Status
Not open for further replies.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Public plea over gang rape
David Braithwaite
August 9, 2006 - 9:08AM

Police have defended a two-month delay in alerting the public to the violent gang rape of a young woman in a toilet block on a busy night in Darling Harbour.

The 19-year-old woman was attacked by four men on Thursday June 8 about 6.30pm in public toilets near the Chinese Gardens at the western end of Liverpool Street, police said.

The woman was on Darling Walk when approached by five men, who struck up a conversation with her and allegedly lured her into a female toilet, police said.

Four men violently sexually assaulted the woman, taunting her and threatening her, while a fifth man stood lookout over the Thursday-night passers-by, police said.

Thousands of people were in the Darling Harbour precinct that night for a sold-out Split Enz concert.

Police said the public were not alerted to the sex attack earlier because it would have "adversely impacted" a "very protracted investigation".

"A lot of avenues have been covered in depth," City Central police crime manager Detective Inspector John Alt told reporters this morning.

"We believe that this stage is the appropriate time to go public and seek the assistance of the public in our investigation."

Mr Alt would not provide details of the "cowardly and brazen" attack, only that it went on "over a shortened time frame".

He would not confirm reports it lasted up to an hour or explain how she was "lured" into the toilet block.

"How they got the lady there is also part of our investigation," he said.

Detectives believed the attack was an isolated incident, Mr Alt said.

Darling Harbour was a well-lit, heavily populated area and there was no cause for extra public concern, he said.

After the attack, the men stole the woman's mobile phone before fleeing towards the entertainment centre.

The woman ran from the toilet block and raised the alarm before being taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for treatment, police said.

She was recovering well after the incident, Mr Alt said.

"She was the victim of a sexual attack and that for anyone is an absolutely traumatic incident to go through,'' he said.

Four of the men being sought were dressed in similar white overalls, suggesting they may be work mates.

Police are investigating whether the men were tradesmen, Mr Alt said.

Several of the men were carrying backpacks, one of them described as yellow and black.

Anyone with information can call City Central police on 9265 6499 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's f*king horrific isn't it? Bunch of cowards. I hope they get caught and I hope THEY get gang raped in jail.....

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
F*** I hate cnuts like that!

Eye for an eye I always say, you rape a girl, you should be raped by a big black guy called Bubba!

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that non-consensual sex is ever right or justified in any way shape or form (unless you are role playing - if that is your thing... freako) and society should get "Mediavel on the ass" of any convicted offenders...

BUT this kind of thing always leads me to wonder:
"The woman was on Darling Walk when approached by five men, who struck up a conversation with her and allegedly lured her into a female toilet, police said"

How the hell could any sane young female be lured into a toilet by 5 hoods?

There may be more to *this* story, but this wouldn't be the first time I have questioned how a woman has found herself in this kind of comprimising situation!

D

D0ggyStylz

dvsbastard said:
Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that non-consensual sex is ever right or justified in any way shape or form (unless you are role playing - if that is your thing... freako) and society should get "Mediavel on the ass" of any convicted offenders...

BUT this kind of thing always leads me to wonder:
"The woman was on Darling Walk when approached by five men, who struck up a conversation with her and allegedly lured her into a female toilet, police said"

How the hell could any sane young female be lured into a toilet by 5 hoods?

There may be more to *this* story, but this wouldn't be the first time I have questioned how a woman has found herself in this kind of comprimising situation!
Stupidity on her part.

Chop em off I say! make sure they can't do it again.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Its absolutely disgusting. Sickening infact.

DVS the part about luring her into a public toilet is the way the media put it too. Its possible she was freaked out and had no idea what to do and didnt wanna get these guys angry. She might have played along thinking she'd eventually get away from them until it was too late.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny Warren said:
Stupidity on her part.

Chop em off I say! make sure they can't do it again.
I am all for the reintroduction of corporal punishment!

Bring back public hangings - but this time, BY THE BALLS!

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
DVS the part about luring her into a public toilet is the way the media put it too. Its possible she was freaked out and had no idea what to do and didnt wanna get these guys angry. She might have played along thinking she'd eventually get away from them until it was too late.
True, true... I have actually read a few different versions of the events in several publications which are all very different for this case.

