Critta to FB

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s Rd2… dickheads.
We were never winning these two games either. Tough draw, titans and bunnies next two games. Realistically we can win both, definitely one. If we drop both then we are cooked

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we expecting to lose critta to origin??

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me Critta to stay where he is, if anything for me Tracey to fullback , but in saying that we should give Taffee a few more games to prove his worth.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I think Critta to fullback would be good for us. And we have Xerri to come into left centre. Critta would be huge at the back with his defence and he can produce a big play. Needs the ball in his hands and it would take pressure off the halves. Make it happen ciro

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He won’t make changes till the season is lost. And he’ll get fired in rd 5
You make me smile.. I don't understand what people actually thought was going to happen this year?

Surely they didn't believe in the prophecy? Did u think we would shake up the finals? Crighton
Clive Church Hill medallists?

The quicker people realise this year is about finishing the foundations and building a solid set up going forward the more people would understand what to actually watch during games and what to complain about.

The main thing to look at is whether guys like Kiraz, Wilson and Burton are excelling In their positions.

Whether Mahoney, Curran and Crighton are settling into theirs.

Kids growing in stature like Hughes, Presto and Morrin.

And most part are they getting their heads around the systems and structures laid out by the coaches.

This year is about building for 2025/26 and beyond. The names I mentioned are key to success.

Guys like Hutch, Mann, Poasa, Taafe are merely stop gaps for the real things who join the core soon.

Kids like Papalii, Hopoi, Kautoga, Todd and Hayes who push for the 17 next year and then there is further kids like Marshall, Woods, Seve and Alatini as well as more recruitment to come..

This year is merely about building and staying competitive with players buying in.

So far In my opinion we are heading In the right direction considering the circumstances around the shit draw and officiating.

We aren't easy beats and we are hurting teams even though we are smallest team in the comp.

Yes it's nice to win.. but it's even sweeter to see us doing the necessary things right.

So far so good...

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tracey is built for fullback it’s a no brainer.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Critta with 7 runs all game lmao

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm on the critta to FB train, my only concern is losing him from centre in defence, pretty sure he's only missed 1 tackle so far this year. Kiraz / Wilson have combined for 13 misses
Wilson looks like a Ciraldo pick and stick. Maybe the earlier suggestion by a Kenneller on here to select him at FB could work and keep Critta in the centres?

Taafe at 7 is worth a try this early in the season too probably bc it seems obvious already we dont have the firepower to make the 8. Solidifying top of the bottom 8 our best realistic goal? That requires changes.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Critta with 7 runs all game lmao
825k a year to defend is the plan I guess. It's criminal to play him centre in our team/set-up. We probably shouldn't of bought him if this was the plan. I still like him but value for money isn't going to be there. Next his form will drop like the rest of them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
825k a year to defend is the plan I guess. It's criminal to play him centre in our team/set-up. We probably shouldn't of bought him if this was the plan. I still like him but value for money isn't going to be there.
There's only so much a centre like him can do in this team, said it when we signed him. I'm convinced I watch a different game compared to everyone else

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You make me smile.. I don't understand what people actually thought was going to happen this year?

Surely they didn't believe in the prophecy? Did u think we would shake up the finals? Crighton
Clive Church Hill medallists?

The quicker people realise this year is about finishing the foundations and building a solid set up going forward the more people would understand what to actually watch during games and what to complain about.

The main thing to look at is whether guys like Kiraz, Wilson and Burton are excelling In their positions.

Whether Mahoney, Curran and Crighton are settling into theirs.

Kids growing in stature like Hughes, Presto and Morrin.

And most part are they getting their heads around the systems and structures laid out by the coaches.

This year is about building for 2025/26 and beyond. The names I mentioned are key to success.

Guys like Hutch, Mann, Poasa, Taafe are merely stop gaps for the real things who join the core soon.

Kids like Papalii, Hopoi, Kautoga, Todd and Hayes who push for the 17 next year and then there is further kids like Woods, Seve and Alatini as well as more recruitment to come..

This year is merely about building and staying competitive with players buying in.

So far In my opinion we are heading In the right direction considering the circumstances around the shit draw and officiating.

We aren't easy beats and we are hurting teams even though we are smallest team in the comp.

Yes it's nice to win.. but it's even sweeter to see us doing the necessary things right.

So far so good...
Sorry ive got to disagree i dont see any of the top sides like Penrith Broncs or Melbourne having structured play looks like off the cuff play to me

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
825k a year to defend is the plan I guess. It's criminal to play him centre in our team/set-up. We probably shouldn't of bought him if this was the plan. I still like him but value for money isn't going to be there. Next his form will drop like the rest of them.
Another issue is some saying it's gonna be 3-4-5 years before we get our youngsters into the f/g team and success and that all the 2 year guys are just fill ins while we wait.

In the meantime what about the Kikaus, Crichtons, Xerris, Currans, etc and possible elite forwards we've been trying to get.... are we asking them to sacrifice their careers while we do a total rebuild based on waiting years for juniors to mature.

It's possibly fraught with danger expecting these previously successful guys, from successful systems to give 100% yet watch their careers go down the shoot. Will be very hard to maintain effort and enthusiasm for them if we don't have some success and win more than we lose.