Dale Finucane

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Eastwood has got that fat you cant even see his eyes anymore and his lazy half hearted efforts in defense shit me no end same as his lazy attempts at holding the ball (maybe they should paint a cheese burger on the ball),

I was pissed when they move Dale on and I still am he was better than Fatwood, She-rex, Browne, loud Parrot & "I am Four" ......then again so was Frank and he got the arse as well

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you were Dale would you really want to come back to a coach that said you weren't good enough to start?
Nice call Spoonman84. A lot has been said about our failure in recruiting and retention.

But really, what player manager who has a stand out player with ability in attack and defence let Hasler get hold of that player to 1) ruin that player's career and 2) ruin the manager's income flow.

At the Bulldogs its Hasler and his camp folowers who have to go first. We might then be at ground zero but at least we will have stopped going down. Yes... it will take a lot of mental toughness to rebuild but part of the Bulldogs culture is to come back better after the train wreck has been cleared away.

Malla

Reaction score
No, just no. Feastwood was in no way better than Finucane back then, i clearly remember how frustrated i was when the club stupidly released him while holding onto bludgers like Feastwood.

I think it's cute how you want to call Finucane butter fingers considering Eastwood made more errors than him back in Finucane's final season at the club in 2014. Eastwood average was at .4 compared to Finucane's .3. The number may be small but it calls you out on your garbage claim.

A quick look at some other stats refresh my memory on how much work Finucane got through for us while Eastwood would sit back and bludge so he could stay fresh and look good when he took his next run every couple of sets.

Finucane played an average of 36.1 minutes a game while Eastwood played 45.5 minutes. Yet Finucane made more metres (108.3 - 90.3), made more tackles (24.8 - 22.6) and missed less tackles (1.3 - 1.5) per game. Eastwood had the better looking attacking stats, but reallyy that should be expected considering how little work he done back then and still does today.

Finucane was fine back then and would of been great for us today (depending on desball bs). It would mean we would actually have a REAL LOCK and not have to play props like Klemmer, Kasiano and Eastwood there. A forward pack built around Klemmer, Jackson and Finucane would have been amazing for us and much more suited to todays game, instead we made a mess of ut and paid big $$$ for players like Eastwood and Graham.
Loved the idea of Finucane at lock when I saw him coming through the ranks and played his first year in first grade. Pretty sure he was starting at lock a few games - he suited that position perfectly. Big motor. Great defender and hard runner. No nonsense type of player. Basically a bigger version of Grimaldi in my eyes. Eastwood was a fat **** who did not put the hard yards in, would only show up in spurts through the game where we were on the front foot already. Hate him. He needs to fuck off.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Well we just re-signed Eastwood until his last pube turns grey so we won't be looking for any young, mobile and versatile forwards anytime soon.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yep this should still be our starting forwards... tolman, rex, browne, perrett, eastwood all should have been let go before any of these blokes were at odds of walking... you can't even say in hindsight... its way to fucking obvious that these blokes are better and would have made our squad much more stable...
8. Klemmer
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Finucane
Taupau for graham

Status
Not open for further replies.