Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Successful? We finished in the top two after limping passed most teams then we failed in the finals like the dragons... If thats success then clubs like the dragons and eels are extremley succesful, The tigers flogged us in the last round, Then we beat a weakend knights side and parra sent us home so much success.
we finished second and should have had a minor premiership if not for a bad call against the dragons i think that effort is even more amazing considering how much over the cap the storm were. so dont rubbish the effort we made last season. As for parra they have had our number for a while plus they were in red hot form they beat the dragons twice too so i cant complain about how we went out. They were the team playing the best football at the time and we lost our momentum due to kimmorleys injury. With a little more luck we could have gone further in the finals series.

Christian

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The point is that we would look stupid,deperate whatever if we signed Mason. It sends a message that you can treat the Club as you like but that's ok cos once it all settles we will take you back. That is the softest attitude ever. Mason is almost broken so why revisit the sordid past with someone who has maybe two years in him.If that. Get real and keep our pride in tact ffs.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The point is that we would look stupid,deperate whatever if we signed Mason.
I reckon it would look more like Mason came crawling back tbh. He's career has been a massive rollercoaster ever since he left us.

C

chipandchase

we dont need or want Mason, what a step back imo
he is past his best, we are not his retirement fund

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But what we do need is leadership up front. Mason can bring this.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
At this point id take back any 2004 player that wants to come home
lol. Gee up.

Half of them are retired or past it and only about 2 or 3 can still play worth a damn

reminder to you nuffs

2004 WAS 6 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Before dismissing Mason, have guys watched him play this year? He has had his best year in 3 years and is injury free. Id take him back.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to go forward not back.
Mason is a short term fix and with no disrespect to Kimmorley, would only gives us maybe a year of good service.
Forget him and move on.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
SBW ITEM SETS DOGS GROWLING
MY ITEM last weekend about the Dogs being happy to let Andrew Ryan and Luke Patten move on to chase big dollars overseas touched a nerve - they were two of the players who bagged Sonny Bill Williams for walking out of the club. Here are text messages from the players. Patten: ''Thanks for the spray in your column today, might want to research the facts next time. I've got a third-year option and have always been up front with them. I bagged Sonny for the way he did things not what he did. Stick to writing about Mundine, Mason and Sonny if you are not gonna get ur facts right. Look forward to catching up at one of our training sessions soon.'' And from Ryan: ''Andrew Ryan here. I'm sure you have been expecting a message. General [Patten] and I have put our heart and soul into the Bulldogs and been thru a lot of hard time! For you to take a pot shots at us individually is a disgrace.''

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully one day soon a player will give Weidler a hiding. ****ing grub. How he has a job amazes me.

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Weedler likes headlines, even at the expense of himself. Well done to the general & Ryan to give some back

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
lol. Gee up.

Half of them are retired or past it and only about 2 or 3 can still play worth a damn

reminder to you nuffs

2004 WAS 6 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a lot of talent from the 2004 premiers still around.

Leaving aside Mason and the even more controversial SBW, I bet the 2010 Dogs wouldn't be in spoon contention with Thurston, Asotasi and Willie Tonga on the playing roster.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
MY ITEM last weekend about the Dogs being happy to let Andrew Ryan and Luke Patten move on to chase big dollars overseas touched a nerve - they were two of the players who bagged Sonny Bill Williams for walking out of the club. Here are text messages from the players. Patten: ''Thanks for the spray in your column today, might want to research the facts next time. I've got a third-year option and have always been up front with them. I bagged Sonny for the way he did things not what he did. Stick to writing about Mundine, Mason and Sonny if you are not gonna get ur facts right. Look forward to catching up at one of our training sessions soon.'' And from Ryan: ''Andrew Ryan here. I'm sure you have been expecting a message. General [Patten] and I have put our heart and soul into the Bulldogs and been thru a lot of hard time! For you to take a pot shots at us individually is a disgrace.''
applauds this response!! good for them defending themselves!!!!

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SBW just walked out, these guys are not just waliking out - they are doing it in a proffessional and respectful manner.

B

bahadogg

SBW just walked out, these guys are not just waliking out - they are doing it in a proffessional and respectful manner.
its not that they want to walk out the club wants them to go otherwise they would have made them stay for next season already

Status
Not open for further replies.