Crowds in Sydney are pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously watching the game last night.
And through the whole season just illustrates how shit Sydney crowds are.

The NRL are kidding themselves if they don't think crowd numbers are marker on the health of the game.

I even think there was a game this season at Lottoland where the crowd was around 5;000. Fucking pathetic.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is a positive for sydney, it proves that we are smart

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More like roosters crowds pathetic, if that was dogs v dragons or eels or bunnys etc it would of been full

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit crowds attendances at games what do you expect, NRL shit organisation, shit NRL media commentators, shit news paper reporters, shit NRL referees. It all amounts to a very big pile of the stuff.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they should do an apprenticeship with the AFL! Gellong vs Richmond 2 vs 3, just like last night's NRL game... 95000 at the MCG! They needed the broncos ahead of the roosters on the ladder, then they would have 55000 at lang park it whatever it's called now!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
there's differences between sydney crowds in nrl and melbourne crowds in melbourne. 1) just about all the melbourne based sides except geelong are around the melbourne district, where the sydney clubs are more spread out. 2) the MCG and etihad stadiums are easier to get to with better public transport (every line goes through both stops) where to get to anz everyone has to switch lines to reach homebush, and to get to allianz you need shuttle busses. so it's more of an excuse to just stay in

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously watching the game last night.
And through the whole season just illustrates how shit Sydney crowds are.

The NRL are kidding themselves if they don't think crowd numbers are marker on the health of the game.

I even think there was a game this season at Lottoland where the crowd was around 5;000. Fucking pathetic.

Mate, I have been banging on about this for a while now. Pathetic officiating, dumb rule changes and ridiculous scheduling to suit the TV deal are a few of the principal reasons.

Referees are not held to account in any way, a throw back to 2015 when Sutton was paraded in front of the media with the warning that criticism would not be tolerated. How many of these guys have actually been dropped and held to account over the last three years? The only thing we get from Tony Archer or anyone else for that matter within the NRL is an after the fact statement about the benefits of the bunker or a lukewarm apology to the side who has been rorted.

I had to laugh when I watched some replays of tries from last nights game noting that to make the crowd look more substantial than what it was, the ends of the grounds were bare save one or two who probably should not have been there; it was as if they had closed them off. Like last week against the Drag Queens where the crowd was made to look more than what it was because they allowed general admission people to sit in the area normally a reserved seating section opposite the tunnel and right in the line of the TV cameras. In the Drag Queen season ticket members area on the tunnel side you could have thrown a blanket over the fans they had there.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Too many Sydney teams. There should only be 1 team at each of these venues-

ANZ
Alliance
Penrith
Parramatta
Campbelltown
Wollongong
Gosford

Would mean 2 less teams which you replace with a Perth side and a 2nd Brisbane side.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep crowds in sydney are pathetic, have been for some time.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many Sydney teams and the standard of footy this year has been the worst I can remember. Pretty much every team is boring to watch apart from the Storm.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like roosters crowds pathetic, if that was dogs v dragons or eels or bunnys etc it would of been full
Garbage. I was there and of the 22,000 fans , about 1000 were broncos fans. Bulldogs crowds in finals in the first week of finals have been horrid in recent years. Against Newcastle I can recall no more than 20K & Saints also at ANZ it was another shit house crowd. Do your homework first.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like another average crowd tonight with two Sydney teams!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
there's differences between sydney crowds in nrl and melbourne crowds in melbourne. 1) just about all the melbourne based sides except geelong are around the melbourne district, where the sydney clubs are more spread out. 2) the MCG and etihad stadiums are easier to get to with better public transport (every line goes through both stops) where to get to anz everyone has to switch lines to reach homebush, and to get to allianz you need shuttle busses. so it's more of an excuse to just stay in
I live in Melbourne and of course agree about the infrastructure.
But it's also cultural thing.
In Melbourne people will still go to the ground to suuport their team even if they are losing.
Also Australian rules is much better to watch live than on TV.

But the NRL needs to do something to help crowd numbers.
The corrupt organisation is at the complete behest of the TV channels & gambling Revenue.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, I have been banging on about this for a while now. Pathetic officiating, dumb rule changes and ridiculous scheduling to suit the TV deal are a few of the principal reasons.

Referees are not held to account in any way, a throw back to 2015 when Sutton was paraded in front of the media with the warning that criticism would not be tolerated. How many of these guys have actually been dropped and held to account over the last three years? The only thing we get from Tony Archer or anyone else for that matter within the NRL is an after the fact statement about the benefits of the bunker or a lukewarm apology to the side who has been rorted.

I had to laugh when I watched some replays of tries from last nights game noting that to make the crowd look more substantial than what it was, the ends of the grounds were bare save one or two who probably should not have been there; it was as if they had closed them off. Like last week against the Drag Queens where the crowd was made to look more than what it was because they allowed general admission people to sit in the area normally a reserved seating section opposite the tunnel and right in the line of the TV cameras. In the Drag Queen season ticket members area on the tunnel side you could have thrown a blanket over the fans they had there.
I could not agree with you more about the standard of referring.
I don't think any other game is more influenced by referring than NRL rugby league.
Even Soccer/football where a penalty can win a game or cricket & baseball.
NRL refeering is so bad.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Too many Sydney teams and the standard of footy this year has been the worst I can remember. Pretty much every team is boring to watch apart from the Storm.
It only seems that way because the dogs have been shit

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Garbage. I was there and of the 22,000 fans , about 1000 were broncos fans. Bulldogs crowds in finals in the first week of finals have been horrid in recent years. Against Newcastle I can recall no more than 20K & Saints also at ANZ it was another shit house crowd. Do your homework first.
Here's the post you quoted you fucking muppet

And here's the crowd numbers for the last 4 times we played the teams I mentioned in finals

How bout you do ya homework you nuffy

Worst crowd was 33, rest were 70 or higher

Apply cold water to burnt area you wanker

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And we thought we had to 'fear' North Korea.

Nope world war 3 will break out in this thread.

Be back soon, just building a war shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies.