, how they’ve given me an opportunity and I feel like I really owe it to them.

“When it came down to the crunch, it was a no-brainer.’’

For Klemmer, this contract is something surreal, or as he calls it “a dream come true.’’

The negotiation phase hit a snag when halfway through intense talks, Klemmer severed ties with his agent.

Unfazed, the 22-year-old showed maturity and perseverance to haggle with Canterbury’s seasoned and street-smart powerbrokers including coach Des Hasler, chairman Ray Dibb and CEO Raelene Castle, to receive a long-term deal some players would pay their agents double to secure.

“Me and my manager split halfway through and so I had to go out and do it on my own,’’ Klemmer said.

“I didn’t want to leave and so I spoke to the club and they were really accommodating of me.’’

Asked if he intended on appointing an agent in the future, Klemmer replied: “I’m not too sure, I’ve got people in place to help me with my financial stuff and with this one, I discussed it with my family and my partner and her old man also helped me out.’’

Signed by the Dogs at the age of 15, Klemmer still recalls wearing his Canterbury supporters jersey to games at the Sydney Showground.

David Klemmer and Moses Mbye have both re-signed big deals with the Dogs. Picture: Tim Hunter.
From the stands he would watch club legends Steve Price and Mark O’Meley thunder into the opposition.

It planted a seed in the boy from Fairfield’s mind.

“What they did in the game, in the front-row, was amazing,’’ Klemmer said.

“I’m trying to make my own destiny but also trying to live up to the standards of what they have set in the game. To do something similar, words can’t describe.

“Winning a premiership with the Dogs is at the top of my list.

“I’ve always said to my missus (partner Chloe) if I win one, don’t bother getting me a wedding ring because I’ll be wearing the grand final ring.’’

Great to see both players commit long term, now only for Jackson and Rona to re sign.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer, get an agent mate. As much as I love this club, they are still your employer and if you stop producing, they'll scrap heap you.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yahoo 8-)

Reactions: DT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They are certainly taking there time. Would be nice to have Klemmer, Mbye and Jacko all sign on, get through origin period and go on a nice winning streak with no outside distractions

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Peak Klemmer:

“I’ve always said to my missus (partner Chloe) if I win one, don’t bother getting me a wedding ring because I’ll be wearing the grand final ring.’’

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They are certainly taking there time. Would be nice to have Klemmer, Mbye and Jacko all sign on, get through origin period and go on a nice winning streak with no outside distractions
2 outta 3 ain't bad!!! Love their passion for the club but especially from Klemmer. They have talked the talk now it is time to repay the club like they have both said they are so desperate to do!!!!

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news indeed!
So hopefully we dropped the Des clause bs in favour of the club and what it means to be a Bulldog.

Like what Mbye said about the club having faith in them at an early age.
True - the club has invested big belief in these two young guys.
True they've earned it - but there is a lot for them to do - especially Mbye.

Now, give us the good news on Jacko!

Next, its 'who is partnering Mbye in the halves?' and we're getting serious
Add a 'number 1' (Morris to the wing, Hoppa in the centres).
Not convinced we have our number 9 yet.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with the clubs culture after all, loyal and subservient .

We don't seem to have a problem keeping players just bringing them over.

Last edited:

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer, get an agent mate. As much as I love this club, they are still your employer and if you stop producing, they'll scrap heap you.
I love yah bro but Klemmer stop producing? Its not in his DNA he will give 150% for life. Soon a club legend. In 2016 only player i haven't criticised. Old skool dog for sure.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at Klemmer quote " don’t bother getting me a wedding ring because I’ll be wearing the grand final ring "

Klemmers my favourite current player
Spot on mate.
Love the champion visualisation - he can SEE the Gf ring on his finger.
I'll reckon he (we) will get that soon for sure.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with the clubs culture after all(If theses guys are anything to go by,) loyal and subservient .

We don't seem to have a problem keeping players just bringing them over.
Spot on club seems to have a fantastic culture. Kudos to des. Although game plan is a talking point but with Trex gone and Garvey bench i'm slightly optimistic.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Des just needs to go back in time now and cut Williams instead of Pritchard.

Status
Not open for further replies.