Current Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want a board proactive, if they want to sell the big names duds and purchase good exciting youngish talent there got my vote,Problem we need to get rid of the Hasler boys broom them duds out, exciting times ahead

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want a board proactive, if they want to sell the big names duds and purchase good exciting youngish talent there got my vote,Problem we need to get rid of the Hasler boys broom them duds out, exciting times ahead
How much better have they been all around, just the fact we even got told about the cap, and shedding players like it isn’t a banddaid solution it’s gonna be tough times but we will set a percent to never go back to the bottom. The only way is up and the dogs will be back

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how true it is but a good mate of mine who gets good inside mail from the tigpies was telling me about the Mbye situation. He reckons Chris Anderson done the wheeling and dealing for the Mbye move.
Anderson has also identified numerous players who should be moved on and is currently doing the maths to get this shit sorted.
If true i think its great. We don't need someone who is 'buddy buddy' with the players atm. We need someone to come in and put a broom through the place with the only goal to build a great side we deserve.
If Anderson has to piss a few people off to make the right changes, then so be it. We all want a winning side.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure how true it is but a good mate of mine who gets good inside mail from the tigpies was telling me about the Mbye situation. He reckons Chris Anderson done the wheeling and dealing for the Mbye move.
Anderson has also identified numerous players who should be moved on and is currently doing the maths to get this shit sorted.
If true i think its great. We don't need someone who is 'buddy buddy' with the players atm. We need someone to come in and put a broom through the place with the only goal to build a great side we deserve.
If Anderson has to piss a few people off to make the right changes, then so be it. We all want a winning side.
I’ve always loved how “no-nonsense” Anderson is, you wouldn’t want to get on his wrong-side...

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve always loved how “no-nonsense” Anderson is, you wouldn’t want to get on his wrong-side...
When he refused to shake Dibs hand in public I figured Anderson knew alot more than we did.
Turns out Anderson knew how much Dib was being a slimey prick behind the scenes and hated that dog with a passion. I'm not really one for holding grudges but I'm glad he didnt shake that ****** hand.
Fucked our club way too much to be forgiven

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Mbye has something missing in his attitude - it is heart, passion and grit. He won't make it big in Rugby League without it and he sure hasn't made it with the Dogs because of the lack of it!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When he refused to shake Dibs hand in public I figured Anderson knew alot more than we did.
Turns out Anderson knew how much Dib was being a slimey prick behind the scenes and hated that dog with a passion. I'm not really one for holding grudges but I'm glad he didnt shake that ****** hand.
Fucked our club way too much to be forgiven
When Steve Folkes died I changed my avatar to him. But with what has happened this year I had to change it back. I couldn't have his face seeing what our beloved club has been degraded to.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye has something missing in his attitude - it is heart, passion and grit. He won't make it big in Rugby League without it and he sure hasn't made it with the Dogs because of the lack of it!
I think a big problem with Mbye is he got superstar treatment and money before he had earned it.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Steve Folkes died I changed my avatar to him. But with what has happened this year I had to change it back. I couldn't have his face seeing what our beloved club has been degraded to.
Bring it back when we're a powerhouse pls

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but what stopped him earning it? No heart to be a legend.
Some people got it and some people don’t. Mbye doesn’t have it. No passion. He’s like Tony Williams.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, but what stopped him earning it? No heart to be a legend.
He looks like he’s in a massive comfort zone. Most players would be filthy about being moved from position to position and maybe he was privately but in the media it looked like he couldn’t care less about it.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He got superstar money because there were reports the cowboys were chasing him and a lot of people seemed to think it was gonna be Thurston all over again, so our genius ex coach signed him on a ridiculous 4 year contract

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although I'm not happy about the current state of the dogs, I am hopefully confident that we have the right people in the right places to return our club to the top .. Even if that means more pain next year..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Contracts are pointless, they don’t mean jack shit at the end of the day.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So people are happy the board is reducing our spendable cap by forking out money for our players to play against us?

That doesn't fill a hole, it just digs it deeper.

I'd rather Mbye, Woods, Lichaa, and anyone else we are shipping off have their entire contracts paid by another side. Not forking out for a percentage of their cap, whilst we try to replace them on a reduced cap.

Other sides must piss themselves laughing at us. We will have over a million of our cap spent paying players not at the club for the next few seasons the way it is going.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So people are happy the board is reducing our spendable cap by forking out money for our players to play against us?
Alright then come up with another viable alternative.....you’ll be there a while because there’s not one unless you’re willing to run with this roster until the end of 2020.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That doesn't fill a hole, it just digs it deeper.

I'd rather Mbye, Woods, Lichaa, and anyone else we are shipping off have their entire contracts paid by another side. Not forking out for a percentage of their cap, whilst we try to replace them on a reduced cap.

Other sides must piss themselves laughing at us. We will have over a million of our cap spent paying players not at the club for the next few seasons the way it is going.
By the looks of it our salary cap problems are alot worse than what Hill has lead on.

I would not expect Hill to come out and say "we are screwed with our cap, and we must get rid of players". You do that and clubs wont pay 50% of whatever our players are on.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said mate.

Rest assured this Board has unfurled the widest of brooms to sweep out the rubbish that is festering amongst this roster.

There's no perfect solution to the mess our roster was left in but we're being proactive and are trying to salvage the best out of a bad situation. I for one would certainly rather see us free up some significant cap space and pay 200k for Mbye to play elsewhere than pay him 1mil to play for us. We're all fed up of his failures at every key position tried and his cocky press conferences where he promises the world but ultimately delivers nothing.

Woods, you're next.

Status
Not open for further replies.