Dangerous Tackles = OK, Tripping = Not OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We all watched the game on the weekend and I'm sure we can all agree that the Sam Perrett try was a clearly dangerous tackle.

Definitely lifted above the horizontal, and at the time not even placed on report by the NZ referee Henry Perenara.

However, even the MRC committee have overlooked this dangerous tackle, YET, have charged Tim Browne with a Grade 1 Tripping offence.

Somehow in the warped world of the MRC, tripping is considered more dangerous than a repeat of the Alex McKinnon neck injury.

If ever you needed proof the NRL are one sided, here it is.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally with you - blatant / obvious / 100% lifted above horizontal.
Not a murmur from MRC - maybe they could be honest with us and change the name to BRC (Bulldogs Review Committee).

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We all watched the game on the weekend and I'm sure we can all agree that the Sam Perrett try was a clearly dangerous tackle.

Definitely lifted above the horizontal, and at the time not even placed on report by the NZ referee Henry Perenara.

However, even the MRC committee have overlooked this dangerous tackle, YET, have charged Tim Browne with a Grade 1 Tripping offence.

Somehow in the warped world of the MRC, tripping is considered more dangerous than a repeat of the Alex McKinnon neck injury.

If ever you needed proof the NRL are one sided, here it is.
Didn't parra get off for the same charge?

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I honestly don't care for all these conspiracy theories all I want is our team to play decent football. Halves to play as halves, forwards to play as forwards, a coach who can use a bench and a hooker that can pass and not run like my grand mother. We are coached appallingly and have to many passengers in our team. I'd like this addressed before worrying about dumb ass Tim Browne being charged for a act of stupidity.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Browne may have got away with it because he had a hand on the player when he stuck his leg out

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was anyone else thinking possible 8 point try??
I was and it should have been if the officials had followed the letter of the law. As we all know however they seem to pick and chose exactly when to penalize and when not to. Tony Williams was pulled up for a lifting tackle in our game vs. the Raiders for a far more benign effort than the one on Sam Perrett. Of course the raiders were awarded a penalty near the posts and in kicking distance allowing Croker to convert and send the raiders to a 14 point lead. Goes directly to lack of consistency.

I have not re-watched the game yet but I am pretty sure that Tim Browne had a fairly decent grip of the Warriors players jersey meaning even if he did extend his leg under the rules it could not be construed as a trip.I will stand corrected however if I am mistaken.

It was also quite enlightening listening to the Fox Sports team speak about the inconsistencies and also to make comment at great length about the number of players staying don to await a video review for even the merest of contact around the shoulders, neck and head.

Can I ask what Mr Archer thought of the incident?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The MRC is just there to justify ref decisions

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
the moment that happened i said "shouldn't be a penalty, there was enough hand as isaac de gois who wasn't cited or penalised"

the doctrine of precedent is only a significant legal concept from which the common law system we use in our courts is derived, no biggie in the nrl kangaroo court

Status
Not open for further replies.