News David Fifita detained in Bali

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brisbane Broncos star forward David Fifita, the game’s so-called million dollar man, has been locked up in a Bali jail cell after allegations of an early morning brawl today at a Bali nightspot.

Fifita was visited this morning at Kuta police station, where he has been held since his arrest in the early hours of this morning, by team mate Payne Haas, who is understood to be holidaying in Bali with Fifita and was with him last night.

The alleged assault on a security guard occurred at the La Favela nightclub in Seminyak, the scene of another brawl last month involving Melbourne Storm’s Nelson Asofa-Solomona who was not charged but was banned by the NRL for three tests after video of the violent incident circulated on social media.

David Fifita in Bali police station Credit: Supplied
Fifita, who has played three Origins for Queensland and is said to be worth up to $1milllion a season, with up to 10 NRL clubs keen to sign him, has not yet been named as a suspect as he is yet to be interrogated by police. Under Indonesian law, Fifita can be held in custody for 24 hours before being named as a suspect or freed.

Lawyer Muhammad Rifan, from Bali law firm, Austrindo, which has recently represented a string of Australians locked up and on trial in Bali, has just turned up at Kuta police station.

David Fafita of the Broncos during the Elimination Final between the Brisbane Broncos and the St George-Illawarra Dragons in Week 1 of the NRL Finals Series at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Sunday, September 9, 2018. Credit: DAVE HUNT/AAPIMAGE
Kuta police general crime unit chief, Putu Ika Prabawa, today said it was alleged that about 1.50am a security guard at La Favela was on duty in the back parking area of the club when he was hit in the face by a foreigner.

Putu said it was alleged that when the victim, Dani Irawan, was using his mobile phone he was suddenly hit in the face by a bule or foreigner who had been on a motorbike taxi, known as an ojek.

“The perpetrator jumped from the motorbike and tried to approach the victim, but was prevented by ojek driver,” a police chronology of the event says.

“The victim felt pain in his face and made a report at Kuta police station.

“Based on report, police went to the crime scene, asking witnesses and the victim. A bule (foreigner) that was allegedly the perpetrator was arrested.

“The perpetrator was taken to Kuta police station for further investigation.

"The alleged perpetrator could not be interrogated yet as he is still under the influence of alcohol.”

The Kuta police chief, Teuku Ricki Fadlianshah, told 7news.com.au that Fifita was arrested at the scene by police personnel on duty around the troubled nightspot.

“So the alleged perpetrator was nabbed straight away and taken to the police station,” Teuku said.

“Witnesses said that he hit La Favela’s security. An ojek driver tried to separate them and he tried to hit the security again.”

Teuku said the reason for the alleged attack was still under investigation.

“It is still being investigated. Based on witnesses the perpetrator spontaneously hit the security without any reason.

“But we are still facing difficulties to interrogate him.”

Teuku said it was still being investigated as to whether there was an earlier problem inside La Favela which preceded the incident.

“We have 24 hours to name him as a suspect. We are still investigating the case. Once we get at least two pieces of evidence we will name him as a suspect,” Teuku said.

He said the evidence would include a witness statement and a medical report.

Teuku said any charges would depend on the medical report and whether the alleged victim had suffered minor or severe injuries.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...ined-in-bali-over-an-alleged-assault-c-548627

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeeeeeah boy that Fifita dickhead gene runs deep..

I’m still confused as to why the Bulldogs are not to blame for this but hopefully that comes out in due course. Good for the papers and that..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
These guys are so dumb seriously

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reported on the NRL website:

David Fifita arrested over Bali nightclub incident
Sat 9 Nov 2019, 04:12 PM
Brisbane Broncos and Queensland Origin star David Fifita has been arrested in Bali after an incident at a nightclub.

Channel 7 reported Fifita was arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning. It is alleged Fifita was involved in an altercation at La Favela in Seminyak, the same club where Storm prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona was involved in an altercation last month that resulted in a three-match ban.

The Broncos are working closely with the NRL Integrity Unit over the matter.

"The Brisbane Broncos have today been made aware that David Fifita has been detained by authorities in Bali after an alleged incident involving a security guard," the Broncos said in a statement on Saturday.

"The club is working with representatives in Bali to provide David all the supporting he needs, and a Broncos official is travelling to Indonesia today.

"The club will provide more updates as information becomes available."

Fifita played all three State of Origin matches for Queensland this season and was named captain of the Junior Kangaroos. He was denied a potential call-up to the Australian Test side after suffering a fractured eye socket against France two weeks ago.

The 19-year-old second-rower comes off contract at the end of the 2020 season and is one of the most highly sought-after players on the market for 2021.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why are you tagging me?

There are plenty of players I'd like to recruit before Fifita. This doesn't turn me off him at all tho if it came to it. Latrell's the big one for me so I think you're confused?

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why are you tagging me?

There are plenty of players I'd like to recruit before Fifita. This doesn't turn me off him at all tho if it came to it. Latrell's the big one for me so I think you're confused?
Cause i wanna hear your thoughts on how much he is worth?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
heard not much in it, more along the lines of hes a high profile person, he will pay what ever we say to clear his name

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe people from certain ethnic backgrounds shouldn't drink alcohol seems they make up 90% of off field incidents. Not trying to be racist but it's just not in their blood.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cause i wanna hear your thoughts on how much he is worth?
Exactly the same as Latrell, 700k. We'd have to pay 900k-1m. If another club (almost every club) comes in with the same offer we're not getting him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bout time Todd made Bali off limits to players lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not good, doesn’t surprise though..!!!

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
It's OK Todd Greenberg will give a glowing reference and as only seems fair pay his fine, and Bulldogs will be fined $250000 to compensate for the NRL's losses due to Adam Elliott suggesting to Fifita that Bali rocks.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing to see here, he didn't terrorise an entire family by bashing the father whilst his kids were watching! Fifita will be ok!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nothing to see here, he didn't terrorise an entire family by bashing the father whilst his kids were watching! Fifita will be ok!
Even they you'd be okay. Just a couple of years out of the game.