Dally M awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How are the individual positions awarded? Clearly not on points.

Ennis was in the top ten, but had alot of other players to compete with in our team which shows why we are the only team with two players in the top ten.

Farrah had practically no competition in his team, but does that mean he was the best in his position. Just saying...
i think your explanation makes no sense at all... on your logic kimmorley would have got hb of the year because he had more "competition" from his team. But in reality thurston won hb of the year, he also finished on more points than noddy.

In every position, the player that received the positional award was also the highest on the dally m points... so it seems that this was a bit of an anomoly.
I think it makes perfect sense. Maybe i should have explained myself a little better. I'll put it in dot point for you as you have clearly misread my post. You have actually confused me and I dont even understand your explanation of what you think i said tbh.

. Ennis and Kimmorley both polled in the top ten - to me this means we are not a one man team, and the points for our games were clearly spread around quite evenly, not even just between these two, there were days when random players in our team pulled out spectacular performances and claimed the dally m points for the game. Quite often Kimmorley or Ennis would have been on even par with the players that recieved points and just missed out.

. Farrah polled higher than Ennis, but IMO this is because within his team there is no real competition for Dally M points in a game. The Tigers overall are not an exceptional team.

. Maybe Kimmorley would've polled higher than Thurston based on the same logic as the first post

Btw it was a question about how the players are selected in those positions, not a statement.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Dally M's are a stupid system. They don't really reward the best and most consistent player all season. Instead they reward good players within dud teams.

E.G Lockyer one of the best players ever I don't think has even come close to winning before, in 2006 Lockyer was unbelievable in every way and didn't even come close. This is because he was competing with Hunt, Hodges, Webcke, Berrigan, Tate, etc for the points where as Johns who won it 3 times, well he was basically apart from Buderus a one man team so the points for him were easy to get, Thurston is the same thing, dud team standout player, easy points to be achieved.

A 3-2-1 points system will never really award the best and most consistent player, Hayne deserved the Dally M medal based on the points system but in reality he was not the best player throughout the season, Kimmorely has been outstanding for every game, not the last 7 and he was 10 points off which further proves my point that the best players don't really get rewarded. If Kimmorely joined a dud team he would of probably got Dally M if he had the same form.

100% Warriors

THANKS HAZ!
Reaction score
Dally M's are a stupid system. They don't really reward the best and most consistent player all season. Instead they reward good players within dud teams.

E.G Lockyer one of the best players ever I don't think has even come close to winning before, in 2006 Lockyer was unbelievable in every way and didn't even come close. This is because he was competing with Hunt, Hodges, Webcke, Berrigan, Tate, etc for the points where as Johns who won it 3 times, well he was basically apart from Buderus a one man team so the points for him were easy to get, Thurston is the same thing, dud team standout player, easy points to be achieved.

A 3-2-1 points system will never really award the best and most consistent player, Hayne deserved the Dally M medal based on the points system but in reality he was not the best player throughout the season, Kimmorely has been outstanding for every game, not the last 7 and he was 10 points off which further proves my point that the best players don't really get rewarded. If Kimmorely joined a dud team he would of probably got Dally M if he had the same form.
Turning into Btrain, I see

:p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.