Opinion Current players on the market

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way i see it at the moment of our club has any balls they need to say to the dragons you can take hoppa but we want Duffy cause he is a out and out fullback who can attack and even though it’s a year for attacking records to fall our attack is pure shit so yes Duffy ain’t the superstar fullback like teddy turbo but Duffy can find the line which is what we need .

and as for Vaughn I think we need to get in on him Early has the go forward we lack too at the moment we can get him a little cheaper too but will pay more then most other clubs at the moment due to our appealing qualities.

yes next year we have some great buys
But now with TPG on the look out too we have to be in talks to get him too cause with the dragons sacking Vaughn plays them into contention with room in the cap given that the nrl financial year ends in November they have at least half of Vaughn’s salary to throw at tpg.

we need to move fast cause it seems like there is a lot of good players getting snapped up to.
with us having 12-15 off contract we have to start signing players to fill the voids cause I don’t think we have the quality coming through younger grades to develop
And we ain’t gonna attract superstar talent and get them at a valuable rate we gonna have to pay overs for most of the players we look at sadly.

Let me put it this way I know a young bloke coming through now getting offers form clubs and dogs offered him too. I was talking to him briefly and his manger is advising him to stay away from us. It’s sad I don’t blame him for looking at the other clubs but 10-15 years ago you would have jumped at the opportunity to come play here.
I know in my time coming though the dogs were a good fucking team in my age group for reps and any talent they signed were guns that weren’t from the district

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players on the market we should consider
* TPJ
* Finucane
* maybe, maybe for cheap $ after putting in clauses and doing a thorough interview - Vaughan
2023 Smith (1st) Koriasou (2nd)

Players “not on the market” but worth approaching due to constant chat around their happiness

* Haas (Priority number 2 after B Smith)
* Tapine

Other concern is an experienced number 7.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tpj yes, Finucane may look like another Jackson in our side no, Smith abd api yes, Vaughn yes we have missed having big front rowers, Haas big yes but Broncos wont want to lose him, Tapine big yes.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tpj yes, Finucane may look like another Jackson in our side no, Smith abd api yes, Vaughn yes we have missed having big front rowers, Haas big yes but Broncos wont want to lose him, Tapine big yes.
Whilst I see what you are saying re Finucane and tend to agree a little, I would rather have another Jackson in our side instead of Napa, Stimson, Elliott, Britt, Waddell, Doorey (too much a risk now), Britt, Ogden and even Hetherington to be honest.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All are ordinary, wont win a premiership with plodders.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The way i see it at the moment of our club has any balls they need to say to the dragons you can take hoppa but we want Duffy cause he is a out and out fullback who can attack and even though it’s a year for attacking records to fall our attack is pure shit so yes Duffy ain’t the superstar fullback like teddy turbo but Duffy can find the line which is what we need .

and as for Vaughn I think we need to get in on him Early has the go forward we lack too at the moment we can get him a little cheaper too but will pay more then most other clubs at the moment due to our appealing qualities.

But now with TPG on the look out too we have to be in talks to get him too cause with the dragons sacking Vaughn plays them into contention with room in the cap given that the nrl financial year ends in November they have at least half of Vaughn’s salary to throw at tpg.

we need to move fast cause it seems like there is a lot of good players getting snapped up to.
with us having 12-15 off contract we have to start signing players to fill the voids cause I don’t think we have the quality coming through younger grades to develop
And we ain’t gonna attract superstar talent and get them at a valuable rate we gonna have to pay overs for most of the players we look at sadly.

Let me put it this way I know a young bloke coming through now getting offers form clubs and dogs offered him too. I was talking to him briefly and his manger is advising him to stay away from us. It’s sad I don’t blame him for looking at the other clubs but 10-15 years ago you would have jumped at the opportunity to come play here.
I know in my time coming though the dogs were a good fucking team in my age group for reps and any talent they signed were guns that weren’t from the district
Geez that was a severely painful read, was like pulling teeth! I’m guessing you weren’t an ace at spelling or grammar at school yeah?

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Who let the dogs out? Wolf Wolf

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can all say what u want but some players we have offered decent money too have turned us down and signed for less Matt burton is gonna back flip on us

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a doomsdayer. Burton is 100% coming. If he backflipped penrith will lose half there team.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can all say what u want but some players we have offered decent money too have turned us down and signed for less Matt burton is gonna back flip on us
So he is going to sit 3 years out ? Fukn stupid comment

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would only be 2. I think he has a PO.
I don't think he will come
Burton is at a point in his career(1st yr of 1st grade) he can't miss 2 years of income from footy & go lay bricks or something like that.... if he had been getting paid well for 6 years he may consider something like this ala Big Gordie & his move from saints to pony's...i just don't see it happening..