Danny Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would have been a bargain buy so I'm not worried about the cash or saving it for 09.

He would have came over more for an opportunity.

At least give him a shot. You never know how he might turn out.

Siggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Williams was used by Anderson off the bench late in games to do a few tackles and hardly any hitups. When Fittler came in I don't think he played another game. I suspect he has known for some time he was on the way out.

We have a lot of young forwards coming through and their managers/family will be telling them that a big year in 2008 for a bulldogs club without a salary cap headache could set up their careers.

Opportunity beckons for all these guys, the ones who are aiming for origin selection and potential 300k+ contracts within two years are players like Te Maari, Cleal and Kouparitsas. The young guns like Clark, Barba, Mason Pure, Luke Thompson and Tamati Nathan are dreaming of 200k+ contracts within a year or two. For any player who delivers, the salary cap won't be the issue (like it has been in the past).

Management won't be talking up any big name signings. They will want the young guys to stay hungry and focused and feeling like they only have to perform to succeed. If they think they're going to be ambushed by a big name signing or that they won't fit in under the salary cap then they won't do that extra lap at training or that one last hit up.

The Williams signing fits into that strategy.

DOGG STIEL

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isnt Danny williams the guy that King Hit a player a few years back and got suspended for 12 months ???? Are you telling me we signed that guy???

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive nevr seen him play...why r we buyin em from the roosters anyway

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he's another kane cleal, not big enough for the front row, not mobile or creative enough for the backrow

-313-

ive nevr seen him play...why r we buyin em from the roosters anyway
to Turn them into champions,

Look the rosters had their chance with this guy and they could not bring the best out of him, well that's not a surprise. Just think how great will it be when we turn this ordinary player into a rep player.

And if anything else fails, well he is a william after all, so he can not be that bad.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How is the pec going koups?
lol speaking of koups I saw him at the canterbury leagues gym the other day with nathan dib (who I think has started working there). Was doing all the weight machines with one arm

R

rooster.man

Man, will you Doggies stop pinching all our bloody players?! :p

R

rooster.man

Seriously, barely even saw this guy play, don't think he'll be a major loss. Maybe the Dogs can turn him into something, but I dunno. Seems like a pretty average first grader to me. Will get some more time at the Dogs this year though. A good career move for him. I wish him all the best.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

he will be eager to do well the roosters always work over their players. they tried to ditch myles also he would not be happy with that considering they chased and chased him only a year ago.

Bring on Robbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roosters re-sign debutant Danny WilliamsThursday, June 7, 2007
Rookie forward Danny Williams has today re-signed with the Sydney Roosters until 2009.

Williams, 20, will make his NRL debut this weekend against the North Queensland Cowboys having previously played in the QLD Under 19’s team and Junior Kangaroos in 2005.

Originally from Mackay, Williams joined the Roosters in 2004 as a 17-year-old and his contract extension is in line with the Club’s ongoing youth policy.

“It is very exciting to sign a new contract with the club in the 100th year and in the same week as making my NRL debut. I can’t wait to run out this weekend against the Cowboys,” said Williams.

Roosters CEO, Brian Canavan said, “The re-signing of Danny is great news and furthers the club’s strategy to secure our exciting young talent:o

Club's Strategy! The only strategy they have in place is to circle the Bulldogs and approach our estabished players because they don't have the time or work ethic to developed juniors. As for our signing of Danny Williams I had the pleasure of meeting Arthur Beetson on the weekend who was up here in Central Queensland for a Club Fundraiser and sportsmen night, Arthur spoke highly of Danny and with the record the Dogs have at producing great forwards the move to the Dogs will only benefit Dannys career. By the way Artie & Tom Terriffic where great value.

Status
Not open for further replies.