Cronulla Sharks need to win today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Ecstasy™

Gold Coast Fan since 88'
Reaction score
I am prepared them write off as a premiership threat today if they cannot defeaet Brisbane minus Lockyer, Civoniceva, Berrigan, Thorn and Parker.

Cronulla are at full strength minue only Nutley, though they have a capable replacement in Hutch Maiava. With Brett Kimmorley on deck and fresh from the bye, Cronulla are not entitled to their 4.5 start with the bookies though that is where my money is this afternoon given my love for a punt Michael Sullivan style (though nowhere near as stupid).

I hear some now, "But Brisbane still have Webcke, Carroll, Hodges, Hunt blah blah blah.....", I say "your point is?".

Brisbane will still be competitive, I am not going to argue that, though if Cronulla cannot win this afternoon, I would tell them not to bother come September as they are there purely to make up numbers.

Agree or disagree?

p.s. A tip for administrators, you need to get more current RL news on here to keep non Canterbury fans interested. If you can do that, some may have offer a donation :arab:

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree,
i dont think sharks have anyne in origin, do they?

although broncos are hard to beat up at Suncorp, and they wouldnt want to lose 2 in a row.

its really going to be a tough match.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
iwant the sharks to lose. they are only in the 8 along with manly to be bastards to teams like the bulldogs and tigers who are trying to get in the 8 and would actually be good in september.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a good result!

Brisbane win which I hate but that means Cronulla are still on 22 points :grinning:

What price we have 7 clubs battling over spots 6, 7 and 8 in the last week before the finals??????????

This is one of the closest seasons in history is it not? And I can't see teams 7 and 8 being too easy for the top two in week one. Could this even be the year when teams 3 and 4..probly Cowboys and Manly going out in week one? Jesus what a close few weeks we have!!!

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
thois is crazy nerve racking footy its good cause it means you have to take more interest in other games

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
tigers have a bye and a game against souths left im hoping souths win that one this

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
ThatsMYteam said:
tigers have a bye and a game against souths left im hoping souths win that one this
oh i soooo hope souths win against Tigers 2!!:D

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
... i'm laughing at all the people who actually thought sharks were going to beat us :p ...

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
yes worried... but never in doubt lol ... I was worried it was going to be too close... but we were going to win this all along, i even bet on it :p

F

fatal1

yeh well i tipped the sharks..

normally broncos struggle through origin, but this year, they've played like origin wasnt even on...

their losses came outside of origin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.