Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they are the real deal 12-10 over melbourne

we will do well to beat them

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
wow

few years ago they were no hopers bit like the eels now all doom and gloom for the future

they may actually be in the GF this year, this is actually possible

btw lol @ eels... again

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
goddammit that makes it 1/6 in tipping when I was leading.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isaac Gordon with two quality plays at the end.

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if the dogs dont make it, i like to see the sharks win it as they have never won a grandfinal ,, but u never know what will happen befor this year is over?

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did Billy Slater get sinbinned for? Only just turned on the game on Nbn

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the sharks grubbered to the in goal and slater came in and took out the chaser with a shoulder charge

he wouldnt have scored but it was blatant enough

B

bulldogs_fan69

will be good to get a win against the sharks next week. if we do win it will boost our confidence for when we face melbourne/manly again which would be awesome

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks are a top 8 team... If history this year is anything to go by we will lose.... I know gallen and carney are out but I still think they have a strong side... We have kasinao, stagg, turner, possible Barba out... It's going to be a very tough game...

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
without carney will be interesting one would think graham or townsend come in

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It all comes down to if we show up.

If we do show up then we will win easily but if we play like we did this week they will kill us!

Let the better team win!

G

Gladiator.

****ing Canberra cost me $1250.

Had $100 on Canberra 13+ Cronulla 1-12.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
might slap a lazy $50 on Cronulla for the premiership or is my $50 better spent elsewhere?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Amazing how people didn't think Carney would be a good buy...He's pretty much, along with Gallen taken the Sharks to a top 4 position after they were no hopers in the last few years

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every team should watch this game in their video sessions on how to beat the Smith, Cronk and Slater combo.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Amazing how people didn't think Carney would be a good buy...He's pretty much, along with Gallen taken the Sharks to a top 4 position after they were no hopers in the last few years
He took the roosters to a grand final then a year later played a strong part in derailing their season....

For the sharks; a team that doesn't carry much expectation, he was a good buy. For us, who have underperformed but are actually a club that carries a lot of expectation, it was just too big a risk to invest hope in a player whose attitude/ commitment is so uncertain.

I wish him well and noone would deny he is a great player I don't think, but I think Des is trying to put a long term framework in place for our club's success. When Carney was available it just wasn't clear enough whether we would be getting a long term deal with him as opposed to a bit of instant but fleeting gratification....as far as wek know, the instant gratification may be all the sharks are getting.

If he does continue to go well and shine for the sharks, then yeah maybe we should have signed him...but hindsight is so often useless...from my pov I just didn't think it was the best risk for us to take.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its more than just the 2 stars, cronulla are solid over the park

and they are tough because basically all their games have been a grind with few points separating the teams

Status
Not open for further replies.