Crowd on Saturday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How accurate are pax numbers when it comes to actual tickets sold?

I head of people having a pax number of say 50k but thrn only 40k or less show up??

LifelongDog

New Pup
Reaction score
Yesterday the NRL were giving away tickets to both games at the children's hospital at Westmead, my mother in law who works there came home with 6 tickets for bay 144 gate P, I can't go and have given 4 of them away, have 2 left if anyone wants them.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yesterday the NRL were giving away tickets to both games at the children's hospital at Westmead, my mother in law who works there came home with 6 tickets for bay 144 gate P, I can't go and have given 4 of them away, have 2 left if anyone wants them.
Incredible to think that they are giving them away, but maybe special case for the Children's hospital. Makes you wonder though, if they reduced the prices maybe give aways would not be happening.Bay 144 would probably be category three reserved I think.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's not confusing brother, the nrl is the most unprofessional sport in the world and it's getting worse and worse. Run and officiated by dickheads with no idea. Plus high ticket prices for low entertainment leads people to stay home.
Do you still watch the game on tv? If so then you are getting all the entertainment you need. I don't go to the footy to watch some band sing or any other form of 'entertainment', I go to watch the footy.
Stop making excuses and get to the game! It is easy to make excuses to justify your decision to be lazy.
If you cant afford it then I understand, if you can get out to the game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you still watch the game on tv? If so then you are getting all the entertainment you need. I don't go to the footy to watch some band sing or any other form of 'entertainment', I go to watch the footy.
Stop making excuses and get to the game! It is easy to make excuses to justify your decision to be lazy.
Having the cash to go to football is difficult for a lot of people and understandably so.The NRL agenda is greatly driven by the almighty dollar and as has been demonstrated by some of the comments from TG bums on seats are not the be all and end all of making the NRL successful. Channel Nine has paid a massive premium to broadcast the game along with Fox therefore the money they recoup by picking and choosing the games they broadcast and the advertising dollars they can raise is more important to them.To me to go to the game and watch it live, which fortunately I can, is a far better option than having to listen to the biased and annoying commentary of Rabs and co.The NRL either demonstrates that the bums on seats option is better by making it more affordable and fan friendly or the trend of dropping crowds will continue until our teams are playing in front of 1000 fans rather than 20000 fans.I have met a lot of good people, some of whom I now call friends at the live game something I cannot do sitting in front of a TV screen.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lazy? Mate, I'm not well and it's a struggle to do normal daily things.

I have been going to games since I was 4 and won't stop till I'm in the ground.

Plus all the entertainment I need is a good match officiated correctly, not a game run by incompetent/crooked refs.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Piss poor crowd tonyt for the grudge match or "supposed dream grand final". Theres no way theres 60k there. I hope our crowd shiets all over theirs tomorrw.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lazy? Mate, I'm not well and it's a struggle to do normal daily things.

I have been going to games since I was 4 and won't stop till I'm in the ground.

Plus all the entertainment I need is a good match officiated correctly, not a game run by incompetent/crooked refs.
Sorry to hear that mate, goes without saying that your health comes first. As for the refs, they have been at the same standard for 100 years and will be the same for another 100 years. I have just learnt to take the good calls with the bad calls.

I am just sick of hearing excuses why people don't want to go to the footy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate, goes without saying that your health comes first. As for the refs, they have been at the same standard for 100 years and will be the same for another 100 years. I have just learnt to take the good calls with the bad calls.

I am just sick of hearing excuses why people don't want to go to the footy.
Before I got sick I went to about 90% of the games, used to love it when it was JF, Reserves and FG.

With the refs, you try not to let them get to you but it's so f'ing hard lol

B

BoonReturns

Anybody can afford to make a final like this. Even a dole bludger could afford to pay their way into a finals clash. The money is an excuse and a poor one. At only a hundred dollars for the best tickets and $45 for the cheapest it's the cheapest night out in town. No excuse you ****ing tight arses.

As for health, family, other reasons not to be there, all fair. But to use these prices as an excuse to miss a finals game is a joke.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Anybody can afford to make a final like this. Even a dole bludger could afford to pay their way into a finals clash. The money is an excuse and a poor one. At only a hundred dollars for the best tickets and $45 for the cheapest it's the cheapest night out in town. No excuse you ****ing tight arses.

As for health, family, other reasons not to be there, all fair. But to use these prices as an excuse to miss a finals game is a joke.
That's really inconsiderate mate, you'd be really surprised with how hard it is for some people to even think of making the final's games..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Consider yourself lucky that money isn't an issue for you, there are many people not as fortunate as you.

Calling them ****ing tight arses is a bit low champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.