Cyber Monday

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok, so this is what it's come to. Literally ONE BUSINESS DAY AGO was Black Friday. We heard about these deals right over the weekend as well, and sales were going on.

Now... it's Cyber Monday. What is Cyber Monday? Allow Wikipedia to explain...

Cyber Monday is a marketing term for the Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States. It was created by retailers to encourage people to shop online. The term was coined by Ellen Davis of the National Retail Federation and Scott Silverman, and made its debut on November 28, 2005, in a Shop.org press release entitled "'Cyber Monday' Quickly Becoming One of the Biggest Online Shopping Days of the Year".[1] It is on the Monday after Thanksgiving, and most of the time falls in November, but if Thanksgiving is on November 27 or 28, it will fall in December. The date range is November 26 to December 2, and it is always four days after the holiday.

HOW CAN THEY JUSTIFY HAVING THE FRIDAY AND MONDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING AS A DAY TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO BUY SHIT? IS THIS HOW GREEDY RETAILERS HAVE BECOME??? WASN'T BLACK FRIDAY ENOUGH FFS???

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know right, i hate when people offer me things at a reduced price. *****.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I know right, i hate when people offer me things at a reduced price. *****.
I have no problem with sales, but it's the fact that they target people who love sales in the hope of taking their money, and the people who are buying said products are easy targets and don't know 2 hoots about savings!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most people are materialists these days so they deserve to be poor after wasting all their money on junk

Wahesh

Reaction score
Most people are materialists these days so they deserve to be poor after wasting all their money on junk
Financing/budgeting SHOULD BE mandatory in schools these days. WTF am I going to learn from Othello and Shakespeare?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Financing/budgeting SHOULD BE mandatory in schools these days. WTF am I going to learn from Othello and Shakespeare?

That should be taught at home to be fair... but parents are too busy looking at Black Friday and Cyber Monday specials lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, Black Friday specials were cringe worthy.
Still no one can tell me what the hell is 'black friday'.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Surely no different to every other promotion to spend money...

Valentines Day
Easter
Mother's Day
end of Financial Year
Father's Day
Halloween
Christmas

etc etc.
Well those you listed have been around for ages, but in this case, it's 2 that have come around more recently, both mainly targeted at online audiences, that happen 2 business days in a row.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Indeed, but if you can afford it can be why not lol.. :tongueclosed:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black Friday, Cyber Monday, what's next? Greedy Tuesday, buy it or we'll bash you Wednesday, closing down all stock slashed Thursday, fire sale Saturday, check your bank account you could still have some money left sale sunday, what's the next American holiday our country will use to make a sale, I know happy 4th of July sale, anything to make a profit.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Indeed, but if you can afford it can be why not lol.. :tongueclosed:
If it's shit you need then sweet.... I think it's more about people who just like to spend money for the sake of spending money.... at the end of the day, stores are always doing some form of sale.. they just know they can get away with bombarding their customers on certain occasions without running as much of a risk in being unfollowed

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I'm copping Cyber Monday ads in TK

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome to capitalism.