News (Daily Telegraph) It’s kiraz’s time to knock back bulldogs

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they were already in the process to extend him for 2 years.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, it's the manager attempting to inflate his value.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jacob Kiraz had given up on his dream of playing NRL for the Bulldogs.

“I have always thought that if I worked hard enough I would get to the NRL,” Kiraz said.

“But I didn’t think it would be with the Bulldogs. They never wanted me.”

In his first interview since storming onto the NRL scene with a showstopper against the Broncos in round 7, Kiraz, 20, revealed that his local club knocked him back not once but twice. The first blow came when he failed to make the Bulldogs Harold Matthews side.

“I just didn’t get picked,” Kiraz said.

“I didn’t even bother trailing for anyone else because I was sure I would be picked. I don’t know why because I thought I was good enough to make it.

“It was disappointing and I got a bit angry but I decided I would just work harder and make them pick me for the next team.”

But Kiraz did not make that team either. Despite being bigger, faster, and stronger, the young five-eighth was told he was not good enough to play SG Ball for the Bulldogs.

It was a heartbreaking blow for a lifelong Canterbury fan who had dreamt of emulating the feats of Hazem El Masri.

“I was a massive Bulldogs fan,” Kiraz said.

“I went to all the games. I loved them and that made me want to play footy even more. My family are all Doggies fans too. And of course Hazem was one of the favourite players. He was Lebanese and a great player so obviously he became an inspiration.

“I was only born in 2001 so I can’t remember much of him playing now but what he did was legendary in the family. They always talked about 2004 and the try he scored to help them win the premiership.

“So yeah, I thought it was a massive deal when I wasn’t picked.

“I took it hard. As a young kid you think you have to make all these teams to make the NRL.

But Kiraz did not give up on his NRL dream.

“My family encouraged me and told me that it didn’t matter,” Kiraz said.

“That it was just a setback. I was actually told that Josh Mansour never got picked for any representative sides. He was a St Johns junior like me and an NRL star so that gave me some motivation.”

Kiraz was given his shot when both the Dragons and the Roosters saw something in him that the Bulldogs did not.

I got picked in both the Dragons and Roosters SG Ball when I was 17 but I decided to play for the Dragons,” Kiraz said.

“And I am glad I did because they ended up switching me from a five-eigth to a centre and that’s when it all took off. It all kicked off from there.”

Kiraz’s dream of playing in the NRL was one step closer to becoming a reality when the Cowboys offered him a three-year deal.

“It was a great deal,” Kiraz said. “I was guaranteed a top 30 spot in the final year. I went up there really excited but that is when Covid kicked off.”

Kiraz was released from his deal to return home when the competition he was set to play in was cancelled. The Knights were quick to snap him up but that did not work out either.

“I actually walked away from a guaranteed full-time deal at the end of last year to take up a trial and train opportunity with the Bulldogs,” Kiraz said.

“I really didn’t think I would get an opportunity at the Knights so I came back to give it a shot.”

Fast forward six months and Kiraz has been offered a full-time deal with the club that rejected him twice after he starred for Canterbury after being plucked from obscurity to play for a Covid-hit Bulldogs team.

“Yeah, it is a bit surreal,” Kiraz said. “But I am in no rush to sign the deal. I just want to be patient and make sure I make the right decision.”

Kiraz’s manager Chris Haddad said his client would have to weigh up interest from other clubs with at least four rivals reported to be chasing the young centre.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacob Kiraz had given up on his dream of playing NRL for the Bulldogs.

“I have always thought that if I worked hard enough I would get to the NRL,” Kiraz said.

“But I didn’t think it would be with the Bulldogs. They never wanted me.”

In his first interview since storming onto the NRL scene with a showstopper against the Broncos in round 7, Kiraz, 20, revealed that his local club knocked him back not once but twice. The first blow came when he failed to make the Bulldogs Harold Matthews side.

“I just didn’t get picked,” Kiraz said.

“I didn’t even bother trailing for anyone else because I was sure I would be picked. I don’t know why because I thought I was good enough to make it.

“It was disappointing and I got a bit angry but I decided I would just work harder and make them pick me for the next team.”

But Kiraz did not make that team either. Despite being bigger, faster, and stronger, the young five-eighth was told he was not good enough to play SG Ball for the Bulldogs.

It was a heartbreaking blow for a lifelong Canterbury fan who had dreamt of emulating the feats of Hazem El Masri.

“I was a massive Bulldogs fan,” Kiraz said.

“I went to all the games. I loved them and that made me want to play footy even more. My family are all Doggies fans too. And of course Hazem was one of the favourite players. He was Lebanese and a great player so obviously he became an inspiration.

“I was only born in 2001 so I can’t remember much of him playing now but what he did was legendary in the family. They always talked about 2004 and the try he scored to help them win the premiership.

“So yeah, I thought it was a massive deal when I wasn’t picked.

“I took it hard. As a young kid you think you have to make all these teams to make the NRL.

But Kiraz did not give up on his NRL dream.

“My family encouraged me and told me that it didn’t matter,” Kiraz said.

“That it was just a setback. I was actually told that Josh Mansour never got picked for any representative sides. He was a St Johns junior like me and an NRL star so that gave me some motivation.”

Kiraz was given his shot when both the Dragons and the Roosters saw something in him that the Bulldogs did not.

I got picked in both the Dragons and Roosters SG Ball when I was 17 but I decided to play for the Dragons,” Kiraz said.

“And I am glad I did because they ended up switching me from a five-eigth to a centre and that’s when it all took off. It all kicked off from there.”

Kiraz’s dream of playing in the NRL was one step closer to becoming a reality when the Cowboys offered him a three-year deal.

“It was a great deal,” Kiraz said. “I was guaranteed a top 30 spot in the final year. I went up there really excited but that is when Covid kicked off.”

Kiraz was released from his deal to return home when the competition he was set to play in was cancelled. The Knights were quick to snap him up but that did not work out either.

“I actually walked away from a guaranteed full-time deal at the end of last year to take up a trial and train opportunity with the Bulldogs,” Kiraz said.

“I really didn’t think I would get an opportunity at the Knights so I came back to give it a shot.”

Fast forward six months and Kiraz has been offered a full-time deal with the club that rejected him twice after he starred for Canterbury after being plucked from obscurity to play for a Covid-hit Bulldogs team.

“Yeah, it is a bit surreal,” Kiraz said. “But I am in no rush to sign the deal. I just want to be patient and make sure I make the right decision.”

Kiraz’s manager Chris Haddad said his client would have to weigh up interest from other clubs with at least four rivals reported to be chasing the young centre.

Well guess what Jacob, we ended up being the club that gave you a lifeline and a shot in the NRL - You’re welcome

Now just sign already;)

Last edited:

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Lol fuck the daily terrorgraph are desperate to stick the boot into us whenever they can. Nothing story.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh...he's too big of a fan to leave. I won't be surprised if he's on the Kennel.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its time for the daily shitwipe to stop chopping down forests to print dribble on.
We need better quality toilet paper.