Opinion Crichton and Xerri not enough

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 tries and 12 assists.
Not what it said on fox sports the other day, I mean regardless, we havent had a 6 who has had over 10 assists in years, probably since reynolds. Burton has surpassed it easily and will probably end up with 15 plus assists.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do agree with the need for paragraphs. A block of writing is annoying to read and I avoid it also.

If your statement was about needing more quality forwards I think the issues are:

1. Not many quality forwards available that can 'lead' the team around.

2. Why play for the Bulldogs? The place is okay, but there are better places to live/work. I would have preferred the 'Dogs move to the Sunshine Coast or even the Central Coast. I can say that now as I don't live in Enfield anymore. But who wants the hassle of getting to Belmore to train everyday? (P.S. I say this as an ardent Bulldogs supporter since they were the Berries, watched my first game at Belmore in 1977 as a little kid attending by myself).

3. Why bust your nuts each week for a losing team when half the people in your team shouldn't be playing First Grade (Waddle, Okuntbor, Flanagan, Alamoti). We broke King's nuts by making him do all the work... and he didn't even get to the break them the 'nice' way.
Get big Bruno Xerri back on the gear and play him in the middle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not what it said on fox sports the other day, I mean regardless, we havent had a 6 who has had over 10 assists in years, probably since reynolds. Burton has surpassed it easily and will probably end up with 15 plus assists.
They're hopeless with stats this year, noticed it heaps as they're used for SC scoring.

Burton (4 tries, 12 assists) and Averillo (9 tries, 6 assists) are well ahead of everyone else in our team. Burtons stats on paper are good for a 5/8 but he's failing the eye test right now. A bloke with a multi-million dollar contract shouldn't need a halfback to hold his hand for him to do the basics most weeks.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're hopeless with stats this year, noticed it heaps as they're used for SC scoring.

Burton (4 tries, 12 assists) and Averillo (9 tries, 6 assists) are well ahead of everyone else in our team. Burtons stats on paper are good for a 5/8 but he's failing the eye test right now. A bloke with a multi-million dollar contract shouldn't need a halfback to hold his hand for him to do the basics most weeks.
Hes playing his second year at 6 with an ever changing 7 and the worst front rowers in the comp currently, with a solid consistent 7 and a pack that actually goes forward he d be well better. His current stats in a team thats been so average most of the year are impressive for a 23 year old lad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hes playing his second year at 6 with an ever changing 7 and the worst front rowers in the comp currently, with a solid consistent 7 and a pack that actually goes forward he d be well better. His current stats in a team thats been so average most of the year are impressive for a 23 year old lad.
Doesn't matter. Big money players need to perform and he isn't.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Big money players need to perform and he isn't.
Course it matters, you say he hasnt performed yet hes still got 12 assists and 4 tries this year in a team that has probably won 1 forward battle all season in his 2nd year as a fg 6, some fans expect way too much behind such an average pack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Course it matters, you say he hasnt performed yet hes still got 12 assists and 4 tries this year in a team that has probably won 1 forward battle all season in his 2nd year as a fg 6, some fans expect way too much behind such an average pack.
So we should've re-signed Jake then too?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe. I reckon it’s best for both. I reckon he will play well there and we will play better without him.
Play better without him lol, you're acting like he held the team back.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not at all bro. I like Avo as a player. He has scored some awesome tries but I reckon Xerri can offer more in the centres than him and Critta will be better than him at FB.
Xerri and Crichton will make us forget avo ever existed. The same way Gus made me forgot my Mrs existed when he first took me on a candlelit dinner at Canterbury leagues followed by a root in his rolls royce in the car park.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how on earth is burton looking more like a centre, he has 6 tries and 14 assists at 6, in his second full year there thats all been disrupted with 3 different halves partners. Burton is a very good 6, he just needs consistency and a 7 to actually help him out if he doesnt have a great game, unfortunately if burtons off, our attack is normally off. The better sides have 2 good halves, hopefully sexton becomes it but right now we only have 1
I have been a Burton at 6 fan boy for most of the year and only recently started to loose Fatih. He
Is very hot and cold and not showing signs of improvement in those small areas like kick selection. When to drive it in the corner, go high, grubber etc. His game is just not evolving, D getting worse. Early on I thought he had good pass selection and a long cut out ball but again this hasn’t evolved.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sexton is yet to show he can lift this side up the ladder. He struggled to play NRL at Titans who have a fotmer 9 at 7 who was selected before Sexton.
I worry that Sexton lacks speed and is not a noted general play kicker.
in one game and 38mins with sexton on the field we have scored 52pts

the kid has been noted for a good kicking game and vision

no one thinks he is slow other than those who wish to find flaws

the dude was probably dropped by holebrook for personal reasons, new coach cant jst drop the 7 theyve had all year for sexton (who was also injured)

also, can you name a player who hasnt had a hard time or struggled at the titans? lol

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are incredibly poor signings without having a halfback and fullback tied up first.
Agree. And without a dominating pack to run behind, the best backs in the world can't fire.

We have paid too much for too little upfront - Thomo, TPJ.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have said this before but I love the heart of blokes like Morrin & Tapone but they are way way too small to be forwards unless they are a 9. I agree that big FIT forwards are just way more effective @ NRL level. I emphasise fit because you cant have forwards who play limited minutes or gas easily. The sad thing is our junior production line historically has produced so many good effective forwards but Des & Noel sent it to the stone age.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't see Haas leaving the donkeys while his oxygen thief Mother rots in a Brisbane jail. So I hope it is Tino. Just my thoughts.
Maybe Gus could organise a prisoner exchange to get her to do her time at Silverwater?

• Haha
Reactions: 88