Current NRL referee a Bulldogs fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
I was at the shops the other day and saw a current high profile NRL referee wearing a blue coloured t-shirt with our mighty Bulldogs logo on the chest.

Anybody know if there is a screening process in which they cannot be biased or even be allowed to ref a game of the team they support?

Pretty interesting stuff... And STFU about illuminati too EADC.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I live around the corner from a former highprofile ref, he is a parra fan and always has been. Shit ref too but he gave me SOO tickets a couple times so atleast he did 1 thing right.. he also did ref parra games. Next time i see him might ask him if he went through any screening process'

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
luke patten spent almost a career at the dogs and he is making the video referee decisions

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the shops the other day and saw a current high profile NRL referee wearing a blue coloured t-shirt with our mighty Bulldogs logo on the chest.

Anybody know if there is a screening process in which they cannot be biased or even be allowed to ref a game of the team they support?

Pretty interesting stuff... And STFU about illuminati too EADC.

Any pictures or do we just take your for it mate?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Doubt it, Luke Patton, Henry Parraranarrarar (LOL) as an example. Would be pretty pointless trying to ref and show favouritism and risk your job but I would hate to know a ref was a fan of say parra and we were playing the in a gf and he was the ref. Would prefer just not to know!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course it doesn't matter who they support. So long as they make decisions impartially.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the end the integrity of the individual (In this case the referee) is more important than who he supports as an NRL team.

I know this is on a much lesser scale, but when refereeing junior games (Even when my own club was involved), I never once had even the thought in my mind that I'd try anything possible to make my club win. It's hard enough being a referee - let alone trying to forcefully change the way a result goes.

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
luke patten spent almost a career at the dogs and he is making the video referee decisions
Yeah good point. It's obvious with him but and I dare say he'd be under a lot of scrutiny when working on a Bulldogs game.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The video ref makes the calls anyway these days, and with 10 replays of everything there ain't much margin for favouritism ( with the exception of having a fair try disallowed that cost you the minor prem )

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No surprise that someone who refs may support a club
They ain't all non league fans

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't call patten biased, in the tipping comp he tipped against us half the time while frog and ward picked us every week.

Also I think having an ex player as a video ref isnt great, if they ever had to make a call on a controversial try and he awarded it people would flip out and call him biased.

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
No surprise that someone who refs may support a club
They ain't all non league fans
That's a given, I'd say MOST are fans or they wouldn't do what they're doing. However, pretty gutsy to flaunt the team you support in public.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
We haven't won the season penalty count since 2004 so I'd say not too many refs are Dogs fans...

Diesel

Waterboy
Reaction score
Was it maybe a Bulldogs Junior League Referees top? Most NRL referees are still heavily involved with their junior leagues.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
he should be seeing the integrity unit for taking away the publics right to absolute impartiality in the referees. He should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute and there should be an investigation forthcoming

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to be Greg Hartley's neighbour and he would be the first to tell you he's turned a few blind eyes in his time when he was reffing bulldogs games, I think he's also mentioned this in his book

Status
Not open for further replies.