What I am more referring to is previous incidents of gang rape where the victim has been the one to put themselves into the comprimising situation (and this is without question)... The current case may or may not fall into that catagory (as there hasn't really been enough said).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the CCTV pic of the footage of the people in question:

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
This is a disgusting act... and the perpetrators deserve all that they get... DISGUSTING AND WRONG... :( :(

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
Mrs.Maitua said:
It's f*king horrific isn't it? Bunch of cowards. I hope they get caught and I hope THEY get gang raped in jail.....
from what i have heard... ******s get belted in jail! they are the least licked people in jail

bloody as$wholes hope they die!!!!

they should bring back capital punishment

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wolfpac said:
fthey are the least licked people in jail
Depends on what your into, I would think being the "least licked" in jail is actually a good thing!

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That place is not far from my uni. I go there sometimes on my break.

That is scary.

But I see where dvs is comming from, how did they lure her to the toilet?

She's a grown woman, it's not like they offered her candy

D

D0ggyStylz

In some cases it is plain stupidity on the part of the female. But that does not give anyone the right to do what these animals did!

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny Warren said:
In some cases it is plain stupidity on the part of the female. But that does not give anyone the right to do what these animals did!
Of course not! But sometimes it is unbelievable the situations these girls put themselves in!

As a guy I have been in many situations with girls which have made me think to myself "this girl is either damn trusting, or completely naive"... Lucky for them most of us don't have genuinely bad intentions... And I am sure most guys agree...

D

D0ggyStylz

dvsbastard said:
Of course not! But sometimes it is unbelievable the situations these girls put themselves in!

As a guy I have been in many situations with girls which have made me think to myself "this girl is either damn trusting, or completely naive"... Lucky for them most of us don't have genuinely bad intentions... And I am sure most guys agree...
Agree totally and whole heartedly!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Gang Rape: Man Charged
Les Kennedy
August 9, 2006, 4:02pm
Source: SMH.com.au

A 25-year-old man has been charged over the gang rape of a teenager at one of Sydney's most popular tourist precincts.

The man, of Lurnea in Sydney's west, walked into Bankstown police station with a friend this morning.

He is being charged with aggravated sexual assault in company and will appear at Bankstown court tomorrow.

Police are still looking for four men over the incident.

The 19-year-old Sydney woman was attacked after being approached by five men as she walked along Darling Walk, at Darling Harbour, on June 8 about 6.30pm.

Four of the men allegedly raped the girl in the toilets near the Chinese Gardens at the end of Liverpool Street, while the fifth man acted as a lookout.

Crisis centre reports weekly gang attacks

David Braithwaite reports: The NSW Rape Crisis Centre manager Karen Willis said the service received one to two calls every week from women traumatised by a gang rape.

Most multiple rapes occur at social occasions and women are likely to know the ******s, she said today.

"We get one to two calls a week from women that have been gang raped," she said.

"Most of the gang rapes that women talk to us about are at parties or other environments where they know the perpetrators.

"The perpetrators might be friends, work colleagues or part of their social group.

"About 70 per cent of perpetrators in rapes are well-known to the women, and gang rapes by strangers are uncommon."

Research showed the men who gang raped the woman at Darling Harbour might not be first offenders, Ms Willis said.

"Generally, it's rare to find someone who commits this kind of crime as a one-off offence," she said.

"Most of the research says sexual offenders don't commit their most horrific activities first-off.

"This would potentially indicate there are other victims of this group out there.

"It also means there might be other men who would be aware of their activities.

"This is because they might be skiting or they're trying to recruit into the group."

Almost 9500 sexual and indecent assaults a year were reported to NSW Police, but this was thought to account for just 20 per cent of cases, Ms Willis said.

"Gang rapes are often not reported - it's quite often young women, 14, 15, 16-years-old at a party," she said.

"A lot of the calls we get are from people saying 'I have to go to school and sit in the same school room as this person, how am I going to do that?'

"Or, 'I've got to work with them, or go to the same social venue and see them again.'

"So as well the impact psychologically, it can have educational and career impacts as well."

The NSW Rape Crisis Centre's 24-hour counselling service can be accessed by calling 1800 424 017 or online at http://www.nswrapecrisis.com.au.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Glad to see one is caught... now get the other 4 ****heads off the streets and give them the whatfor... no one should have to go through this ever... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.