D.I.Y / ADVICE / Tools / Projects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was going to connect my wet/dry vac to it, but I like to listen to the radio while I work which would of made it hard unless I use my wife's silent vacuum which wouldn't have worked out too pleasant for me when she rocked up home and seen me destroying it

edit: I noticed yesterday that the Makita one was the only one they had that cuts 45's both ways.
IMG_1863.PNG

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was going to connect my wet/dry vac to it, but I like to listen to the radio while I work which would of made it hard unless I use my wife's silent vacuum which wouldn't have worked out too pleasant for me when she rocked up home and seen me destroying it

edit: I noticed yesterday that the Makita one was the only one they had that cuts 45's both ways.
I gots makita vac with the auto plug only turns on when your cutting

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All gaps crack out after time parfix is cheap but seems to go ok

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a few 4.0 need a charge or 2 when im belting the recipro
Yea understandable. But i was talking to an installer today who is planning on buying them for his drills. Seems like a waste to me for just drills

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea understandable. But i was talking to an installer today who is planning on buying them for his drills. Seems like a waste to me for just drills
Yeah unless you are screwing off into hard wood all day or drilling lumps of coal , ill just stick to a few 4s laying around

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah unless you are screwing off into hard wood all day or drilling lumps of coal , ill just stick to a few 4s laying around
Using the impact drill on hardwood is a massive battery killer.
Ideally that battery would be good for blowers, since they chew through power like its nothing and hammer drills.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ideally that battery would be good for blowers, since they chew through power like its nothing and hammer drills.
We make all our jams windows ect from cedar nice and easy to work with

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Milwaukee are bringing out the big guns holy shit
View attachment 1351
Fukn hell 9Ah !!?
Probably a bit pointless though.
Like, who doesn't take a couple of batteries and a charger, if they're gonna be out on site all day.
All a 9Ah battery is going to do is give your average joe (who buys tools he doesn't need) a drill he only charges once a year.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I refuse to use cordless rotary hammer drills.
People reckon they're the ducks guts, but I just see a tool that's not as good as it's corded counterpart at doing anything.
Show me a cordless rotary hammer that can core a 75mm hole through a 200mm steel reinforced slab.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I refuse to use cordless rotary hammer drills.
People reckon they're the ducks guts, but I just see a tool that's not as good as it's corded counterpart at doing anything.
Show me a cordless rotary hammer that can core a 75mm hole through a 200mm steel reinforced slab.
This is true, but they do come in handy when your in tight spaces with limited access to power and just need to drill a few holes in brick/concrete, I guess the biggest bit I'd use on a cordless is around a 10mm, anything over that and I'd want the power of my corded beast.
I used my corded one to drill a few holes yesterday with a 6.5 bit into brick, it just seemed so excessive for such a small drill bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.